Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Teldin's Mod 2 (released! Link in first post)  (Read 7657 times)

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
Re: Teldin's Mod 2 (released! Link in first post)
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2007, 11:41:00 pm »

Okay. I downloaded this mod, along with Zoo Mod 3 and Botany Mod. When I created the world and started to play, the game made my starting race Lizardmen... I'm not exactly sure why. They were all lowercase Ls. Very strange.

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2007, 11:55:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hague:
<STRONG>Okay. I downloaded this mod, along with Zoo Mod 3 and Botany Mod. When I created the world and started to play, the game made my starting race Lizardmen... I'm not exactly sure why. They were all lowercase Ls. Very strange.</STRONG>

Did some of the creatures get overwritten? Zoo mod and Botany mod probably have creatures that are named the same as some from TM2 (which is getting a makeover shortly, by the way). Your best bet is to browse through the txt files that come with each and see if any are duplicated, then delete those entries before you gen a new world.

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2007, 11:57:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Balsis:
<STRONG>Is this topic the best place to download the most updated version of the mod? I'm not seeing orcs anywhere.</STRONG>

The OP has the new version, yes: I also removed orcs entirely, and replaced them instead with Azers, a kind of fire-dwarf, which can be played in adventurer mode only (for now).

To be honest I don't really know why I removed orcs  :eek:  I'll add them in again for the next updated version.

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2007, 12:41:00 am »

How do you switch between playing dwarf and the other races, by the way?

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2007, 02:14:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Hague:
<STRONG>How do you switch between playing dwarf and the other races, by the way?</STRONG>

In dwarf mode, I believe when you hit tab during the fortress location menu you'll eventually see a number of selectable civilization names.. not the race, just the random civ name. Personally I always just have one selectable choosable civ at a time so I don't have to guess which is which, or have each civ have very differing name possibilities: if a civ is called, say, "The Confederation of Sweaty Incest-Rape" and you're playing with Orcs and Dwarves playable, it's pretty obvious which race it is.

At least... I hope it's pretty obvious.    :p

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2007, 03:00:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Teldin:
<STRONG>

In dwarf mode, I believe when you hit tab during the fortress location menu you'll eventually see a number of selectable civilization names.. not the race, just the random civ name. Personally I always just have one selectable choosable civ at a time so I don't have to guess which is which, or have each civ have very differing name possibilities: if a civ is called, say, "The Confederation of Sweaty Incest-Rape" and you're playing with Orcs and Dwarves playable, it's pretty obvious which race it is.

At least... I hope it's pretty obvious.     :)

The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2007, 05:33:00 pm »

Okay, I think I worked out the bugs. Like you said, there were multiples of certain animals (Rhinoceros, Coyote, etc) However, now that I can play as dwarves, it doesn't seem like I can have dwarves as my neighbors. My neighbors are listed as Humans, Elves, Goblins and Kobolds. Is this normal?

Edit: Nevermind, game crashed. I'll try to reinstall and find a combination of mods that erm... works :P

[ December 17, 2007: Message edited by: Hague ]

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2007, 05:08:00 pm »

Ah. I finally got it. See, I think there was a naming problem with the Zoo Mod files. I simply edited out the duplicates (as before) and then renamed the zoo mod files to occur later alphabetically. Sounds odd, I know, but with the naming standard that Zoo Mod used (creature_domestic_new, et al) it seemed like it interfered with the functioning of the original files.

Perhaps not, but even omitting the duplicate critters caused my game to crash and the racial neighbors to wonk out (would you consider kobolds neighbors?)

WolfRaider

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2007, 05:54:00 am »

It seems the new smelter reaction somehow overrides the old reactions. I only have "produce stone" at the smelter. Does anyone know how to get around this?

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2007, 05:57:00 pm »

Teldin, I don't know if you're taking requests, but I suck at modding and know you have great skill, and I have been thinking about this: More Giant Insects. I got the idea from all the bee talk, and thought it would be nice to have:
Giant Bees
Giant Moths (maybe non-hostile)
Giant Ants (many varieties possible)
Giant Mosquitos
I'm not sure if you'd rather have this in something separate or in with your main mods, but I think it would be cool.

Even if you don't use these ideas, I still greatly enjoy your mods! You get the Beyond Quality Modder award!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2008, 04:17:00 am »

Tell us please, when do you want to upgrade to a new version?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2008, 11:51:00 pm »

Giant mosquitoes suck.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2008, 11:35:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Earthquake Damage:
<STRONG>Giant mosquitoes suck.</STRONG>

That was terrible, just terrible.   :D

Ed-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://heiteinah.deviantart.com
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2008, 06:20:00 pm »

Looking foward for the updates version!
quot;''Mike Haggar'' Jaritek let out a sinister laughter! ''Mike Haggar'' has began a mysterious construction! [Several slaughtered goblins later] ''Mike Haggar'' has created Murrdusk, a Goblin Blood Pond. The Pond Menaces with skulls of Goblins and is hi

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 29, 2008, 07:37:00 am »

I've recently made some giant mosquitoes, and I've got an idea for large moths.  I've also made smaller mosquitoes that swarm, bite, and that everybody hates.

These are all part of a mod which is encountering problem after problem, so I've got no quandaries about posting them.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6