Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78976 times)

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.10 22-OCT Read first post!
« Reply #165 on: November 05, 2008, 06:02:56 pm »

I now have Avari traders visiting me year round. Out of character, but not too bad. One of those caravans brought a few crossbow guards, however, that have refused to leave.They're hovering three levels above my main entrance and raining death on anything that threatens my fort. Glad they treasure my business, but I want these pests shot down so I can test my gauntlet. Suggestions?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 05, 2008, 09:38:57 pm »

I now have Avari traders visiting me year round. Out of character, but not too bad. One of those caravans brought a few crossbow guards, however, that have refused to leave.They're hovering three levels above my main entrance and raining death on anything that threatens my fort. Glad they treasure my business, but I want these pests shot down so I can test my gauntlet. Suggestions?

If you want them gone you'll have to kill them, probably.
Try dropping a floor on them. You'll have to construct one to do it, but it's all I can think of. Unless this would also knock holes through your fortress.

Question, however, do the traders actually trade properly now?
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 05, 2008, 09:56:07 pm »

Just tested somebody's orcs, they're hard-core - got sieged within the second year, TWICE.  It's awesome.  Might be worth a look, Mayday.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 06, 2008, 02:04:22 am »

Just tested somebody's orcs, they're hard-core - got sieged within the second year, TWICE.  It's awesome.  Might be worth a look, Mayday.

Happen to recall the name of the mod by any chance?

Edit:

Scratch that, found em.
They have these tags:
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]
   [ACTIVE_SEASON:SUMMER]
   [ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN]

From the looks of things, you'd have gotten a trader first, and then would have been hit by the orcs. I figure they came twice since the goblins wouldn't have been qualified for yet.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 02:07:29 am by Captain Mayday »

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2008, 02:14:58 am »

Yeah, and they come in numbers, too, with good class distribution, and they're definitely tougher than gobbos - even the wrestlers were able to bring down my Legendary miners more often than not.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2008, 02:17:17 am »

Yeah, and they come in numbers, too, with good class distribution, and they're definitely tougher than gobbos - even the wrestlers were able to bring down my Legendary miners more often than not.

Should be comparable to the hobgoblins in LL. Although these orcs have NOPAIN and NOFEAR.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2008, 09:59:36 am »

Question, however, do the traders actually trade properly now?

They trade just fine.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2008, 11:14:17 am »

The following tale uses the dev version of LL.

I thought I might share a story about a small fort in a Terrifying Broadleaf temperate forest.
The fort's name was Deathwood, built near the brook known as The Night of Dusks, in the Limp Jungle.
The brave souls were 7 axedwarves. I had traded in the anvil for steel axes. Each of them was skilled in its use and a variety of other tasks.
Together I guessed they could handle anything.
I was wrong.

The starting out was quick enough. They hacked down a section of the forest in good time, and built a simple fort on the eastern edge of the brook.
Then they got to work on carving out the area below.
The woods were full of spider webs, and indeed, the stalwart dwarves noticed many large phantom spiders chittering around in groups. None came close, though.

However, when the first of the chaos spawns ventured close, they figured they had to act. 5 of their number ventured forth, and set upon the hapless creature. It shot webs to entangle them, but they were unbothered, and kept hacking away at heads until it had none left.
Then they got word of a new chaos spawn nearing the area. They set upon the monster all at once, only to be blasted by an inferno of burning breath. All were set ablaze, most of them too injured by the assault to even move.
They had grievously wounded the monster, but now they were burning. They still fought it, as best they could, even as their bodies burned. Again it let out it's flame, and the forest burnt around them. They fell before it finally died.
The forest west of the brook was consumed by flame, charred black and grey by the inferno.
The remaining two dwarves watched in horror from the safety of the fortress as their friends and lovers died in a flaming horror.
"NOOO!" screamed the miner, smashing the wagon in her rage.
They felt their minds crack as the traders outside the fort called for their attention. A great melancholy overcame them.

"Hello... wait... where are you going?" asked the traders as they emerged from the fortress.
They separated and wandered off. Each found a their own pond. And in them, their own graves.

Thus ended the tale of Deathwood.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 11:16:05 am by Captain Mayday »

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2008, 11:36:13 am »

Apart from 5 types of chaos spawn, I've also added a sort of landsquid, a tentacle monster with mouths on all its tentacles, a few evil beasties, rakshasa, and an evil giant eel.
Still looking to add more horrors like the chaos spawn, because those seem to work well.

popers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2008, 02:28:50 pm »

Apart from 5 types of chaos spawn, I've also added a sort of landsquid, a tentacle monster with mouths on all its tentacles, a few evil beasties, rakshasa, and an evil giant eel.

sounds like FUN. keep up the good work !
It's not like I haven't tried, but building a mech out of bridges may be a tad above my engineering skill.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 07, 2008, 12:11:07 pm »

Throw in a doom Cacodemon if you don't have one. Big flying meatball cyclops, spewing lightning out of its giant mouth and killing things with its horns. Scariest thing in Doom.

EDIT:

Breached the pits. The demons were in human form, in their pit. Why? Also, every little bit, while the demons were running around knocking the hell out of my cats, the game would crash.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 06:47:17 pm by Zorgn »

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 07, 2008, 08:25:00 pm »

Throw in a doom Cacodemon if you don't have one. Big flying meatball cyclops, spewing lightning out of its giant mouth and killing things with its horns. Scariest thing in Doom.

EDIT:

Breached the pits. The demons were in human form, in their pit. Why? Also, every little bit, while the demons were running around knocking the hell out of my cats, the game would crash.

The demon humans are occasionally in pits. I did this on purpose.
However, not sure why the game would crash. May be a memory issue. Can you monitor it via task manager? Alternatively, is anything in the error log?

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2008, 11:13:29 pm »

However, not sure why the game would crash. May be a memory issue. Can you monitor it via task manager? Alternatively, is anything in the error log?

The contents of the error log.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No idea what that all means...

What do you mean by 'memory issue'?

Whatever happens, immediately kills the game. The window closes in a blink, far too fast for me to register anything on the task manager. It doesn't even happen at the same time or even I can see. I've had it crash the moment they destealth, and sometimes they're rampaging through my fortress.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 07, 2008, 11:57:57 pm »

The contents of the error log.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No idea what that all means...

What do you mean by 'memory issue'?

Whatever happens, immediately kills the game. The window closes in a blink, far too fast for me to register anything on the task manager. It doesn't even happen at the same time or even I can see. I've had it crash the moment they destealth, and sometimes they're rampaging through my fortress.

Figured it out. You're not in Play mode from the looks of things.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2008, 12:08:49 am »

Figured it out. You're not in Play mode from the looks of things.

Ah. Yeah, according to the readme I missed the whole switching objects step. Why do the worldgen objects crash the game?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32