Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: [38c] Martial arts mod and extensions v1.70. Hindentanic  (Read 27598 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: [38c] Martial arts mod and extensions v1.70. Hindentanic
« Reply #240 on: May 22, 2008, 11:38:00 am »

The first post always has the last version, if only because the main link is for DFFD, and the version is always updated in there.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

armorfox255

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 22, 2008, 07:20:00 pm »

it wont let me make a new world when i put the files in the right spot, did i do something wrong?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 23, 2008, 06:39:00 am »

did you gelete  every thing in the data/objects directory?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 23, 2008, 11:53:00 am »

Define the error more precisely. Any errorlog lines relevant?

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 24, 2008, 01:32:00 am »

Sean, I'm quite impressed by your mod and would like to incorporate parts of it into my own, the Legendary Lands mod. Would you be amenable to this?
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 24, 2008, 05:57:00 am »

Define "parts" more precisely.  ;)

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 24, 2008, 07:28:00 am »

Hi all, I've recently installed this mod and for the last while have been happily playing a Kentauri fortress with no problems, recently for no reason I can tell all of my workers have lost their workers preference list, as in I can't edit what each worker should/shoulden't do task wise. Instead I just get the message I would get if I hit "v" and centered over a animalm going to the pref section of my workers instead giving me the options to set work animals/military setting/and labour prefs instead gives me the message "This animal can't work , s: Ready for Slaughter (N)"

First time I tried to change a new migrants weapons setting he ended up at the butchers, followed by the kitchen... Got know idea how this has happened, only thing I changed between play sessions was changing the innit file section :

Set this to NO if you want the game to recenter on your adventurer only when you've gotten close to the edge of the view.

[ADVENTURER_ALWAYS_CENTER:YES]

PS sorry if this is the wrong place for this but none of the other threads seemed likely places :-)

Any one got any ideas how I can fix this?

- If you know what I mean, and I''m sure that you do.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2008, 09:40:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>Define "parts" more precisely.   ;)</STRONG>

Well, because LL is shaping up to be incompatible with most other mods, I was hoping to add the items and such.

I already have a goddamn large number of creatures, and I'll be adding some extra attacks for them myself, though nowhere near what you've done.

Currently looking at armour and trap components.

I may take the basic layout of the Lizardman civ, and adjust it to my own mods content.

Also some of the non-intelligent animals like your spiders, rat demons, etc. I'd be scaling back their attacks to fit in with the rest of my creatures.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 24, 2008, 10:03:00 am »

@Flar Moonchill - 'mfraid I can'nae help ye with that. Does changing the adventurer centering back restore them?

Although...
GODDDAMMM!! Now THIS is what happens when you overlook seemingly harmless tags, and don't have enough time to properly test the mod. Well, that's what player testing is for, I suppose.
The culprit is probably the PET_EXOTIC tag. Did a dungeon master arrive with your migrants? Because kentaurs have pet_exotic... and once the dungeon master appeared, they became pets....
So if you remove that from their entry in the creature_martmod file, they should revert back. Or you could have your fort turn into a cannibalistic orgy.

@Captain Mayday - you can use the items and creatures, but if you don't take the bodies along you'll have to remake them to use default bodyparts. And don't forget to mention where you get them from.

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 24, 2008, 10:31:00 am »

@Sean: Excellent removing Pet_exotic sorted the problem out and every thing reverted after re-starting, thanks alot :-)

Just OOI during this game my fortress was assaulted by my first big beasty namely a Black Dragon which flew into one of my entrances, TBH though he was a bit ineffective, breathed stuff all over my Kentauri peasents and dogs but nothing was injuried not ever a puppy directly under the blast. Admittedly it killed any unarmed peeps it actually got within arms reach of untill a lone adept swordman walked over and decked the dragon :-)

Did I get off lucky or are they meant to be @ that lowish power level? I've had far more trouble from the Red * Black Giant Spiders that occasional wander past my fortress :-)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2008, 10:34:00 am »

Do you have temperature off?

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2008, 10:37:00 am »

Eh....Yes....Ill think before I post next time Lol, was concentrating on the pet problem so much totally forgot!

Cheers mate

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 25, 2008, 05:08:00 am »

quote:
In other words, why is it that one must instantly associate "tentacle" with rape and sex? [/QB]

Maybe because one of their prefstrings is 'corrupt intentions'? :P

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 25, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »

I've had this idea come into my head recently, but I'm unsure as to how it will be accepted by the players.
I wanted to remake the existing fish (the carp'n'co) into small fishable things, while the actual monsters that attack people will be Large and Giant versions of those, similar to what I did to demon rats. Thoughts?

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 25, 2008, 07:30:00 pm »

That's... a pretty darn good idea.
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21