Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "Cheating" tokens and a new "mod"  (Read 1894 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Cheating" tokens and a new "mod"
« on: February 07, 2008, 09:53:00 pm »

Okay, first a quick background summary.

Being bored of starting with 7 dwarves and building a boring home, I wanted to make a very aggressive fortress next to a goblin fort, just for shits and giggles.

So far, I have made dwarves have between 100 and 200 children at a time, but am currently looking for a way to make them be born as adults.

I am not trying to make invincible dwarves, but I am trying to make them more like ants: numerous, expendable workers. A way to make them more aggressive would be good, I already have [LIKES_FIGHTING], [RECKLESS] and [NOFEAR] but any other aggressive tokens that I could use would be useful to know.

Right now all I need is a way to make dwarves have babies faster (more sex), have the original 7 have babies, get immigrants earlier, or just any other suggestions for cool features or how to make my dwarves more aggressive.

Mainly, I am looking for some way to make dwarves have sex more often, so that I can get babies when I need them.

Dwarves will also not need to drink, eat, sleep, or rest.

I think I have solved this by adding personality traits that resemble a robot, so dwarves are very active and uncaring bastards.

Thanks in advance for any help, I will release the mod if I can get all the features I am looking for (and if anyone cares).

Again, thanks for any help.

Special thanks:
penguinofhonor, for providing tokens on stopping sleeping, eating and drinking
gurra_geban, for the lulz
beorn080, for some smelter abilities
turboburrito, stopping my dwarves from being sissies
Kagus, for miscellaneous token advice
Mr.Person, immigrant and siege help
Moralark, for the world gen tips

Current testing version of the "Dwarf hoard" mod as I am calling it.
None right now, still working on it, and uploading is slow.  
Enjoy, and give me feedback so I can make the mod better.
Just extract the game files somewhere, run the exe from the folder called "Cheat" and generate a new world.

[ February 09, 2008: Message edited by: Slappy Moose ]

[ February 09, 2008: Message edited by: Slappy Moose ]

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: "Cheating" tokens and a new "mod"
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 10:07:00 pm »

[NO_DRINK]
[NO_EAT]
[NO_SLEEP]

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 10:18:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by penguinofhonor:
<STRONG>[NO_DRINK]
[NO_EAT]
[NO_SLEEP]</STRONG>

Holy crap, thank you. This will make testing my mod so much easier.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

gurra_geban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 10:25:00 pm »

[RECKLESS] = fight to the death
[DAMBLOCK:X] = increases damage reduction by X
[FIREBREATH] = increases lulz
een failing lately?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 10:46:00 pm »

[PRODUCT:100:1:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE :DIAMOND_CLEAR]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BLOCKS:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:ALUMINUM]
[PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:COAL_BITUMINOUS]

There are the products for gem blocks and stone.  Just replace the last slot with the type of whatever that you want to get.

Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 11:11:00 pm »

Thanks, guys. Glad for the quick responses.

Really, I needed these smelter reactions so that I could basically have my 7 dwarves hole up in my fort pumping out weapons and crap to get immigrants right away. Without any physical needs, dwarves can be working nonstop, so essentially I can have a few dwarves making raw materials at some smelters inside my fort, a few making weapons and armor, and the rest running around killing things.

I will probably try to make many more ambush races, so that the game will be extremely violent: my goal is to have thousands of dwarves die each year.

gurra_geban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 11:18:00 pm »

as always.
add [VERMIN_ LAVA] to your dwarves, then put this creature into the game.
see what happens!
gl hf ^^

