Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Everything about modding. Please.  (Read 1793 times)

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
Re: Everything about modding. Please.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 07:23:00 am »

Kill my god! Please...
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 07:26:00 am »

Who is your god then?
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 07:28:00 am »

Directly after that she told me to put my faith in Setoc...   I'm still not entirely sure how a cave crocodile managed to become a god, but so be it.

Hell, some Egyptians worshiped them.  Even built a city around a temple devoted to one, where the middle of the temple was a man-made lake where they kept the croc and...

Fort idea!

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 07:31:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>Directly after that she told me to put my faith in Setoc...   I'm still not entirely sure how a cave crocodile managed to become a god, but so be it.

Hell, some Egyptians worshiped them.  Even built a city around a temple devoted to one, where the middle of the temple was a man-made lake where they kept the croc and...

Fort idea!</STRONG>

Build it in a elf town and cage all elfs. Then you probobly know what to do with them :)

The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 01:56:00 am »

More stuff...

Does the [HASSHELL] tag cause any problems with a large creature?  And does anybody know if will still just make the one shell item?

I know there's a [CHILDNAME::], but is there a [BABYNAME::]?

What does the [ALL_ACTIVE] tag do?

How many domestic animal classifications are there?  So far, I've seen common, evil, and good.  Are there any other ways of seperating domestic animals to specific races?

EDIT:  And how would one go about creating a skeletal creature that actually had the correct flesh type?     [MATERIAL:BONE :(nameofcreature)]?  NO_SUBTYPE, perhaps?

[ February 13, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

EDIT: Damn smiley...

[ February 14, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »

I have been unable to use HASSHELL on large creatures. It causes no problems, but it doesn't leave any shells.

I've never seen babyname used, however I don't know if it exists or not.

ALL_ACTIVE makes them active all the time. (instead of diurnal, nocturnal, crepuscular)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 01:21:00 am »

Hmm.  What about plants?  Any way to make an eggplant?  I need a lot of shells, and I can't exactly breed vermin-turtles.  I was trying to make giant turtles so that they'd breed and maybe produce more shells, but I'll see if there's another way.

Bah.  Maybe I'll just have to content myself with fishing for the buggers. They appear everywhere, after all.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 01:54:00 am »

*Bump with comment.

Well, actually, another question.  Is there any way of defining what materials a weapon can be made out of, aside from just the [CAN_STONE] tag?  I want something that can be made out of wood and bone, but is rarely made out of metal, if at all.

If it's not possible, no matter.  I just wanted to make sure I couldn't do it before setting anything down.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 04:54:00 am »

Not at the moment, no.

Only armor can be defined specific classes of materials, and glitchy at that.
For example, I keep getting rope reed plated boots in adventure mode, despite them only having HARD and METAL tags...

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 11:49:00 am »

Yes, BABYNAME does seem to work my custom race has it.  I haven't played fortress mode enough lately to make absolutely sure it works but it doesn't show up in the errorlog.

Seems like it wouldn't require a regen, so if you have a fort with babies in it you can probably just add it in before loading to check.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008, 12:13:00 pm »

Guaranted, just tested and BABYNAME works finely.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 04:10:00 am »

[HOMEOTHERM:-number-].  What does it affect and how can I make it do my bidding?

Also, is there a way to restrict certain mineral types to [EVIL] and [GOOD] areas?

EDIT:  Oh, yeah, couple more things.  Is it possible to 1) define the ignition point of a plant's booze.  2) point a creature's ITEMCORPSE to said plant's booze type?

[ February 19, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]
EDIT: It is perfectly possible to bring along vermin creatures at embark.  The purring maggots I tested out cost a single point, and come in a cage of some random metal, free of charge.  They are tame, so Dwarves will not snack on them.

You just have to look in the item menu instead of the creature menu.

[ February 19, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 03:51:00 am »

I am one of the things that goes *bump* in the night...  Consider this topic bumped.

I was reading somewhere that ammo can be set to always break on impact.  Is this actually possible?  And if it is, how would one go about specifying a particular ammo type to always break on impact?

Pages: 1 [2]