Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: RELEASE v0.85: Chaos Reigns Mod 38c Compatible  (Read 5904 times)

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RELEASE v0.85: Chaos Reigns Mod 38c Compatible
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2008, 03:07:00 pm »

OK, here's the bugs I've found, and one or two of them have quick fixes.

1) Keen takes two steel and not just one.

2) King shows up when you discover impure mithril.  I found this to be particularly annoying, since I discovered impure mithril very swiftly.

3) You get a 'Praise the Miners' message when you discover... anthracite.  I mean, it's cool stuff, but not on the same level as adamantine or anything.

You probably know about this stuff.  But I need to be sure, 'cause this is an awesome mod.  The Uruk thieves don't go down nearly so fast as the goblins did.

Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2008, 10:58:00 pm »

I've looked a little at the items.  If you download this mod (and it is a good mod), please look at the raws for matgloss_stone_mineral_chaos.txt

Look at anthracite.

It's [DEEP].  Mithril isn't, but anthracite IS.

That's why the king came in my game really early (I had anthracite and impure mithril, and I wrongly guessed that the IM did it), and why I had a demon pit lined with anthracite, and believe me when I say THAT sucked.  Delete that one word, and these problems disappear.

Like I said before.  It's good stuff, but not [DEEP].

Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
  • Unus volatilis angelus, aeria gloriis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2008, 01:26:00 pm »

I apologise for once again going AFK from the DF modding community... but my time has been taken up with other things, namely coding work for college and other projects ive been meaning to get in. Also, ive had some personal problems but i wouldnt like to elaborate on the internet.

Anyhows, having finally got around to checking the forums again, i apologise wholeheartedly for not responding to your feedback. Im glad that you showed interest, and that people like fleeb even decided to buff the mod with their own content!

Anyhows, i thought it would be impolite not to fix the bugs mentioned, at the very least, for those who enjoyed it the first time round, as it is a very annoying bug indeed.

So therefore, i have fixed all the bugs listed apart from the following two:

- It takes two steel to make keen. This was done for gameplay reasons, and is not a bug.

- The vampire giving a mission to kill himself is because although you can be a vampire,  they are still an evil entity. Therefore, you'll still get quests to kill them. I know its not ideal, but if i had the player as a [GOOD] character, i would have evil adventurers walking around standard towns without being challenged, which is far worse.

I have also found a new bug with the squig like creature, and i dont know what it is. For now, i suggest not taking them as a choice. Here is their code, ive probably done something really obvious as to why they somehow die randomly.

code:
[CREATURE:SQUIG]
   [NAME:squig:squigs:squig]
   [TILE:'C'][COLOR:6:0:0]
   [LARGE_ROAMING]
       [NO_GENDER]
   [MODVALUE:2]
   [GENPOWER:2]
   [FREQUENCY:100]
   [PREFSTRING:growls]
       [PREFSTRING:temprement]
       [PREFSTRING:weird glowing eyes]
       [BLOODTYPE:SLIME]
   [ALL_ACTIVE]
   [POPULATION_NUMBER:15:30]
   [CLUSTER_NUMBER:3:7]
   [EVIL][MEANDERER][NATURAL][PET]
   [PETVALUE:300]
   [BODY:BASIC_3PARTLEGS:4EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:MOUTH]
   [BODYGLOSS:CLAW_FOOT]
   [BODYGLOSS:MAW]
       [SIZE:6]
   [MAXAGE:10:20]
   [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:MOUTH:bite:bites:1:6:GORE][ATTACKFLAG_CANLATCH]
   [CHILD:1][CHILDNAME:squig offshoot:squig offshoots]
   [FAT:6]
   [COMMON_DOMESTIC]
   [STANDARD_FLESH]
   [HOMEOTHERM:10070]
   [LAYERING:100]
   [SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:2500]  

Please go easy on me, i havnt been doing this in a while!

Anyhows, yes, expect a fix shortly. If i have the time, ill probably add some more additions to the mod.

