Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: [38c] Martial arts mod and extensions v1.70. Hindentanic  (Read 27605 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: [38c] Martial arts mod and extensions v1.70. Hindentanic
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »

You mean you get a crash? Any other mods you are using?

What exactly is happening? Can you describe?
Because I never got any such crashes with my mods installed by themselves.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2008, 02:40:00 pm »

You say I should delete all in df/data/objects and then put your mod there.... (that is on main page)
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2008, 03:02:00 pm »

Say what?

<checks>

The warning in bold on the first page of the forum is meant to those that used the mod before (though it will not hurt in any case).

Installing the mod is always done by putting the files provided by the mod into the raw/objects directory, this mod isn't any different from others.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2008, 10:57:00 pm »

God, those kentaurs. I had a nice, strong dark elven adventurer slaughtering many hapless humans with a stolen bronze warhammer, smashing those little bodies into trees, walls, and down into the depths of those watery temples. So I figure he's ready to explore some more, and I happen upon a kentaur area. They seemed a bit more resilient than humans, since smashing them with the hammer would drag their blood everywhere, but they'd somehow still be alive, just "nauseous" and mere "bleeding." So I'm fighting one guard kentaur wielding a mace, then suddenly this deity yells at me and shoots an effing fireball, and my guy, luckily, is singed to a brown color in his legs only. So I'm killing and killing slowly to reach that damned deity, when I get another announcement from some Elite Bowman kentaur that proceeds to fire shiny *iron arrows* at me, stabbing into my powerful adventurer's thighs, arms, and feet, turning them an alerting shade of bright red. And then the whole population of kentaurs comes galloping into view. My guy thought he stood a chance, but finally, the Elite Bowkentaur shot a few times and delivered a sickening arrow into the pancreas, and my guy dies in the swarm of kentaur legs and hail of shiny arrows, clutching at the air and fumbling with his bloody, faithful warhammer.

T.T

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2008, 02:06:00 am »

Sean. I installed FRESH DF. Made pocket world, everythingis fine. Added your mod. Made pocket world. Tried to play. CRASH while loading to adventurer selection. Same for fortress.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2008, 03:01:00 am »

Hm. Weird. I don't remember changing anything in 1.5b from 1.5a that would cause a crash...  After all, the characters of Death and Glory now use my mod, and I haven't gotten crash reports from there yet...

Crashing on starting the game...  something's definetly weird. It should not happen, whatever may be wrong. Since you're able to generate a new world, the entities must be fine, and you must be using at least .38b...  Maybe the errorlog shows something?

I just don't know how else I could have screwed up the mod so that it doesn't work on your machine. You're not using the Mac version, perchance?  :)

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2008, 02:20:00 pm »

No, not mac ver.... 38c

hippiepirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2008, 08:41:00 pm »

i'm using the mac version and it works fine

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 31, 2008, 09:59:00 pm »

What the hell's up with those Kentaurs and telling you to kill their deity? Because once you attack it, they start attacking you.

"Kill our deity."
"What?"
"Kill it. We don't like it."
"Okay." *attacks deity*
"YOU HAVE ATTACKED ONE OF US!"
"You told me to!"
"DID NOT!"

Thingy Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Disemboweld
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 31, 2008, 10:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by penguinofhonor:
<STRONG>What the hell's up with those Kentaurs and telling you to kill their deity? Because once you attack it, they start attacking you.

"Kill our deity."
"What?"
"Kill it. We don't like it."
"Okay." *attacks deity*
"YOU HAVE ATTACKED ONE OF US!"
"You told me to!"
"DID NOT!"</STRONG>

If the deity has the [MEGABEAST] tag you'll get that. I remember reading somewhere that a titan deity gave an adventurer a quest to kill himself.

Orvelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 07, 2008, 01:27:00 pm »

This mod is great... no its magnicifient! gosh and i thought i was already hooked up on DF... now with this... I'm becoming a DF vegetable! cheeeeeers!

this works nicely too... no major bugs as far as i can see!

Orvelo Mcdworf the unlucky cancels posting: is getting beaten by a skeletal whale.

Robke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 07, 2008, 07:10:00 pm »

I had the same problem as Torak. After playing a while with this mod, about 80% of my military was resting in the dining room because they had scratched their neck which wouldn't heal.

In \raw\objects\body_default.txt I changed The [NERVOUS] tag from [BODY:NECK], loaded it up and all my axedwarfs ran up to the barracks to resume hitting eachother with copper axes again. I do not know if there are any side-effects.
I changed the file to:

code:
[BODY:NECK]
[BP:NECK:neck][CONTYPE:HEAD][JOINT][SKELETON]

btw, first post on forum hooray!

hippiepirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 07, 2008, 09:43:00 pm »

yeah, a large number of my dwarvs end up invaliad due to neck injures.  i didn't think to change it though

Orvelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 08, 2008, 11:26:00 am »

i noted a different problem... i cant seem to be able to manufacture full plate chest as a dark elf... only chain chest and all... is this intended or a minor typo/other small problem?
Orvelo Mcdworf the unlucky cancels posting: is getting beaten by a skeletal whale.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 09, 2008, 10:59:00 am »

The dark elves have chainmail, and breastplates. They don't have full plate armor, they just don't use it.

Also, I'm thinking of releasing the next version of the mod "as is", because I haven't been able to find the cause of the crashes that occur...
After I update the rest of the animals, I'll probably just add a new link to the first post, without removing the previous one.

There aren't many notable changes in the next release. They are mostly "underlying architecture" changes, but some stuff surfaced through those. Spiders will have the 8 eyes they need, and they will have several different appendages (mandibles, poison fangs, and the like) to bite you with, and that you can disable. All eligible creatures have their "mouths" attached to "jaws", so that you can break them in combat, and prevent the biting. A pan-experimental change was done concerning the hydras and the "one head is all that counts" syndrome. I'm still not sure whether adding a throat to each of the necks is a good idea..
Dragons are finally flying. All creatures that have bones now also have joints. Several new weapons have been added, like lances, greatclubs, etc.

That's all fine and good, but I also want to add some new races, or make some old ones properly playable. Options include:

Lizardmen (nice tail, good swimmers...)
Harpies (would probably get along with dark elves nicely)
Urch (blatant ripoff of the elvish "Yrch" for "orcs")
Antmen (four weapon/shield hands...)
Gremlins (nuisance above all others...  one gremlin will get into your fort, open all magma floodgates, guzzle all booze, and steal half the gold reserve before your guards spot him..)
And anything else you can suggest that hasn't been already done by another mod...

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21