Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Preliminary Raw Analysis  (Read 2584 times)

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
Preliminary Raw Analysis
« on: February 05, 2008, 10:05:00 am »

Now with the new version of DF we have lots of new entity details to work with. I've noticed this one in particular: [ITEM_IMPROVEMENT_MODIFIER:SPIKES:384]

I can only assume this means we can mod out "* menaces with spikes of cotton" if we so choose. I'm kinda curious though, how many item improvement modifiers there really are. So far there is only: HANGING_RINGS, BANDS and SPIKES. I wonder if there are any more? I'd also like to figure out how the following number is relative to the frequency of the decoration appearing artifice.

Also notably is the presence of [RESPECTS_TREES] and [RESPECTS_ANIMALS] We can now modify elves to not care about trees or animals or vice versa.

If anyone else would care to post any analysis of the new entity tokens please feel free.  :D

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Preliminary Raw Analysis
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 11:09:00 am »

I was saddened that the new version would cause me to abandon my fortress in favor of the novel.  But now I realize it gives us a whole bunch more stuff to screw around with!  YEAH!

Zonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 11:16:00 am »

Good thing you opened this thread, otherwise I'd have done it. I had been waiting for this new version to get back to playing and modding. Here's my ideas on what the new tokens do...keep in mind this is speculation, haven't had the time to test out the stuff:

[DIPLOMAT],[DIPLOMAT_BODYGUARDS], [MERCHANT_BODYGUARDS] and[MERCHANT_NOBILITY] should be quite obvious in their effects.

[ACTIVE_SEASON:season] sound like they might affect traders and immigrants coming in that season...however, after I thought about it for a while, it might be the season in which the entity prefers to start military campaigns. humans have SUMMER, and I think(I might be wrong) historically people prefered to fight during the summer.

[MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:number] is obvious. maximum number of civilizations of that entity that can exist in a generated world.

[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:token] should be ovious.

[LIKES_SITE:token] and [TOLERATES_SITE:token] are not so obvious, also, an entity can have both LIKES and TOLERATES for the same token. There's no HATE_SITE token, also.

[LEADER_TYPE:type] can have KING, MASTER_THIEF and DRUID as type, and should tell the type of ruler the civilization has.
[SITE_LEADER_TYPE:type]tells us the "local leader", and can also support STANDARD as a type it seems.
There is also a [MAYOR] token

[START_BIOME:biome] is obvious...and is one of the things I was looking forward too! You can now create civilizations that only start in deserts or swamps, for example. Howere, there are still [PLAINS_SETTLEMENTS]tokens and the like.

[ENTITY_GROUPING:grouping] supports EVIL, FRIENDLY and NUISANCE

[BIOME_SUPPORT:biome:number] I don't really understand too well..Possibly, it's used during world generation to see how "supportive"of life biomes are. Lakes and oceans seem to be very supportive with humans, with 8 as a number...

[RESPECT_ANIMALS] and   [RESPECT_TREES] should be obvious, meaning they won't buy animal and vegetal products

[AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE] probably means they won't hunt, Elves have this

[TREE_CAP_DIPLOMACY] is obvious, they will set a tree cutting quota

[RELIGION_SPHERE:sphere] affects pantheon/god generation, and I don't really understand what [SPHERE_ALIGNMENT:sphere:number] does

[MAX_POP_NUMBER:number] is how many creatures of the entity can exist in the whole world

[MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER:number] is the maximum popolation for a single site

[RELIGION:type] tells us what kind of religion they have. type can be ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER, PANTHEON and REGIONAL_FORCE

[INVADERS_IGNORE_NEUTRALS] elves have this, possibly, when they invade or raid, they won't attack neutral creatures like animals

[CAN_HAVE_MILITARY_SITE_LEADER] should mean that the site leader will probably be an experienced fighter and also a military leader(emh...obvious)

Edit: Cleaned some things I didn't have much of a clue about.
[ February 05, 2008: Message edited by: Zonk ]

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 11:19:00 am »

I love the new entity raws. but...Now I need to remake all of my custom entities.

Whelp, better get to work.

Awesome thread btw, this will make it much easier.

[ February 05, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 11:26:00 am »

START_GROUP_NUMBER rings a bell. It's the number of pairs the civ starts with. 10 means the entire world's population will come from 10 pairs (or 10 people).
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 11:31:00 am »

Yea, think I read the change log too quickly and I skimmed over that.
START_GROUP_NUMBER...it's basically how many couples generate the whole civilization...and "If you have a non-breeding immortal race forming an entity, it creates singles instead of pairs at the beginning, and that's all it every makes"...interesting, eh?

Edit: And speaking of immortal beings..I just noticed [UNDEAD_CANDIDATE], which probably means you will be able to find ruins with undeads of that race.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 11:42:00 am »

Where can I get the list of religious pathenons?(spelled wrong) I recall seeing a list before but I can't find it for the life of me now...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 11:46:00 am »

The options for [LEADER_TYPE] appear to be the same keywords that are in the tilesets. I wonder if you can put [LEADER_TYPE:EXECUTIONER] or something simular in.

EDIT: MOARRR!!! There's a hidden option for <site>: RUIN! Now that could make an interesting civ.

EDIT++: You can add multiple possibilities for religons, i. e. you could make a civ that chooses between demons and pantheons. That could be interesting.

Final EDIT: The [POWER] creature tag allows it to become a deity for ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER civs.

I got all this from the changelog, by the way.

[ February 05, 2008: Message edited by: Gigalith ]

Check out my books at O and H Books

Janne Joensuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 12:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Greiger:
<STRONG>Where can I get the list of religious pathenons?(spelled wrong) I recall seeing a list before but I can't find it for the life of me now...</STRONG>

An example of deity generation can be found from the development list. Your world will have its own randomly-generated gods.

Janne )`*

Zonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 12:18:00 pm »

I didn't know file changes.txt had all the new tokens in it..although, for many, it doesn't give a lot of info on how they work.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »

oh...duh.  Thats what I get for not reading it. Thanks.

I also crash at worldgen. probably my just barely enough ram computer needs me to have less civs to be able to process it all.

Mover#005

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 01:01:00 pm »

nevermind wrong thread

[ February 05, 2008: Message edited by: Mover#005 ]

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 01:59:00 pm »

You know what the new POWER tag means? We can make Old Ones race :)
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Mover#005

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 02:35:00 pm »

According to the Neighbor menu on the embark screen you can have more than the standard 4 neighbors now

Two or more evil civs could make for a very different game

[ February 05, 2008: Message edited by: Mover#005 ]

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 03:20:00 pm »

Hrm... [SITE_LEADER_TYPE: ]

Can this be any type of unit? Where do I get a list of units at?

Pages: [1] 2 3