Oh, and i cant wait much longer for the army arc. mmm, berzerkers v elves. Justice is done.

Oh, and dont point out some of my stuff is a shameless rip. >.> <.<

Its all very original and inspired!

- Signed Post + 1

PS i wanted to make giant magma spiders out of stone of something suitably cool. But they jsut melt even more hilariously than normal if i do, so until i work it out, standard flesh it is.

[ April 28, 2008: Message edited by: Deathbane ]

Creator of the Chaos Reigns and Age of Heroes modifications.

Developer of the Adventurer Roleplaying game system, assistance required!

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=46859.0

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2008, 02:46:00 pm »

About your squig. He has no body/head for other bodyparts to be connected to.

Also it's no_gender so it can't breed plus it has maxage, so it will die quickly and disappear from the planet surface.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2008, 03:13:00 pm »

I wonder...

Are Oriental Humans in your game named as such... or are they called Humans?

I rather hope they are called humans but instead have different sets of preferences, names, and objects.

On a Side note: It would be cool if powerful Wizards or Vampires could end up becoming Entities of worship for other people which due to limitations in the game you could make two sets of the same creature so the god wizards and the normal wizards remain seperate. (which... you probably know already... WHY AM I CURSED WITH IDEAS PEOPLE ALREADY THOUGHT ABOUT!!!)

Ohh well.. Ill sit in my corner and cry my eyes out

[ April 28, 2008: Message edited by: Neonivek ]

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2008, 03:15:00 pm »

I was thinking of doing such a thing, but i dont currently know how to implement it without it being slightly, buggy!

I was thinking having powerful vampires as subjegating goblin tribes possibly, so i will probably add this as something to once again have a look at. Worth adding, if just to increase variety!

And yes, they are called humans. There is no difference between human races namewise in the mod.

Got a few new creatuers i hope to implement, that will hopefully make wolves after wolves battles diminish. These include the usual human enemies, mutants twistd by evil, fanaitcs, nightstalkers (brain stealing night creatures that appear EVERYWHERE, not just haunted. [some creatures would make their way into normal areas], killer plants in jungle areas and possibly some maddened cog like machines the wizards created.

We will see.

PS: Removed the settlement tags as well.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2008, 03:29:00 pm »

Just make your own awesome mod and put everything you think is right in =).
Like me, I saw some cool additions in different mods here, and they all are about adding a lot of cool stuff (which causes some bugs for now, sadly), and the only thing I figured out the hard way (after trying to make a Faerun mod, which has nice bugs still here in the forums) that I should make a mod, changing/tweaking original gameplay. I don't know if I'm succeeded, but I'll try to work on it better.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2008, 03:34:00 pm »

It is going to be very interesting to see how you change your Mod once the Army Arc (or War Arc... I forget) comes out if you change anything at all.

Seeing as your high influx of evil beings (I kinda think there should be SOME beings of goodness or at least false goodness in DF...) could upset the delicate balance of the world plunging it into darkness... which I guess isn't that bad, it puts it up to the player to purify the world in BLOOD!!!

Just make sure you replace Wolves, and by replace I mean make less frequent, with interesting enemies... because frankly... Wolves have been one of the most interesting enemies to me... Seeing as Lions, Tigers, and Bears (ohh my) have all been solo enemies who go up to you and scratch you... While Wolves use teamwork.

Well Id love to drop TONS (I have pent up creativity) of ideas onto you... but I gotta go. Ill try this mod in a bit.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2008, 03:58:00 pm »

I added a component to my mod called "animal packs modcomp", maybe you should add something like this too. Just increase the pack sizes for lions/panthers/jaguars. It makes the game less hit-hit-hit-win, but more dodge-hit-run-dodge-hit-bite-bite-dead and more competitive and fun
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »

Hmm, good suggestion! Been adding several more creatures to the game tonight. Also, if any of you fight giant lizards you are warned. For some reason, they can put up quite a nasty fight in a pack. Probably because of their large size!

