Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78888 times)

chonger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.10 22-OCT Read first post!
« Reply #240 on: December 28, 2008, 02:30:52 pm »

I seem to have the opposite; I have super valued items. Like a large silver dagger was worth 43k or something like that... Though I noticed the weapons for the caravan were all high as well, with everything else low. Not sure if that is how it should be or not, but meh. Means I could buy out a caravan of everything else with a dagger, hee.

On a side note. It'd be nice if in the readme it said the particular values of the new metals. That is one thing that probably needs more saying then anything else, I think... Even if one could dig through the raw(r)s for it.

Agreed, I'll add the info to the readme.

Large silver daggers should never be worth that much. Quite simply it should be impossible.
Silver has a value of 80, A large silver dagger should still have the same value if it's unimproved.
A large silver dagger wanted by the other civ to the point where they're willing to pay max price for it shouldn't get anywhere close to value 1000, let alone 43000.

As a request from now on, when noting this issue, please advise:
Race trading.
Whether there were other traders at the time.

I have a save where the Avarii and hobgoblin traders show up together consistently. The Avarii arrive at the depot first. We trade with them and any metal weapons end up being super expensive. I thought this was intentional because LL is supposed to make it much harder to use prepared food as trade good.

Iron shortsword costs 21093.

To be brief, there are two traders at the same time. Avarii and Hobgoblin.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11 20-DEC Read first post!
« Reply #241 on: December 28, 2008, 08:36:48 pm »

This raises an interesting question about how the values of items is calculated. It appears that problems only arise when they are trading at the same time.

We can test this theory quite easily if one of the traders leaves before the other. If this happens, then you'll be able to access the goods of the remaining traders, and see if the price of iron swords is different.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 28, 2008, 10:20:13 pm »

I'm sad  :'(. I did exactly as captain instructed me and the durned thing still won't work. It will actually install properly now, but the run feature does not detect the dwarffort.exe. So I moved the run feature into the main file right next to the dwarffort.exe. But now it is missing files from LLPacked. So confusing when you have no clue what you're doing.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

chonger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 28, 2008, 11:20:15 pm »

Perhaps a screenshot of the directory layout would make it clear where the folders should go.

So I have a clean install of dwarf fortress at C:\Software\df_28_181_40d.LL (the .LL suffix means it is the Legendary Lands version of DF).

I have Lengenday Lands at C:\Software\df_28_181_40d.LL\LLPACKED.

If that still doesn't do it for ya, let me know.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 29, 2008, 01:14:17 am »

I'm sad  :'(. I did exactly as captain instructed me and the durned thing still won't work. It will actually install properly now, but the run feature does not detect the dwarffort.exe. So I moved the run feature into the main file right next to the dwarffort.exe. But now it is missing files from LLPacked. So confusing when you have no clue what you're doing.

Wait wait wait.... are you running using the just released version? The one made with the help of Baughn? If so, I'd better put together a bit of a fix.

chonger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 29, 2008, 01:22:25 am »

This raises an interesting question about how the values of items is calculated. It appears that problems only arise when they are trading at the same time.

We can test this theory quite easily if one of the traders leaves before the other. If this happens, then you'll be able to access the goods of the remaining traders, and see if the price of iron swords is different.

Did another test - This time the Avarii just left (without trading at all) for some reason. Anyway, the hobgoblins got to the depot, but the trade option wasn't available.

Trader at depot:

Trade option not available:

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 29, 2008, 01:26:51 am »

Did another test - This time the Avarii just left (without trading at all) for some reason. Anyway, the hobgoblins got to the depot, but the trade option wasn't available.

Trader at depot:

Trade option not available:

That's... extremely odd.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 29, 2008, 01:43:23 am »

It looks like the trade depot is empty, maybe the hobgoblins didn't bring any goods?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 29, 2008, 01:56:10 am »

Okay, I did a quick rerelease of current version. You can keep your save games.
The new release exe is geared to work with the recent rerelease of DF.
I also took the opportunity to make Avari and Hobgoblins thieve rather than trade, also to correct the iceberry drink name.

chonger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 29, 2008, 09:44:06 pm »

Is the latest version here (version 1.11, md5 checksum 83423c5e234128053f3b50c307f7a695)?

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=191

If it is, it is trying launch a file by the name of "dwarf.exe", not "dwarfort.exe".

chonger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 29, 2008, 09:49:06 pm »

FYI - I installed version 1.11. It doesn't seem to work with my previous save that consistently generated Avarii traders (from 1.10).

The error message is Missing item definition: ITEM_AMMO_MINIBOLTS.

I'm regenning a new world. I'll let you know if I see anything else unusual.

a.f.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 30, 2008, 08:33:54 am »

I think i've found a problem with extremly high or zero values on trade goods. It seems to be related to [SPHERE_ALIGNMENT] tags with very high or zero values. At least removing zero ones and lowing high ones worked for me. Also i've noticed that with the mod game uses to crash often at the point when new emigrants should arrive.

(plus two small bugs i've run into when browsing raws - ITEM_HELM_CIRCLET doesn't have NAME tag, and ITEM_HELM_HELM_GREAT is used in entities' descriptions while not described in item_eqpmnt_helm.txt, still there's already  an ITEM_HELM_HELM_FULL not used anywhere).

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 30, 2008, 08:24:11 pm »

I just fresh installed the 1.11 release of this mod with a clean copy of release 40d4 and have noticed a somewhat strange 'feature'.
I quote;
"Stray hunting Dog (Tame) is more experienced."
"Stray Bison Calf (Tame) is more experienced."

This happened twice more, and I looked into it. It turns out those animals now have conversational stats. Lier, JOI, Comedian, etc. My bison calf is tough and agile now.

Funny, but I'm thinking that this is more of a bug than a feature.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 31, 2008, 01:12:26 am »

I think i've found a problem with extremly high or zero values on trade goods. It seems to be related to [SPHERE_ALIGNMENT] tags with very high or zero values. At least removing zero ones and lowing high ones worked for me. Also i've noticed that with the mod game uses to crash often at the point when new emigrants should arrive.

(plus two small bugs i've run into when browsing raws - ITEM_HELM_CIRCLET doesn't have NAME tag, and ITEM_HELM_HELM_GREAT is used in entities' descriptions while not described in item_eqpmnt_helm.txt, still there's already  an ITEM_HELM_HELM_FULL not used anywhere).

Thanks, I'll be sure to fix all those. I had no idea that trade goods could be influenced by religion

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 31, 2008, 01:14:23 am »

I just fresh installed the 1.11 release of this mod with a clean copy of release 40d4 and have noticed a somewhat strange 'feature'.
I quote;
"Stray hunting Dog (Tame) is more experienced."
"Stray Bison Calf (Tame) is more experienced."

This happened twice more, and I looked into it. It turns out those animals now have conversational stats. Lier, JOI, Comedian, etc. My bison calf is tough and agile now.

Funny, but I'm thinking that this is more of a bug than a feature.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I may have to scale back the SLOW_LEARNER tags a touch.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32