Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: The Goblins Mod  (Read 8511 times)

Razzums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Goblins Mod
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2008, 01:51:00 am »

Well I really don't want to start over, what weapons can they use on default?
ey

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2008, 01:54:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Razzums:
<STRONG>Well I really don't want to start over, what weapons can they use on default?</STRONG>

Short sword, spear, battle axe, crossbow, scourge/whip, pick, mace, and hammer.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Razzums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2008, 01:58:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>

Short sword, spear, battle axe, crossbow, scourge/whip, pick, mace, and hammer.</STRONG>

sorry to ask so many questions but just to be clear on this, I downloaded version 5 of this mod. And without any manual changes to the raws, my goblins can use all of those? Then why would I need to restart?

ey

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2008, 02:00:00 am »

quote:
<STRONG>

sorry to ask so many questions but just to be clear on this, I downloaded version 5 of this mod. And without any manual changes to the raws, my goblins can use all of those? Then why would I need to restart?</STRONG>

Because the goblins have weapons to choose from which they cant use (which is very hard to remember which ones are what, unless you're a dwarf fort encyclopedia), also, if you want dwarves to spawn and siege, you need to edit the entity file.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2008, 02:00:00 am »

I think he was just referring to weapons that can be used by creatures that size.  I don't know if everything's actually been set up that way yet.

Also, they can't really use whips or scourges.  You can't get the goblins to equip them.

Razzums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2008, 02:03:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>

Because the goblins have weapons to choose from which they cant use (which is very hard to remember which ones are what, unless you're a dwarf fort encyclopedia), also, if you want dwarves to spawn and siege, you need to edit the entity file.</STRONG>

Thanks for all the help, but I really don't know how to edit the raws.. at all... It might be a lot to ask, but can you host a .rar with the fixes to the weapons and sieges?

ey

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2008, 02:05:00 am »

quote:
<STRONG>

Thanks for all the help, but I really don't know how to edit the raws.. at all... It might be a lot to ask, but can you host a .rar with the fixes to the weapons and sieges?</STRONG>

Just copy the code I posted above and paste it over EVERYTHING in your entity_default file.

Metal Chao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2008, 03:26:00 am »

Wait, so can goblins eat plants?
I think you should have a carnivorous version as well.
So you can either have a world with farming goblins, or one where they are on a constant struggle to survive and have to wrestle elephants for food.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2008, 03:34:00 am »

I'm pretty sure they're still carnivores.  They just have bloodsacks to make booze.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2008, 05:46:00 pm »

Goblin Fortress is currently besieged by elephants. They're no problem for gobbos.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Metal Chao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2008, 03:51:00 pm »

This needs to be fixed for the new build ASAP.
Because I want a goblin army 0:<

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2008, 04:04:00 pm »

In the middle of fixing it myself, just need to test a few things before it's finished.

Goblins SHOULD now trade with other goblins. This required the [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK] tag, and Goblin caravans SHOULD now bring their goods in on Dwarven Slaves.    :D I'm not sure if this will affect the weight of traded goods, though. Haven't lasted to Autumn yet.

I can't get more than one enemy Civ in a single location, but if I can get them to siege, then Elves will babysnatch/steal items, humans will ambush/steal items, and dwarves will ambush/babysnatch (and all three will siege). They'll also have slightly different requirements before coming active.

Warning: while testing this once, there was a rediculous amount of towns (there's a screenshot here). I haven't had this happen more than once, but it didn't happen when I tried the seed without the mods (though the geology was the same). These overpopulated worlds take a VERY long time to gen, even if there's not many rejects.

I'll post a link as soon as it's done.

[ February 09, 2008: Message edited by: Untelligent ]

The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2008, 04:43:00 pm »

I'll try to get around to updating this for the new version.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2008, 06:04:00 pm »

Why do some of the pets cost 1? That's just silly.

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2008, 07:52:00 pm »

Might need [PETVALUE:xx]
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7