The nightstlakers are hopefully going to act like wolves at night, but be hell of a lot more deadly. Blood sucking monsters = awesome

Ill continue to toy around with it. May as well add some things as i release the fix.

And the whole evil races thing was part of the idea, i wanted the player to feel like they were in a more oppressive world than that of even the normal df. Thats including skeletal elephants and skeletal giant eagles. *shudder*

Atlas

• Bay Watcher
  • Supertitanly Tough
    • View Profile
    • Rideo- Latin For Lol
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2008, 08:12:00 pm »

I noticed how you put in scarabs.

Could you try and build out the desert biomes a little, they are a little too scarce in life and activity, but it really needs a little activity.

I am trying to build a desert race myself, but as I am new to the game, I can't seem to get anything to go right...

Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2008, 12:45:00 am »

Normally seeing as this is a Evil mod I wouldn't suggest this... but seeing as you cannot realistically combine mods without a lot of work...

How about you give "Good" lands some really nasty enemies too? Maybe even some vicious yet fanciful intelligent species.

Like large Pixies that will attack in packs and pinch your character until he falls from the pain and then tear his/her skin off or something.

Or a being of light that burns whatever character it touches and only "Good" characters will not be targetted but others will.

Ehhh... I tried... I just felt I had to leave something behind

I am playing your mod right now, I will tell you what I think later

[ April 29, 2008: Message edited by: Neonivek ]

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2008, 02:51:00 pm »

Yes, im planning on doing just that! More neutral and good creatures to fight are needed. Pleasebear into consideration the version you are playing contains some horrible bugs regarding fortress mode!

Anyhows, progress is coming along nicely. I hope to have a kinor release out tonight, with a few new creatures and the fixes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2008, 03:57:00 pm »

Well I just tried the undead... and I raised my stats to extremely high levels

But I noticed that ranged weapons of all types seem to always knock off one of my undead's limbs (I didn't even know ranged attacks could do that) and rarely do anything otherwise... Even other weapons didn't seem to do knock off my limbs such as Pikes (though the Pike got a wicked Neck and Head strike). Is this normal or intentional?

It did lead to an interesting save where I started to take down the Oriental Humans with no legs and one arm (which held an Exceptional Iron Shield). It ended when I commited suicide because I LOATHE temples (I jumped off the top). On the same game I beat up three harpies at once, but I traveled instead of thrown by mistake.

I am still playing and Ill have a full evaluation later... My only real serious concern is that for many of the weapons and armor I have no indication of what it is or its strength. This is split up into two areas
A) Oriental weapons: Alright I know the Yari is a Polearm and the Nodachi is a sword... Could later versions of this game include a translation in the Readme that tells you what each Oriental weapon is skill wise?
B) Keen Broken Sword: I am noticing some weapons and armor don't seem to even have materials and have both a negative and possitive quality. Is a Keen Torn Chainmail Good? Is it useless? Is Keen its material? You may ignore this section as it may actually be the point that people are supposed to discover what objects are actually bad and what are actually good.

I do have one question thought

Is the Iron Scary Mask that the Orientals carry actually convay armor?

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2008, 04:44:00 pm »

First things first, i wont be able to release the update tonight as intended : I need to get the new creatures fully tested, unless of course you want to be running into something thats meant to be a semimegabeast every 2 minutes!

In answer to your question, as undead all your bones are sever on break. That means any weapon that breaks them will make them instantly snap off! Thats the only reason i can think of now without digging through the raws. I made it such because undead would be fragile to being hit, having no sinew, flesh and muscle to absorb impact!

I think it would be a good idea to include a little translation in the future, since im using mainly japanese influenced items! For now though, you should be able to open the raw file and see! Think the file is item_weapon_chaos.

Broken weapons and torn armour are simply armour that has been decaying for decades on its undead user, and is therefore slightly worse than a normal weapon that is made of the same material. A keen broken (notched) sword is still much stronger than a weapon of inferior quality.

And yes, masks convey armour bonus!!

Ill keep you all updated  :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5