Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creature corpse -> another creature?  (Read 609 times)

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
Creature corpse -> another creature?
« on: November 29, 2007, 06:40:00 pm »

Is it possible to use the ITEMCORPSE tag in a creature to drop another living creature? I had the idea that this could be used for multi-part boss-esque monsters, that just when you think you've killed them, shed their former husk to be a new more powerful thing, or a demon-possessed villager or creature that, when defeated, spawns the "original" benign creature.

Goes without saying I don't expect things as fancy as, say, lopped off limbs translating to the "dropped creature" or decapitations killing both. Heck, it worked for Xinchub...

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creature corpse -> another creature?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 06:48:00 pm »

There was a similar thread before. I have never attempted myself, so I couldn't tell you.  :)

[ November 29, 2007: Message edited by: Wiles ]

InquisitiveIdiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creature corpse -> another creature?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 07:02:00 pm »

I don't think so, I'm afraid.  A more general solution, if you won't mind a bit of modification to your suggestion, would be to have units spawnable as items, or at least placeholder items that can "hatch" into new units.