[CREATURE:EXORAY]
   [NAME:exoray:exorai:exoray]
   [TILE:'E'][COLOR:6:4:0]
   [MODVALUE:3]
   [LARGE_ROAMING][FREQUENCY:25]
   [POPULATION_NUMBER:150:225]
   [CLUSTER_NUMBER:10:60]
   [LARGE_PREDATOR][VERMINHUNTER][RECKLESS][NOFEAR][NOEXERT][NONAUSEA][SPEED:400]
       [BUILDINGDESTROYER:2]
   [GENPOWER:2]
   [GRASSTRAMPLE:0][NOBONES][NOMEAT]
   [PREFSTRING:menacing hordes]
   [BODY:QUADRUPED:TAIL:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:MOUTH]
   [BODYGLOSS:PAW]
   [SIZE:8]
   [MAXAGE:10:20]
   [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:MOUTH:bite:bites:1:10:GORE][ATTACKFLAG_CANLATCH]
   [CHILD:1]
   [ALL_ACTIVE]
   [BIOME:ANY_LAND]
   [BIOME:MOUNTAIN]
   [STANDARD_FLESH]
   [HOMEOTHERM:10067]
   [LAYERING:100]
   [SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:2500]

een failing lately?

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 11:35:00 pm »

What will that do, exactly?

Just checking, but my current guess is that it will make my dwarves spawn everywhere, and it will make these exo things slaughter them?

Am I close?

[ February 07, 2008: Message edited by: Slappy Moose ]

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 11:41:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Slappy Moose:
<STRONG>What will that do, exactly?

Just checking, but my current guess is that it will make my dwarves spawn everywhere, and it will make these exo things slaughter them?

Am I close?

[ February 07, 2008: Message edited by: Slappy Moose ]</STRONG>

Only the latter. The exorays will slaughter them and the [VERMIN_LAVA] tag won't do anything else.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 11:47:00 pm »

So it makes these exoray guys see my dwarves as vermin, and fanatically attack them?

Cool, but I will only use this if I can get my guys so start out with enough soldiers to defend themselves until immigrants come, since only they can actually reproduce.

turboburrito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 11:50:00 pm »

[NOEMOTION] might keep them from tantruming and such.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 11:52:00 pm »

I should technically be done.

Unfortunately, I cannot test it today.

I will post it so people can tell me of any errors, and give feedback of what I have so far.

Tomorrow I might be able to finish the mod, depending on how much goes wrong.

And no offense to gurra_geban, I would add your creatures if I didn't have the problem that only immigrants mate, and so m first 7 dwarves could easily get destroyed before I can start producing soldiers.

[ February 08, 2008: Message edited by: Slappy Moose ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 01:02:00 am »

A note about the [FIREBREATH] tag.  This gives dwarves a short-range flamethrower attack, and the ability to hurl those fireballs you see imps tossing about all over the place.  Here's the interesting bit you might actually not have known:  using the fireball ability trains throwing skill.  It appears to be the only assured way of throw-training.

If you're going to have firebreath, I would recommend the fireimmune tag as well, seeing as dwarves might end up belching fire on themselves during combat.  If this is something you're looking for, add the [DRAGON_FIREBREATH] tag instead, as the flamethrower attack has a wider spread, and there's no low-TK rate fireball.

I think there might be a tag that was recently added that defines when other civs send migrants/armies/caravans.  I'll see if I can find that thread again, and I'll drop off the tag here.

Please note that when one of your breeder dwarves gives birth, they'll be covered in baby-plate armor, and will be practically invulnerable.  If you're worried about dwarves suffering from bouts of rage or melancholy, add the [NO_THOUGHT] tag.  It should help, and will also reduce the deadliness of getting their brain mangled.

EDIT: Ehh, nevermind about the immigration tags.  I mis-remembered some other tags I'd seen.

[ February 08, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 01:39:00 am »

Thanks for the advice about that.

Nevermind this post. I accidentally had the coke I was making being produced as a stone, not a bar.

[ February 08, 2008: Message edited by: Slappy Moose ]

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 01:59:00 am »

Meh add three tags for ultimate ass kicking.

[WEBBER]
[THICKWEB]
[WEBIMMUNE]

The dwarves will just stand there and spray gallons of sticky fluid at their enemies.   ;)

Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.
Pages: [1] 2