Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is a damage of 6 low for a megabeast?  (Read 1075 times)

gurra_geban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is a damage of 6 low for a megabeast?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 03:07:00 am »

quote:
gurra_geban tends to make creatures that are in no way balanced with the current game setup

i just hate my dwarves, thats all ^^
btw, whats the point if you dont have any real threat? and a megabeast of size 15 with damblock of 20 is still crushed by a group of say 12 crossbowmen or spearmen.

i like the challenge of serious threats, and my suggestions are intended to make a shitty mean megabeast at size 15

een failing lately?

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 03:16:00 am »

I upped it to size 20, so fuck you all.  :D

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 03:54:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by gurra_geban:
<STRONG>

i just hate my dwarves, thats all ^^
btw, whats the point if you dont have any real threat? and a megabeast of size 15 with damblock of 20 is still crushed by a group of say 12 crossbowmen or spearmen.

i like the challenge of serious threats, and my suggestions are intended to make a shitty mean megabeast at size 15</STRONG>

I like your philosophy!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 05:12:00 am »

quote:
Are illithids really working out alright? I imagine it would be a bit strange having an illithid trying to tentacle-eat your ankle. There aren't any brains down there.

Also, they're underdark creatures. Overground that seems... Strange.

Also, I'm hoping you gave them the [EXTRAVISION] tag? Just seems reasonable.

Illithids are underdark creatures, but if you remember the Baldur's gate, they were even in the city sewers, planning the malevolent strategies.
I declined the idea of all-eating illthids and made them to attack with brain (bytoken) with a "mind blast" in close range: "you send telekinetic wave to ..." with 1-8 bludgeoning attack, and it works fine.
For sure they have an extravision. The face-tentacle attack is secondary, but now it's not used because you can't grab the brain to stop them from attacking you "mentally", and thus I want to make more "main" attacks with different descriptions which are mental and add 1 "main" attack with tentacles - just in case. Also why can't an Illithid sprout you in ankle? Maybe he only missed your head. Train wrestling better   :)

[ February 23, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 [2]