Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What does [MATERIAL:METAL:BRONZE] do?  (Read 524 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
What does [MATERIAL:METAL:BRONZE] do?
« on: January 27, 2008, 01:04:00 pm »

The title is just an example of this material occurance in several creatures.
I stole that from the Bronze Colossus.

My question is, what does it do?

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
Re: What does [MATERIAL:METAL:BRONZE] do?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 06:03:00 pm »

Believe it allows you to melt the lopped off limbs and get bars of that metal. Not sure though.

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 06:07:00 pm »

I imagine it determines resilience too. It'd be very hard to do a lot of damage to something made of adamantine, for example.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 06:17:00 pm »

I believe that the tag only makes the creature use specific properties of the material for its flesh. Since the metals, rocks, and such don't have any "damblock" or such parameters, only those related to heating, melting, and mass are used. The tag, quite plainly, makes the entire creature be made of the selected material. I think only the damblock tag of the creature (and the size of it) relates to its toughness.

It does matter if you're planning on killing the thing with fire though. A creature made of something that can't burn will withstand a lot of heat. An iron man cannot die in the heat until the heat is such that it melts iron.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 01:15:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>I believe that the tag only makes the creature use specific properties of the material for its flesh. Since the metals, rocks, and such don't have any "damblock" or such parameters, only those related to heating, melting, and mass are used. The tag, quite plainly, makes the entire creature be made of the selected material. I think only the damblock tag of the creature (and the size of it) relates to its toughness.

It does matter if you're planning on killing the thing with fire though. A creature made of something that can't burn will withstand a lot of heat. An iron man cannot die in the heat until the heat is such that it melts iron.</STRONG>

Thanks. That's what I thought it did, but was unsure.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games