Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mineable fish are sorta done. help wanted.  (Read 845 times)

nicholasneko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
mineable fish are sorta done. help wanted.
« on: January 07, 2008, 08:23:00 pm »

please don't hurt me, but i'm thinking of doing this.. making a new ore called fish, and then a smelter reaction to turn the fish ore into real fish.. whatch think?

code:

[MATGLOSS_STONE:FISH]
[NAME:fish][COLOR:1:7:1][TILE:'@']
[SEDIMENTARY]

reaction_neko

[OBJECT:REACTION]

[REACTION:FISH MAKING]
[NAME:make fish]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:FISH]
[PRODUCT:100:1:FISH:NO_SUBTYPE:SALMON:NO_MATGLOSS]

[ January 07, 2008: Message edited by: nicholasneko ]

[ January 09, 2008: Message edited by: nicholasneko ]

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
Re: mineable fish are sorta done. help wanted.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 09:08:00 pm »

I think there is currently a problem where you can't specify a creature so the game uses a default settings for the boiling point, melting point and current temperature. All of which are set to 0 DFDegrees. Or -A hell of a lot Fahrenheit. This results in the product boiling off while simultaneously freezing anything nearby. Such as dwarves. It's rather entertaining.

nicholasneko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 09:17:00 pm »

yes but at the moment, for testing i have temp turned off, so thats not really an issue, i got the layer made, but i'm having issues turning it into fish, for one they don't seem to go get the stone and for 2 the output is a worm.

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 09:19:00 pm »

Are you planning to wear the t-shirt?

My dwarves are not your dwarves.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 09:24:00 pm »

It would be awesome if that ore only occurred in ice walls of frozen rivers/streams/lakes

That would be VERY awesome.

Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 09:28:00 pm »

Actually, it's very FEW degrees farenhiet. Resulting in the surrounding heat causing it to boil.
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

nicholasneko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 10:00:00 pm »

well i got it sorta working, they make item "fish" which is processed fish but they won't move it to the food storage, i would rather them make a kind of fish and actually move it around, think i need to have em make raw and process or this?

[PRODUCT:100:1:FISH:FISH_CAVE:NO_MATERIAL:NO_MATGLOSS]

might work?

my assumption is that "fish" while showing as fish, and being eaten, is not in the food list as there is no real fish called "fish" so i guess if making cave fish as above fails i can always just make a fish called fish and that might fix the issue?

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 10:42:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by nicholasneko:
<STRONG>please don't hurt me</STRONG>

No can do.

*breaks arm*

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

nicholasneko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 10:57:00 pm »

ow...

so i've gotten it to make blue jays and all assortment of animals by picking random material types, but i just want a turtle or cave fish or something, and setting the sub_type doesn't seem to do squat.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 11:11:00 pm »

...I hear you can fish out of aquifer water...there ya go, mine for fish.

Fish by itself should work just fine unless yer trying a specific kind of fish, because I once heard of someone making 'mystery meat' in a smelter before.  I believe the dwarves were happy to eat it too.

Fear the power of α (EDIT: dangit the symbol dosn't display correctly on the board)
EDIT: You could probably just randomly guess at the matglosses (or whatever) and hope to come up with it.  I heard someone doing that with making live animals in a smelter too.  But there were more creatures than material types so there was a limited selection.

[ January 07, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

nicholasneko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 11:13:00 pm »

well they eat the "fish" thats not an issue, the problem is cause its not listed as a REAL fish in the game they will not transport it to the food storage and thus it rots in the smelter.. i can make em make raw fish which i then have to prep, but same issue, sits there with out being taken to the food storage.. hmm. any idea on how to get a specific fish? like turtle or cave fish or something? i've tryed subtype and pretty much anything else in the row but i either continue to get "fish" or the game crashes when the smelter goes to make one.

do i need to just make a matgloss file with turtle in it or something?