Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: the REAL future mod! (in the works)  (Read 2311 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
the REAL future mod! (in the works)
« on: January 07, 2008, 10:50:00 pm »

Currently not done. I decided that the candy mod was annoying and have put it on hold for a mod that is pure adventure mode. Seriously, it doesn't have enough for Fortress mode. It has minimal amounts of metal, only four kinds of rock, and stuff like that. The point of this mod is to run around in adventure mode killing everything in sight with your -antimatter beam katana-. Here's the outline:

Beam or Energy versions of swords, maces, and spears that do incredible amounts of damage. Seriously, enough to 1-hit-kill you every time almost. So stay away from melee combat if possible.
In the near future, I have beam/energy whips and maybe axes planned.

Laser Guns. These use several different kinds of damage depending on their ammo. They can do burn, pierce, cold, bludgeon, and gore damage. The ammo is "charges". There are two versions of this weapon: the regular version and the lightweight version that doesn't do anything at all in melee. These are not as powerful as melee, but it's the only way to avoid such things as...

code:
You attack the Goblin Lasher in the head with your +neutronium beam spear+
The shot glances away!
The Goblin Lasher attacks you in the upper body with his -refined neutronium laser whip-
It is torn to ribbons!
You have been struck down.

Seriously, melee combat will move incredibly fast, especially with more weapons like the flame dagger that uses heat damage to light your foes on fire. Don't expect much from it on fire immune foes, as it does mimimal damage otherwise. And the wrestling skill ice gloves- the only wrestling weapon out there so far!
In the future, I plan on some more gloves and a microphone that you'll be able to train your comedian skill with. By killing things.

There are several different metals, most of which are just name and color changes of regular metals. Antimatter is iron, Dark Matter is steel (also, it's impossible to see as it's black-on-black), neutronium is copper, space gold and space silver are gold and silver, and refinium is tin.

There will be some kind of crystals somehow. Though I don't see their use much. You might be able to see them while running through a cave or, if Toady lets us do more stuff in adventure mode, mine them out with an +antimatter digging drill+ because you know I won't let you use picks.

I'm planning on some epic bosses, like mechanical elephants and mutant giant cave spiders. And cool monsters made out of explodium (made with a really low boiling point) that will explode if they can hit you. Imagine...

code:
You are caught in a cloud of boiling explodium!

That is, if BODYGLOSS does what I want it to.

More news later. Somehow.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: the REAL future mod! (in the works)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 11:26:00 pm »

Sounds spiffy.  

You could always whip up something like PSU's line shields for armor as well.  The line shields are basically a personal shield system.  They show up as a series of colored lines on yer clothes.(color dependent on elemental affinity. But thats probably not possible in DF)

Though it may be entirely possible that you want to have melee weapons be extreme overkill.  If so feel free to disregard. Still cool.

EDIT: May also be necessary that despite it's common use in sarcasm, spiffy is actually a very good thing coming from me. I like the word spiffy. It's different.

[ January 07, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 11:50:00 pm »

I want melee weapons to be extreme overkill. Battles will be much more erratic when the weapons deal 1000 damage each. Though ranged ones will only deal 400. I'm making a "blast glove" that is basically the same as the guns except it will use the thrower skill instead of the crossbow skill. That way you can get your heroes to throw a few cold charges, killing some things, then decide that you're running low on ammo and start chucking moonstone rocks instead.

My personal favorite weapon has to be the flame dagger. I mean, a little dagger that catches anything on fire that it wants to! All races except elves will have this. Elves will have some special stuff, don't worry. They also are the ones with the more compact guns, instead of "laser guns" they're "crystal guns" although they all use the same ammo so that you can restock by killing kobolds because they use the same stuff as you.

Also, armor. I have shielding and energy shields, although it's all weaker than chain mail. There is also "aura" armor that's really clothing but there's also the more lightweight, weaker, aura shield. Cool stuff.

I need ideas for instruments. I have toys (toy space station, toy planet, toy moon, etc.) but no instruments. They have to be generic futuristic things.

[ January 07, 2008: Message edited by: penguinofhonor ]

Connie Radical

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 02:54:00 am »

Theremin

Resonance horn

Keytar
KEYTAR IS WAVE OF FUTURE

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 09:32:00 am »

Make laser doors n laser stuff n future mod stuff for dwarf fortress mod and artifacts will rock. Also, I think elves doesn't deserve these future things  :D
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 02:58:00 pm »

quote:
I need ideas for instruments. I have toys (toy space station, toy planet, toy moon, etc.) but no instruments. They have to be generic futuristic things.

Quarkophone
Pengophone
anything that ends in -ophone

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kyselina:
<STRONG>Make laser doors n laser stuff n future mod stuff for dwarf fortress mod and artifacts will rock. Also, I think elves doesn't deserve these future things    :D</STRONG>

I can't edit doors. You'll have to settle for neutronium doors.

I have ideas for monsters. Little spheres that contain three cores: one for flying and movement, one for gore attacks, and one for cold attacks. I'm afraid to give them anything too powerful because the cores are internal. Then I'll make some semi-megabeasts that have more powerful stuff, along with limbs, and all that.

And Neutronium Men, which are slightly weakened iron men. Then there are Neutronium Knights that have sword-arms. Maybe an invisible Dark Matter Man for a boss, too. I'll have to wait until the next version for some stuff so I can get civs to be more detailed.

Also, how would one go about getting a civ to use multiple types of ammo for a given weapon? Does [ITEMCORPSE:X:Y:Z] work on vermin?

And I'm making microphones an easter egg: they'll be in the raws but not in the generic game. You'll have to mod them in. Along with the "soaper gloves" and their ammo. Which is soap. "Battle-Quality Soap" sounds awesome. They'll raise your soaper skill. Just because I love weapons like that. Maybe there will be an incredibly powerful "Asher's Mace" that does 10,000,000 burn damage on contact. Is there a damage limit?

[ January 08, 2008: Message edited by: penguinofhonor ]

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 07:11:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by penguinofhonor:
<STRONG>I need ideas for instruments. I have toys (toy space station, toy planet, toy moon, etc.) but no instruments. They have to be generic futuristic things.</STRONG>

It's not exactly generic, but you must have a holophonor.

A theremin and synthesizer might be good, too.

[ January 08, 2008: Message edited by: Nesoo ]

000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 09:43:00 pm »

Who wants to beta test a weapon?

code:
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_FLAME]
[NAME:flame dagger:flame daggers]
[DAMAGE:20:HEAT]
[WEIGHT:10]
[SKILL:DAGGER]
[CRIT_BOOST:1]
[TWO_HANDED:3]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:2]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:3]

Remember, you have to give it to your civs in the raws and then play it in adventure mode or change the skill to [SKILL:SWORD] for fortress mode. Though that wouldn't be fun because then your dwarves would have more flaming things to run into.

I basically want this to do a little bit of damage, but not enough to use it as a main weapon. It should be used to light your enemies on fire. Now you'll have some fun with those wolf ambushes.

[ January 08, 2008: Message edited by: penguinofhonor ]

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 10:33:00 pm »

You could make laser a material. Then you could have lasar all sorts of things.
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 10:40:00 pm »

Call it Lightmatter, say it's a form of stabilized plasma, and have the game call it simply "light." As long as it's a metal, then you can have all kinds of things be made of light: -light doors-, <<light>>...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 12:13:00 am »

Hey, guys, how easily does this cut through goblin flesh?

code:
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_BEAM]
[NAME:beam katana:beam katanas]
[DAMAGE:1000:SLASH]
[WEIGHT:30]
[SKILL:SWORD]
[CRIT_BOOST:1]
[TWO_HANDED:6]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:5]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:6]

Nice, eh? And how deadly is cold damage?

code:
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_GLOVE_ICE]
[NAME:ice glove:ice gloves]
[DAMAGE:100:COLD]
[WEIGHT:20]
[SKILL:UNARMED]
[TWO_HANDED:0]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:4]

And will this work properly?

code:
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SOAPER]
[NAME:soaper glove:soaper gloves]
[DAMAGE:50:BLUDGEON]
[WEIGHT:20]
[SKILL:UNARMED]
[RANGED:SOAP_MAKING:SOAP]
[TWO_HANDED:0]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:4]

[ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_SOAP]
[NAME:battle soap:bars of battle soap]
[CLASS:SOAP]
[DAMAGE:300:BLUDGEON]

Someone get back to me on the four weapons. Since you guys are using normal metals, you could get iron battle soap which would be awesome TO THE MAX.

[ January 09, 2008: Message edited by: penguinofhonor ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 01:28:00 am »

I can make the new megabeasts, and perhaps some new ores.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 07:20:00 pm »

I don't really need new ores unless I decide to make this for fortress mode as well, but I do need monsters. I have 4 cave-dwelling monsters. One probably won't work like I want it to, but we'll see.

And I do need names for the Space Gold and Space Silver. And a new metal to make all monster-dropped weapons out of. Light sounds good, though I'd make sure it couldn't be found underground.

Also, some info on the microphone: it's basically a clone of the soaper gloves except it uses "laughter" ("bundles of laughter" for the plural) as ammo and uses the mace skill when it's unarmed.

I've also made "Gravity" hammers and maces which are (about 1.5x) more powerful but about twice as heavy as regular weapons. And I think the Gravity Hammer has to be two-handed while the mace is two-handed for dwarves.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 05:14:00 pm »

You mentioned not being able to mod doors... It's a sad thing that the three glasses are hardcoded materials, because doors made of glass are called "portals" and would thus be PERFECT for this mod!
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.
Pages: [1] 2