Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Preliminary Raw Analysis  (Read 2586 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Preliminary Raw Analysis
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008, 07:54:00 pm »

I recall back in 2D adventurers killed in goblin caves would be displayed out in front of it on a pike.  Maybe thats what it does.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2008, 08:41:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Greiger:
<STRONG>I recall back in 2D adventurers killed in goblin caves would be displayed out in front of it on a pike.  Maybe thats what it does.</STRONG>

I haven't seen a Head-On-A-Pike since 2d.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 09:42:00 pm »

While I'm downloading the new version, are reactions possible at other buildings yet?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Zonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2008, 08:26:00 am »

Unfortunately, not, there is only [SMELTER]

By the way, anyone has any clue of how BIOME_SUPPORT really works? I thought it was for seeing how well entities spread to certain biomes, but I'm not sure..

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2008, 08:53:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Hague:
<STRONG>Hrm... What if you created a civilization that couldn't breed and only lived 500 years. Would that make a buncha ruins all over the place of some ancient civilization when the civilization just dies out from old age?

Also, I noticed that when I added another evil entity, lizardmen, it seemed to be that I could only be neighbors with either lizardmen or goblins but not both as dwarves. However, when I made Lizardmen the controllable race, goblins and other lizardmen only showed up but they had a "NO TRADE" tag in red next to them. Why is that?</STRONG>

Sweet making ruins of an ancient race that died out long ago and give them imba weapons that you only can get from the ruins.

The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Mover#005

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2008, 01:41:00 pm »

When I was in adventure mode in the new version, I had seen a head lying around on the top of a goblin tower. I killed a few goblins through, didn't know if it was a goblin head, was very unlikely through because there was no body and it was lying far away from the place where I fighted against the goblins. There was also no blood as far as I remember.

quote:
Originally posted by Nite/m4re:
<STRONG>

Nah, no luck. It stills only choose 1 evil entity as neighbor...</STRONG>

Well damn... It worked with friendly civs at least. I have to say that I deleted the line [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] from the dwarves and added it only to one custom race. Coincidence?

[ February 06, 2008: Message edited by: Mover#005 ]

[ February 06, 2008: Message edited by: Mover#005 ]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2008, 01:58:00 pm »

Somebody put PLAYER_FORTRESS as the LIKES_SITE or starting site of a civ and try to make a fort...  I'll go ahead and try for myself. Fished it out of the exe.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2008, 09:50:00 pm »

It works!!!
I made an atheistic human nation of philosopher kings with [LEADER_TYPE:PHILOSOPHER]. After messing around with the number of civs, I got the world to generate successfully! This just opens up so many possibilities. A Hammerer-King! An Alchemist-King! A Soap-Maker king... Ok, that last one is stupid.
Check out my books at O and H Books

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 12:00:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Gigalith:
<STRONG>It works!!!
I made an atheistic human nation of philosopher kings with [LEADER_TYPE:PHILOSOPHER]. After messing around with the number of civs, I got the world to generate successfully! This just opens up so many possibilities. A Hammerer-King! An Alchemist-King! A Soap-Maker king... Ok, that last one is stupid.</STRONG>

No soap! Dwarf Fortress!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2008, 12:16:00 am »

Human fortress, actually.  It just gives you one more reason to attack the human traders when they come.

Speaking of which, although you won't have more than one civ launching outright war against you, you can have more than the standard amount of "friendly" civs that you can piss off and get to come after you with an army (at least in theory, haven't tried it myself.  Seems reasonable).

Hmm...  The Lizardman civ thing gave me and idea.  I might consider trying to flesh out a fullscale Lizardman civ. Does anybody know what defines where civs place themselves?  It's not the [ENTITY:~~~~], is it?  I figured that was just a meaningless reference point.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 03:49:00 am »

START_BIOME: is what defines where the civ starts. BIOME_SUPPORT: defines where the civ can spread out to, beyond the initial biome.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 10:20:00 am »

Hmm, just decided to actually answer a few questions myself by looking in the raws.  That's a lot of new tags in there, should be fun to mess around with for a bit...

Eek.  I'm having a quandry.  Should I make the BotS mod, the Lizardman mod, or make the temple fort I was planning...

And to think some people can't see how we can spend so much time playing with this game.

Pages: 1 2 [3]