Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Toy question  (Read 1047 times)

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Toy question
« on: February 10, 2008, 12:04:00 pm »

I'm making some new toys, If I add the tags [WOOD] or [METAL] will the item be made out of that?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Toy question
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 12:10:00 pm »

Can't you already make toys out of wood and metal?  Just look for differences between your new creations and the ones already present in the toys file.

But...  Can you actually mod in new toys?  I know about weapons and armor and such, but I thought as far as toys and crafts went, there were slight hindrances...

Ah well, lemme know if you're successfull!  I've been wondering about new toy options myself...  Let me know which tiles they're represented with, if'n ya please.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 12:12:00 pm »

There's already the Mega Toy mod. Over 300 new toys. You might want to reconsider your modding project.  ;)

And the only tag relating to the toys is HARD_MAT.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 12:15:00 pm »

Oh...I knew there was a toy mod, but I had no idea there were that many...I'll just download that instead.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 12:19:00 pm »

Three hundred toys...  How the hell do you find three hundred toy types??

Sticking the info into the entity_default.txt must've been hell.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 11:32:58 pm »

Alot of time and effort my friend, I went into a fey mood and was possesed.  Anyone still using this besides me?
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 12:51:38 am »

I am using parts of it. I separated my toys by race now (I have several extra modded civs) as well as adding in about 150 more of my own. It is terrible whenever a noble decides to mandate some specific toy.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 01:09:04 am »

I am using parts of it. I separated my toys by race now (I have several extra modded civs) as well as adding in about 150 more of my own. It is terrible whenever a noble decides to mandate some specific toy.
That (along with export agreements) is why I'm not using the mod. 

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 03:40:39 am »

I separated the toys in groups when I converted your mod for ModBase and I use some groups which I like very much (and I added a bit more to make the groups bigger); I always use different figurines, one of my nobles made my crafter almost mad to get his current figurine collection, but he can play wargames now with them :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository