Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mattgloss of glass  (Read 1374 times)

Quitschi1337

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mattgloss of glass
« on: January 08, 2008, 06:03:00 pm »

What is the mattgloss of glass?

assuming i want a reaction use rough green glass, what would it be?

[REAGENT:1:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:GLASS_GREEN:???]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Mattgloss of glass
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 06:32:00 pm »

Im not sure you can create glass like you would adamantine or any other metal in the smelter. I've never tried messing with the smelting code for glass.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 11:21:00 pm »

You can. If I remember right, it's GLASS_GREEN:NO_MATGLOSS (or GLASS_CLEAR or GLASS_CRYSTAL).

Quitschi1337

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 08:34:00 am »

do i need to create a new world for a new reaction?

Morlark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Morlark's Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 01:19:00 pm »

Yes. Adding anything new requires a new world. A good tip if you're working on a mod is to generate a world with a number of 'empty' reactions. That way when you decide what you want to do, you can alter these reactions, and you won't have to generate a new world.

Railick Stonemane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonemane Library
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 01:51:00 pm »

Not true. I added a reaction to a smelter. Not only did I not make a new world I didn't even make a new fort. It started working in the fort I was already using without any bugs or problems coming up at all.
"And call a dog a cow-that don't change the way the thing'll taste!" Bruenor Battlehammer

http://railickstonemane.wordpress.com/
http://stonemane.hostei.com/

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 05:22:00 pm »

I tried editing it so I could make obsidian axes.  While I was still playing.

Needless to say, it didn't change anything right then and there, but the next time I loaded that save I could make obsidian axes.

It's hardly related, as it's just adding a new tag to an item, but I thought I'd put it out there anyways.

Railick Stonemane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonemane Library
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 05:31:00 pm »

In relation to that, how did you do that ? I'd love to make it so you could make stone war hammers out of pretty much every color stone as well as some stone swords/axes besides obsidian.
"And call a dog a cow-that don't change the way the thing'll taste!" Bruenor Battlehammer

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 05:36:00 pm »

As for making items out of obsidian, simply stick the [CAN_STONE] tag onto the weapon of choice in the weapons file.  As for making it out of other stone types, I don't think you get much say as to what type you use.

However, you can make more than just obsidian usable.  Just find the tag on obsidian (I think it's either [SHARP] or [SHARPENABLE]) and slap it on every other type of rock you want to make stuff out of.  I don't know what the armor/weapon modifiers would be though.

Also, you need a chunk of wood for every weapon made out of obsidian.  It's just one of those things...

Railick Stonemane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonemane Library
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 08:02:00 pm »

Danke, would love to have Marble Warhammer  :)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 12:19:00 am »

I believe the modifiers for obsidian is 133%, the same as steel.  I would think the modifier is just related to the [SHARP] tag and not the material, but I haven't experimented much with stone yet.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 04:37:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Quitschi1337:
<STRONG>do i need to create a new world for a new reaction?</STRONG>

It's the other way around, actually.  Once you have added (or removed) reactions, trying to generate a specific world from a seed won't work anymore.

You can work around this by generating the world in an unmodded copy of DF, then moving the region1 folder into the modded DF's save folder.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 01:16:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by 0x517A5D:
<STRONG>

It's the other way around, actually.  Once you have added (or removed) reactions, trying to generate a specific world from a seed won't work anymore.</STRONG>

Really? I never ran across this when I was messing about with modding the reactions a couple of months ago. I would regen after each set of changes, and always used the same site for my testing, with no apparent alterations to the world itself.

In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"