Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: [38c] Martial arts mod and extensions v1.70. Hindentanic  (Read 27603 times)

Thingy Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Disemboweld
    • View Profile
Re: [38c] Martial arts mod and extensions v1.70. Hindentanic
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2008, 03:45:00 pm »

Found this in the goblins creature file.

[ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:LOWERBODY:hump:humps:0:0:PIERCE][ATTACKFLAG_WITH][SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:50:100]

You are a dirty man.

Also took a look at Tentacle demons, Wile equally dirty its more appropriate.

[ February 09, 2008: Message edited by: Thingy Master ]

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2008, 04:49:00 pm »

quote:
Those are more like "spidertaur", or "arachnitaur"

Those names make me think "necrotaur" from QfG4.  Damn were those things nasty!

Also, RE spine breaking:  I didn't think you could grab those while wrestling.  The best I could ever do was make necks breakable, but the worst that could do was force the creature to lie on the ground.  They could still crawl about and attack you normally.  I'd hoped it'd be fatal, but...

[ February 09, 2008: Message edited by: Earthquake Damage ]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2008, 05:21:00 pm »

Yeah, DF doesn't yet have quite the anatomic detail that would allow detection of non-inherently fatal wounds. Breaking the neck in this case simply disables stances and grasps, plus halts breathing. The character can still crawl about (through sheer force of will, no doubt) and make natural attacks because the parts are still attached. Breaking the nervous link should stop the [CIRCULATION]-tagged items, too, then death would be a lot swifter. Until then, you'll have to do with suffocation.

Actually, if the breaking of the neck did not cause paralysis (in RL), a person would (visually) die quite the same way, from suffocation (considering autocontrolling heartbeat) or brain hypoxya, that would most commonly cause death in a minute or so, since no blood loss is incurred. So DF performs realistically in this department, minus total paralysis.

Re: goblins.
I was probably in a very weird mood when I did that to them.    :) I just HAD to give them some distinct move, and considering their twisted nature....
You can always comment out that line if you want. I don't play goblins, or against unarmed goblins, quite enough to notice.

And I also get crashes periodically, but I think it's more because some existing bug in DF than the mod itself - crashes at worldgen occur sometimes on vanilla copies, too.

Final note: I haven't tested most of the mod in fort mode much (kinda hard to start another fort each time you change something), but for the most part, it should be playable for most included races. Right now I've hit a weird bug, but I'll try to overcome it.

Final final note: Do you think I should include details on the changes in the readme/first post? I personally prefer to find out stuff by myself, but having stuff go unnoticed also isn't the best way to go.

[ February 09, 2008: Message edited by: Sean Mirrsen ]

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2008, 08:43:00 am »

Alright, found the cause of the bug. Somehow forgot that centauri are already included in the game as fanciful creatures.

Should I just replace them, or keep the misspelled ones separate?

Also, any creature ideas (those not covered by usual animal mods) that are within period are very welcome.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2008, 12:35:00 pm »

No inspiration came. So, I suppose I'm done introducing creatures for now.

I added chestplates to most races (so that the outcasts and elves have some form of hard armor), and suits of full-plate armor to humans. I'll consider adding it to dwarves, too.

In other news, I saw a divine being (the kentauri object of worship) battle a unicorn. It was kinda one-sided, that with the being able to breathe fire, flight, and double speed of the former. The unicorn did get a few stabs in though. Then I charged the being, and managed to break its left wing, after which it sliced me apart with the divine blade. Yes, I believe it could take on a dragon.  :)

Some bugs continue to surface. Also, I'm getting increasing amounts of crashes. It might be related to the high number of civs. Once at least the bugs are gone, I'll update.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2008, 09:41:00 am »

Bump with content. I will now include a detailed description of the mod.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2008, 10:14:00 am »

<_<
>_>

Uh...  alright, nobody seems to have noticed yet.

I'll have some time to fix those bone items then.

I could have Sworn they worked before!!!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2008, 01:00:00 pm »

Alright. It doesn't have anything to do with the mod itself. The game has a flaw in detecting bone/shell items. You will get them, but randomly. Not much fun, but nothing I can do about it. You'll be able to find those fine in adventure mode though, or so I think.

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2008, 09:54:00 pm »

Gah! RAPIDSHARE! I keep on getting a download limit has been reached thing and I can't pay for a Premium account, can someone please send me the latest version in an E-Mail attachment? my E-Mail is at bien4500atgmail.com (change at to @)

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2008, 10:27:00 pm »

Or you could just wait 24 hours or whatever...

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2008, 10:31:00 pm »

Yeah, I try every day, and I still get that message. Without downloading anything.

[ February 12, 2008: Message edited by: Bien ]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2008, 02:46:00 am »

I've added a megaupload link. It keeps giving me "all slots for russian federation are occupied, install toolbar", so I don't know if it works.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NOQ14OD1

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2008, 04:39:00 am »

It works!

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2008, 06:20:00 am »

Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2008, 06:38:00 am »

Janus: I'll try that.

In other news.

I think I might overcome the funny bone items bug by renaming/repositioning some of the existing items and allowing them to be made with metal and bones/shells/leather.

Currently, I have:
Shell chestplate (breastplate would be more fitting...  I can't stop thinking of a chestpiece composed of two turtle shells and leather straps...) - could be merged with the usual chestplate.
Shell "helmet". I suppose the helmet could be made out of metal, too.
Bone crown. Obviously could be made of metal, but then it interferes with the crafted crown. I'll need some other name.
Bone splint mail. Metal splint mails would work too.
Bone greaves will be deleted. I'll just return the bone-craftable status to normal greaves.
Bone gauntlets will also be removed and the original gauntlets will have bone-craftability reinstated. I'll also add shell.
Bone boots... I don't know. I suppose I could do high boots craftable from shell and bone, too.

So, you will be able to, if you so desire, have an army outfitted in entirely bone or shell armor. Beautiful.  :)
The prime use for this, as I see it, is for a race that does not use metal as extensively. I'll probably add tigermen to the playable races' list.  ;)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21