Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: The Goblins Mod  (Read 8506 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: The Goblins Mod
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2009, 03:37:29 pm »

I don't want to add USE_ANY_PET_RACE, really.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2009, 03:03:02 pm »

I don't want to add USE_ANY_PET_RACE, really.

Right. I'm just saying that you can't embark with "slaves" without it as the mod is right now. I don't know if you intended it that way or not. Also, you can't seem to be able to tame captured humans after a seige. (I haven't tested the ability to tame other species once captured.)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2009, 09:34:28 am »

Yes, I think the current framework does not allow it.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2009, 11:48:16 am »

Yes, I think the current framework does not allow it.

..Okay.. So was it or wasn't it your intention to allow slave taming/training with this mod?

I was under the impression that in the spirit of the mod, it should allow a few things.

1: Embarking with slaves as pets.

2: Taming and training more slaves from captured dwarves/elves/humans.

Am I right or wrong about this? Maybe I got confused from your version entries in the OP.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2009, 12:35:38 pm »

Er, yes, that was the intention but it simply is not possible. I suppose I could allow any pet race and then remove all dwarven pets.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2009, 08:35:43 pm »

Okay, update out soon.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Teiwaz

• Bay Watcher
  • [BABYSNATCHER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2009, 03:00:35 pm »

I've been playing with a slightly modified version of this for the last couple days - lots of fun. I've always found the best part of DF is being evil, but that never fit Dwarves so well. (Though this is the first Goblin mod I've played with where the Goblins don't end up murdering each other constantly - strangely, these guys seem downright psychologically stable compared to dwarves!)

Just saw 2 oddities:
- Humans and Elves trade with me. From the readme, it sounded like they should be at war with me. The Dwaves are, but I have yet to see any show up.
- Trolls don't breed. There are males and females, but I've been playing for 3 years of gameplay and my troll pit still only has 7 trolls in it, while my cow population (I feed my gobbos with a combination of livestock, fishing, and trading for meat) has exploded in that time.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2009, 06:30:15 pm »

I've been playing with a slightly modified version of this for the last couple days - lots of fun. I've always found the best part of DF is being evil, but that never fit Dwarves so well. (Though this is the first Goblin mod I've played with where the Goblins don't end up murdering each other constantly - strangely, these guys seem downright psychologically stable compared to dwarves!)

Just saw 2 oddities:
- Humans and Elves trade with me. From the readme, it sounded like they should be at war with me. The Dwaves are, but I have yet to see any show up.
- Trolls don't breed. There are males and females, but I've been playing for 3 years of gameplay and my troll pit still only has 7 trolls in it, while my cow population (I feed my gobbos with a combination of livestock, fishing, and trading for meat) has exploded in that time.

I think if you remove the INTELLIGENT tags from the elves and humans, and put in CAN_CIV and CAN_LEARN, but not CAN_SPEAK, they'll always be hostile to you.

Do your trolls have any sort of data for breeding in your raws?

Teiwaz

• Bay Watcher
  • [BABYSNATCHER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2009, 07:46:08 pm »

Hmm... never thought about modifying the other races to make them hostile rather than the other way around

I looked at the Troll stuff, and nothing jumped out at being all that different from, say, the cow entity (other than child/male name variants.)

Teiwaz

• Bay Watcher
  • [BABYSNATCHER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2009, 12:45:05 am »

A litter of trollings was just born to the bodyguard/pet of my warlord. It appears that the [baby] tag (which determines the name of the young, and the age when they grow up), if omitted, prevents a creature from reproducing.

Hakazaba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2009, 05:17:04 pm »

there is a bug where the goblins can build and spwan items that are to big for them.
its especially annoying when you take great axes or halberds insted of battle axes in fort mode, leads to pickup/drop loop for tree cutters.
it can be fixed by just removing them from goblins in the entity file

PS: please keep supporting this mod, its silly playing as dwarves when everyone acts as goblins anyway (emersing nobles in magma sounds more goblin to me)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2009, 06:06:52 pm »

Bump'd.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Kulgur

• Escaped Lunatic
  • AHHHHHHHHH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2009, 09:45:22 am »

Noticed the permanently winded problem is still there, it's not just the gobbos either as I've seen winded enemies (anything with lungs infact). Editted out the bronchi entries and that's fixed it.

EDIT: Found the problem I think, the bronchi has CONTYPE:RLUNG it should be CON:RLUNG far as I can figure. I reckon the game was looking at the template, seeing there's 4 breathing organs, not attaching 2 of them and as there was then only 2 working breathing organs out of 4 ruled anything using it as being very short of breath :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:57:34 am by Kulgur »

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2010, 10:18:01 pm »

Really? Wouldn't know about that.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2010, 08:12:24 am »

CONTYPE checks for a bodypart type. There's no RLUNG type.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7