Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: The Goblins Mod  (Read 8512 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: The Goblins Mod
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2008, 10:27:00 pm »

Okay, apparently the people want an update. I'll get to work, then.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2008, 12:43:56 am »

Alright, two updates out. I think adding Farming <Fields> to gobbos will fix the problem of blood sacks not appearing at embark.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2009, 01:12:28 pm »

'*bump*

rise from yer deep grave, ye undead thread!

I'm interested in a mod that would enable "goblin fortress".
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Sepis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2009, 09:48:24 pm »

'*bump*

rise from yer deep grave, ye undead thread!

I'm interested in a mod that would enable "goblin fortress".

I see your bump and raise you another.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2009, 03:32:52 pm »

ya, this doesnt seem to work for me, I cant seem to cut down trees, none of the slave verieties are available at embark, nor are trolls, or bloodsacks for that matter. Ive embarked three seperate times and with different goblin cities and the same result was had. why is this.

Hakazaba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2009, 08:45:48 pm »

Rise thread RISE!...

please

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2009, 08:02:51 pm »

Christ you fuckers I do an update for you and you wait until I think no one cares anymore to bump it.

ya, this doesnt seem to work for me, I cant seem to cut down trees, none of the slave verieties are available at embark, nor are trolls, or bloodsacks for that matter. Ive embarked three seperate times and with different goblin cities and the same result was had. why is this.
Gee willikers, you sure are a smart one, expecting a year-old mod to work perfectly.

Anyway almost none of the problems you encountered are actual problems. I cut down trees just fine, and you have to get your own slaves. Also, diff civs have diff things.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 08:40:15 pm by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2009, 10:40:27 pm »

Version 8

40d1-13(?) compatible.

Features:
  • Fixed blood sacks.
  • More complex goblin bodies.
  • Cat-o'-nine-tails added as a whip weapon.
  • Shishkabobs and pies added. Shishkabobs are like stews and pies are like roasts.
  • [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] removed. Litter sizes are 1 to 5.
  • Elves are now available from embark, presumably.

Download Version 8

I hope you bastards are happy
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:38:20 am by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2009, 05:31:50 am »

Not trying to give you more grief, but you could fix the URL tag in your original post for version 8.

Also, this mod is godlike. Thanks a lot for making it.

Akreaveter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2009, 07:04:02 am »

As for the goblins not carrying anything to trade; pack animals (I'm guessing the dwarven slaves, here) need some sort of TRADE_CAPACITY or some-such tag.  Dig Deeper had the same problem with their yaks.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2009, 07:59:56 am »

Another thing - my Goblins (And their pets (Beak Dogs)) flash as "Winded" occasionally. Problem with the body types? Maybe the new ribs?

Could just be my install, I guess.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2009, 09:43:37 am »

Another thing - my Goblins (And their pets (Beak Dogs)) flash as "Winded" occasionally. Problem with the body types? Maybe the new ribs?

Could just be my install, I guess.

I think that's actually the bronchi I added to them. Strange.

As for the goblins not carrying anything to trade; pack animals (I'm guessing the dwarven slaves, here) need some sort of TRADE_CAPACITY or some-such tag.  Dig Deeper had the same problem with their yaks.

Added goblin horses (bigger and meaner) and trolls as pack animals. My excuse for not seeing goblin cats and horses in vanilla is that they're pets and not war animals.

Not trying to give you more grief, but you could fix the URL tag in your original post for version 8.

Also, this mod is godlike. Thanks a lot for making it.

Fixed. Thanks for the compliments! Really makes the work worth it.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2009, 01:16:13 pm »

I'm a bit confused on how I go about "taming" a captured human. I just got through a seige, and I caught four humans in cage traps.

They are currently stationed in my dining hall as amusement.

Do I tame them from the kennels? Do the cages have to be in my stockpile or already placed as a decoration?

*Edit* According to the wiki, I should be able to tame something from the kennels while its sitting in a cage trap (I'm assuming one that isn't already placed as a zoo). However, when I use Tame Large Animal from the Kennels, nothing is listed as being selectable.

*Edit* ...I just put a human on a chain, transferring him from a cage. The result was the goblin getting a mangled arm. That hammerlord didn't appreciate that.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 01:36:14 pm by Kruniac »

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2009, 01:55:32 pm »

Hmmm, dunno what the problem is. They're not [INTELLIGENT] and have [PET] status.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2009, 02:49:18 pm »

I added USE_ANY_PET_RACE to the Goblin's Entity_Default, and Elf Child and Elf (among other things) shows up on the embark list.

I still have no idea why I couldn't tame a human after caging one.

Maybe because COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET isn't in the Goblin entity_default file?

I didn't think the entity entry for goblins had anything to do with their ability to tame though. Maybe even though I can now Embark with elf/dwarf/whatever slaves, the taming isn't fixed.

I added COMMON_DOMESTIC to the Human Creature_Domestic entry and could embark with them when Goblins were set to USE_ANY_PET_RACE.

I removed USE_ANY_PET_RACE from the Goblin entry in Entity_Default and couldn't select any pets besides Beak Dogs and the cats when Embarking.

So anyway. At the end of the day USE_ANY_PET_RACE will fix the problem of not being able to Embark with "Tamed" Elves, Humans, and Dwarves (Assuming you fix the creature entries so that Elves, Humans, and Dwarves have COMMON_DOMESTIC), but I can't figure out why I can't tame one of those creatures after capturing it in a cage trap.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7