Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: RELEASE v0.85: Chaos Reigns Mod 38c Compatible  (Read 5902 times)

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
  • Unus volatilis angelus, aeria gloriis.
    • View Profile
Re: RELEASE v0.85: Chaos Reigns Mod 38c Compatible
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2008, 11:36:00 am »

Sorry for going AFK on you all, i havnt abandoned this project, just i have had the first of my exams this year and some personal problems with my dad, so i havnt had much time for df!

I see that 38 has been released, and it seems to only effect the entity tags, which means i should soon be able to make the old version compatible with 38, and add some new additions to the mod! This update is great for me - i can now add the races i want with FAR more control over them!

To the last poster:

Looks like a good suggestion, ill consider adding it to the new mod! Any materials suggestions are great - im crap at ideas for them.

So, expect updates shortly, any suggestions would be fabulous. If there is any additional info any any new tags, and you know wher ei can find additional information on them, please link, or add to the wiki. Novice modders like me appreciate contributions and links to help.

thanks!

[ February 09, 2008: Message edited by: Deathbane ]

Creator of the Chaos Reigns and Age of Heroes modifications.

Developer of the Adventurer Roleplaying game system, assistance required!

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=46859.0

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2008, 11:54:00 am »

SO is release 3 (0.7) in the first post compatible to 38a now?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »

Not yet, ill have to add that to the first post, i didnt have time to do it earlier. Thanks for the reminder!

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2008, 11:19:00 am »

Apologies for the double post, but i need to announce a quick update and request some information.

So far the conversion appears to be going well! I have most of the content working with the new version, and im currently exploring the ways in which to improve on them, such as setting fortresses and relgions for both wizards and dark elves.

I may be able to get a release out today or tommorow, and ive decided to trial that mineral above!

Question: What raws did toady mess with? The mod is mostly compartmental, but im still using the old creature subterraneon (sp?) and standard files, albeit having added [POWER] to the demons. Is that all he changed? Otherwise i might have to work on the new original creatures files and redo all the changes :/

And what the hell is the conversion rate between celcius and dwarf fortress's temeprature system> im having trouble doing realisitc minerals because of its stupid temperature system!

Theres probably sme logical reason for it im sure >.>

[ February 10, 2008: Message edited by: Deathbane ]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2008, 03:08:00 pm »

Don't tell the creator his idea is stupid. Never xD.
And I guess there're new tags about START_BIOME and all.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2008, 03:19:00 pm »

lol xD. Start biome is only in the entity files thank god, along with most of the other new tags apart from POWER. Which has saved me redoing all the changes i did to standard, such as remove wizards as default etc etc.

yes, i have checked the last versions creatures files to the new version, its seems they are all compatible, and that only [POWER] was changed. I have of course, had to do the entity files and they are now fixed! Dark elves and wizards working!         :D

Im moving on to adding a variation of the humans, which you might enjoy, before i release the next version. May as well do some improvements before i release it again!

Heres the plan of action:

-Separate, distinct human race
-Demons and armok faction for everyone, especially the wizards, to have a nice slay off
-Undead, with the vampires playing a bigger role possibly, although mainly skeletons type creatures. From ruins probably, in the desert!

With the new limits, i can finally get these working more of the way i wanted them to!

Expect new items of course, distinct to these races.

After that is done ill bother with more materials, although once i work out how DF converts to F and Celcius, ill add some more materials into the game, and probably some new plants and possibly creatures.

But yes, this is a very exciting update! CAnt wait to have massed invasions of demons fighting the wizards, with a player ducking inbetween trying to not get a !!two-handed daemon blade!! lodged between the eyes.

Remember, i want to hear YOUR opinion on the changes, suggestions for any of these things that are coming up! Il ltake all suggestions, as long as its not anything completely riduclous.

Hmm ive jsut had a strange urge to make an adamantium colossus. I might hold back for now.      :D

EDIT: I plan to also start a good bloodline adventuring game once i have some more of the above done, which should be quite awesome.

SECOND EDIT: Ive been busting my ass off all night to code the next race, you guys better be pleased or ill be sad. Well, actually, probably not. i enjoy it too :P

THIRD EDIT: YESSSSSH. Ive finally finished the first test of the new race!

Ill test them throughly tommorow if i can, and if alls well... upload time.

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2008, 10:07:00 am »

Sorry for the double post again, but the new version has been released!

Version 4 is fully compatible with the new df, and contains TONS more than the previous version. Test it out and tell me!

- I have still to do new minerals! But i wanted to release something for you guys, as if i dont release anything it will never feel perfect enough to release! If you see my meaning.

Enjoy, and report anything weird here!

i need encouragement with this if im ever to get it more complete, specially when it comes to hammering out loads of new creatures and plants, materials etc, so any posts would be appreciated..

[ February 18, 2008: Message edited by: Deathbane ]

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2008, 11:22:00 pm »

This seems very interesting and somewhat fun.

In the errorlog:
Unrecognized Creature Token: LARGE_CHASM
Unrecognized Entity Token: PLAIN_SETTLEMENTS

The correct token is PLAINS_SETTLEMENTS (with an 'S').  I don't know about the other one.

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2008, 11:42:00 pm »

You should upload this to the File depot.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2008, 08:27:00 am »

As soon as that site decides to load for me i will!

Add a alternative link for megaupload haters for now, will add some more in a bit.

PLAIN_SETTLEMENTS, a great example of my slapdash typing! They are obsolete tags anyway, i should start to remove them from the entity files!

And i think support for [LARGE_CHASM] was dropped, or ive typed it wrong, ill look into it. Thanks!

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 02:19:00 pm »

May want to look at your giant magma spiders, one just fell over and burned to death for no reason.
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Furious Fish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2008, 03:22:00 am »

By the way, why not just call a spade a spade and call this "Warhammer mod" . . ?
Slave to Hogfroth - God of Muck

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2008, 10:07:00 am »

Heyya, just for the fun of it I made some vampire graphics. They're edited Ricks humans and an elf or two. Look pretty good in game.
http://rapidshare.de/files/38635564/graphics_vampire.zip.html

:D

[ February 21, 2008: Message edited by: Fleeb ]

"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2008, 12:00:00 pm »

After a rather interesting entity mix-up in one of my previous modding projects, I was tasked by a mayor of some mountain hall (I'm amazed I actually found her) to go and kill her god.  

Somehow, her god was a cave crocodile, even though they didn't have the [POWER] tag.  Immediately after sending me off, she told me to put my faith in that god.  Bit strange.

Yes, that was a very interesting mix-up.  Boiling leather, forest communes full of thong-wearing goblins, and lots of male women.  That was indeed an interesting mistake.

Word for the wise:  don't duplicate creature names and then point an entity at one.  It annihilates all rationality.

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Deathbane:
<STRONG>As soon as that site decides to load for me i will!</STRONG>

What problem are you having? I haven't seen any downtime with it so far myself, but if there's something I can address (a specific error for instance), I can see about fixing it.
So as not to clutter your mod thread up, feel free to send me a PM about it instead if you like.
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5