Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: [38c] Martial arts mod and extensions v1.70. Hindentanic  (Read 27606 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: [38c] Martial arts mod and extensions v1.70. Hindentanic
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2008, 01:22:00 pm »

Alright, renamed "crown" into "great crown" until I get a better name.
I'll conduct some testing and probably add the tigermen to the entity list before updating. Compatibility will be broken.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2008, 01:27:00 pm »

I might have to snatch some of your bone/shell armor later on for my own mod, as I'm adding lizardmen as a new civ.  They don't use much metal, since just about anything will corrode very quickly in the wet climates that they live in.

Glad you managed to find some workaround to the bone problem.  Nothing quite like having bone items, is there?

Fenrir

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2008, 09:59:00 am »

Shouldn't a broken neck yield a nearly instant kill? I can break the victim's spine and neck and they still live. They do suffocate eventually, it just seems to take a little while.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2008, 12:39:00 pm »

Yeah, NERVOUS objects don't cut the connection to THOUGHT yet when broken. I think I should submit that particular bit as a bug, should be easy to stick in before the army arc begins. I mean, a broken neck should make you completely paralysed, in addition to halting breathing. So far it only causes suffocation over time.

Well, I can actually make the brain parent to the neck, so that when it is broken, the system might evaluate the brain as broken too, and thus kill the creature. I dunno.

In the next update, the non-shard constructs will receive a major "reconstitution". They will all posess the same basic properties as the shard golems, but will have power sources attached (magic inscriptions, magical gems, etc.) that will need to be destroyed before the golem will die. Usual shattering of the upper body will work as well though, but with the Adamantine golem's damblock of 24...  ;)

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Thingy Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Disemboweld
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2008, 07:46:00 pm »

This is odd, I just got TWO caravans at once, a goblin and a dark elven.

I hope something crazy doesn't happen.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2008, 07:52:00 pm »

It's ok, I've got goblins+driders+dark elves+orcs at once in the zara's mod salad. Nice option, this way you should haul the goods to the depot just once for the wide range of items to trade =).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2008, 07:53:00 pm »

You can even buy from 1 caravan and sell to another for better price =).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Thingy Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Disemboweld
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2008, 07:58:00 pm »

Founds something odd, I'm playing as goblins, though when I trade with goblins they only have (Large) cloths items so I'm unable to use any of them.

Skullivan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2008, 05:28:00 pm »

How do I install mods?   :confused:

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2008, 10:42:00 am »

Mods in general, or this one in particular?

There's not much difference. You can install any one mod by taking the files the mod provides, and copying them into your DF copy's "raw\objects\" folder, overwriting anything. If you want to install additional mods, you will have to make sure they don't conflict. If they don't overwrite any same file, they are compatible, or should be. If they do, then compiling them together can be a bit of work.

Trading with goblins? I thought goblins had no trade?

Other news:
Tigermen added as a nuisance race. Elves and dwarves received new ranged weapons (pheer elven archers  ;)). Drow and driders now primarily use their mini-xbows instead of major ranged weaponry. Varied the existing bows a bit, so even though they don't see much use in fort mode, the adventure mode has some more flavor. Added a panther. For some reason. I'll test stuff for a bit and update.

[ February 17, 2008: Message edited by: Sean Mirrsen ]

Nolofinw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2008, 03:24:00 pm »

As amazing as this mod sounds, world generation just doesn't happen with it. It rejects the first one, gets as far as the age of myth for the second, and then it turns into a never-ending cycle; the error provided more often than most is that there's "no controlable entities," or something like that. Suggestions?

[ February 17, 2008: Message edited by: Nolofinwë Táralóm ]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2008, 04:09:00 pm »

Which version are you using? Make sure you have the newest one, linked in the first post. The error was happening because of the new entity tags in 38a.

Nolofinw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2008, 04:32:00 pm »

Ah, ok. Thanks much! That's where I was going wrong.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2008, 01:47:00 am »

Maybe you should specify in your sig for which .38a version you updated your mod(s), I gather it's for the second one, but I'm sure people would appreciate knowing it right away.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2008, 03:59:00 am »

He's had the mod version made pre-38a. Both the 38a and 176.38a use the same entity tags.

Anyways, I think I'll finish balancing the ranged weapons, and update some time today. Elven weapons have been set to do somewhere around 300% more damage than normal arrows/bolts. That's to say arrow and bolt damages have been lowered to 60, and elven arrows (three kinds of 'em) do around 180. The dwarven "omnicrossbow" or "omnipult" (somebody suggest a better name, please!) fires ammunition doing 100 of various kinds of damage. Dark elves have their own minibolts doing normal and cold damage. All of these are usable in fort mode, with the elves having a "siege bow" (also seeking name replacement) that uses the crossbow skill.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21