Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Armok vs. the Eye-Rollers Mod  (Read 8353 times)

MyBeardIsOnFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armok vs. the Eye-Rollers Mod
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2008, 05:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>Just so peaple know, this mod is miserably mediocre and armatureish and I don't want to be associated whit it in any way.

Please do not use my name or or anything related to me in this irresponsible insult to the normally wonderful game that is DF.</STRONG>

:roll:
Just so people know, I think this mod isn't coming along fast enough. Are the civs done? Let's just put some finishing touches, maybe test it once, and play an Armok vs eyerollers game already!

P.S. Don't forget to make Armok (or his avatar, however you name him) the only megabeast and remove the goblins. Goblins can and will replace other "siegers" - including the followers - and other megabeasts decrease the chance of having an Armok attack.

Edit: Meh. I see it ended as quickly as it started. :/rolleyes:
But maybe it's a good practice to finish what you've started.

[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: MyBeardIsOnFire ]

[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: MyBeardIsOnFire ]

iantspider stands before you!
Giantspider...killed Yourlast Adventurer
Giantspider...killed Yo Momma

Fenrir

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2008, 05:46:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MyBeardIsOnFire:
<STRONG>

:roll:
Just so people know, I think this mod isn't coming along fast enough. Are the civs done? Let's just put some finishing touches, maybe test it once, and play an Armok vs eyerollers game already!

P.S. Don't forget to make Armok (or his avatar, however you name him) the only megabeast and remove the goblins. Goblins can and will replace other "siegers" - including the followers - and other megabeasts decrease the chance of having an Armok attack.</STRONG>

Really? We have supporters? Maybe we should complete this mod.

I'm either indecisive, gullible, or both. Impending Doom says we should make this mod (or at least agrees with me), and I start making it. Armok says stop, and I stop. MyBeardIsOnFire says continue, and I do!

Well we've already come too far to quit now! Imp, I hate to do this to you buddy, but this mod is once again being developed. I wouldn't blame you if you quit.

EDIT:
I'll get to work on those boomsticks. We'll have to make all the glass armor and weapons at the smelter until we can mod other workshops, so I'll start work on the reactions. If you want I'll add those Mudcrabs that were suggested just for the hell of it.

[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Fenrir

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2008, 06:30:00 pm »

Making the dwarven fire metal material and reaction:
code:

[MATGLOSS_METAL:FIRE_METAL]
[NAME:fire metal][ADJ:fire metal][COLOR:0:4:1]
[VALUE:100]
[SPEC_HEAT:450]
[AMMO]
[DAMAGE_PERC:200]
[BLOCK_PERC:100]

[REACTION:MAKE_FIRE_METAL]
[NAME:make fire metal]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:SALTPETER]
[REAGENT:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:BRIMSTONE]
[REAGENT:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON]
[PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:FIRE_METAL]
[FUEL]

The bullets:

code:

[ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_SHOT]
[NAME:shot:shot]
[CLASS:BULLET]
[DAMAGE:150:PIERCE]

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2008, 07:15:00 pm »

Fenrir, I never said this was a bad idea, and if you're willing to continue, then of course I'll help.   :)

EDIT: Just wondering, should I go ahead with the War Golems for the Cultists, or is that a bit too much?

[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2008, 07:21:00 pm »

I wanna see this finished too.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2008, 07:23:00 pm »

Glad to hear it!  :)
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Fenrir

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2008, 07:25:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Impending Doom:
<STRONG>Fenrir, I never said this was a bad idea...</STRONG>

Never said you did!

quote:
<STRONG>EDIT: Just wondering, should I go ahead with the War Golems for the Cultists, or is that a bit too much?</STRONG>

Ha! Go ahead! Why in the hell not?!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2008, 07:29:00 pm »

I don't think you can "make" a creature quite yet.  The closest would be vermin, so if you want to turn a corpse into a breeding ground for worms, be my guest.

Maybe make it so that it's a special vermin with an interesting extract.  Can you extract metals from something?  If you could, then you could make a really powerful item out of wormspit.

Golems are gonna have to wait, unless you want to breed them, or just have them be miniature golems that raid the food stores.  Wind-up golems.

However, you could get the smelter to make a bar of "death metal" from a corpse.  You could use that death metal to make a powerful weapon, like a guitar.

You strum a chord at the eye-roller in the left eye with your +Death Metal Guitar+!  

It has been torn out!

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2008, 07:36:00 pm »

That was great.

METAL FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!

Too bad abourt the golems. So what other living siege engines could we use?

Fenrir

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2008, 07:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>I don't think you can "make" a creature quite yet.</STRONG>

He didn't seem too sure about that. No offence, Kagus, but I'd like to get a second opinion before abandoning the golem idea, unless you really are certain.

About the guitars, I don't think that has anything to do with Armok, it doesn't involve blood.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2008, 07:54:00 pm »

quote:
I'd like to get a second opinion before abandoning the golem idea

I'll test the idea. I read a post somewhere about someone smelting things into cows, so I think it should work.

EDIT: Okay, tried smelting dogs from rocks, and it didn't work, so I assume making golems is out.

[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Fenrir

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2008, 08:20:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>

I'll test the idea. I read a post somewhere about someone smelting things into cows, so I think it should work.

EDIT: Okay, tried smelting dogs from rocks, and it didn't work, so I assume making golems is out.

[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]</STRONG>

Alright, so what else should we give them? It's got to have something to do with blood or death.

You should give the cultists the [NOFEAR] and [RECKLESS] (if they don't fight, Armok will do worse to them than the enemy would) tag and remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from the eye-rollers (there are more people rolling their eyes in that thread than people defending Armok).

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2008, 08:25:00 pm »

quote:
You should give the cultists the [NOFEAR] and [RECKLESS] (if they don't fight, Armok will do worse to them than the enemy would) tag and remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from the eye-rollers (there are more people rolling their eyes in that thread than people defending Armok).

Sounds good, I'll do it. So now you won't have to worry about your Armok Cultists getting spooked by that carp 15 z-levels down.

Fenrir

« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2008, 08:39:00 pm »

Oh, and make the cultists more anti-social and whatnot.
EDIT:
And make them evil.

Fenrir

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2008, 09:20:00 pm »

Holy carp! If you thought crossbows we're overpowered, you ought to see the boomsticks in action! One shot tears off limbs. I'm hoping the rarity of saltpeter and brimstone will balance things. One bar of fire metal costs 500☼ and makes 25 shot.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7