Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Armok vs. the Eye-Rollers Mod  (Read 8347 times)

Fenrir

Re: Armok vs. the Eye-Rollers Mod
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 08:16:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Impending Doom:
<STRONG>Give the boomsticks GORE damage. if only for the "explodes into gore" messages.</STRONG>

It is done.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 08:23:00 pm »

I'd jump in if I had any modding skill.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 08:27:00 pm »

The "boomsticks" good man, the "boomsticks"! :)

This could get confusing...

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Fenrir

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 08:28:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>The "boomsticks" good man, the "boomsticks"!    :)

This could get confusing...</STRONG>

The bullets or the weapon itself?

EDIT:

code:

[ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:GRASP:eye-roll:eye-rolls:1:2:BLUDGEON][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
                     ↑

Uh, does that mean we roll our eyes with a free grasp, in our case, hands?!

[ January 05, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 08:31:00 pm »

quote:
The bullets or the weapon itself?  

Oh, the damage is dependant on the ammo?

Ok, the ammo, then.

Btw, how does an all-seeing eye sound as an eye-roller ranged weapon?

EDIT: Oops, I guess I should change that.

Or maybe they should only eye-roll you when unarmed, in which case we should leave it be. What do you think?

[ January 05, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Fenrir

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 08:39:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>

Oh, the damage is dependant on the ammo?
</STRONG>

The [DAMAGE:amount:type] tag you see in the weapon's definition is the type and amount of damage when you run up and whack the enemy with it. When it's fired, the type and amount of damage the projectile does is determined by the [DAMAGE:amount:type] tag in the ammo definition.
quote:

<STRONG>Btw, how does an all-seeing eye sound as an eye-roller ranged weapon?</STRONG>

Sounds more like a pet to me. What sort of ammo would it fire? We don't have to make a unique weapon for the Eye-rollers, they could just use crossbows.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 08:45:00 pm »

quote:
We don't have to make a unique weapon for the Eye-rollers, they could just use crossbows.  

Sounds fine, I guess. Maybe we could make their crossbows fire eyes instead of bolts. The all-seeing eye seems like an interesting idea for a war animal, perhaps...

Btw, how do I go about allowing the eye-rollers to eye-roll you with their actual eyes?

Fenrir

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 08:45:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>Or maybe they should only eye-roll you when unarmed, in which case we should leave it be. What do you think?</STRONG>

Won't they use their weapon instead of their natural attacks anyway? Either way, I don't think it matters. They are Eye-rollers, after all.
If they lost both hands they should still be able to roll their eyes. Can you make the attack require an eye?

AGAIN I EDIT:

My last solution was incorrect. SIGHT is a body type, and should go where BYTYPE is. REYE and LEYE are the exact IDs of their respective body parts, and belong after that, where BYTOKEN is.

code:

[ATTACK:MAIN:SIGHT:BYTOKEN:eye-roll:eye-rolls:1:2:BLUDGEON] Remove [ATTACKFLAG_WITH], they shouldn't use weapons with this.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 08:47:00 pm »

I'll give it a 'roll'   :D

It should work

Edit: I 'see'. I'll try that now.

[ January 05, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Fenrir

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2008, 09:01:00 pm »

Urgh, puns.

It would have worked the first way, with REYE and LEYE, but if we suddenly decided that we wanted the eye-rollers to have more eyes, we'd have to remove those and add give each eye an attack. I decided to make the attack depend on any body part with [SIGHT], but I put the word SIGHT in the wrong place. The solution I have in the above post now should work. Sorry for all the confusion.

EDIT:
As far as the boomsticks go, they're proving to be... problematic. If I want to have bullets (and I do), I need to define them as ammo. As such, they can be made out of any metal with the [AMMO] tag. That's not a problem for ammo that's made entirely out of one material, but if we want saltpeter → black powder + metal = bullet, that becomes a problem. We would be able to make bullets with the reaction I described or with metal, bone, or wood. That would be aleviated if we removed the [AMMO] tags from all the metals, but we'd still be able to make the bullets out of bone and wood. That also means no metal crossbow bolts for the eye-rollers, but that's not that big of an issue.

SIDE NOTE: Did you know that you can make items out of booze if you add the material token [PLANT_ALCOHOL]? At least, that's the only thing that I can imagine that would do.

Fenrir

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2008, 09:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Pandarsenic:
<STRONG>I'd jump in if I had any modding skill.</STRONG>

Oh, didn't notice your post. At least we're not the only ones crazy enough to want to do this. We'll start a community fortress when this is all finished.

EDIT:
It would seem that weapons cannot be made from glass. I'll com up with something else later. For now, we'll have to do with metal magnifying glasses.
I can't get glasses to use glass, either. This sucks.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2008, 02:36:00 am »

If glass dosen't work, try gemstones. they would have more focusing power, anyway.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2008, 03:24:00 am »

If booze items explode, then by all means make a booze rocket!

Also, the cultist's pray attack says BYTYPE:BURN...smite:1:2:BLUDGEON.  This means, the cultists attacks with his BURN body parts (which don't exist, unless you added a burning brain stem), in order to cause blunt damage.  

I'd suggest changing it to either MOUTH or THOUGHT types, and switching the damage to burn.  Also, you may want to consider heat-ray goggles for the eye-rollers to use as a burning weapon.

As for multiple-component ammo, just lump the components into processes that refine them into a single material (instant bullets, just add water) and then make the ammunition out of that new material.  I'm ot sure how it would work, but it seems rational.

Manicmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2008, 06:16:00 am »

Eye rollers should get puppets with googly eyes like cookie monster. uber eyerollage
JESUS CHRIST ITS A SKELK!!! GET IN THE WAGON!!!<BR>Originally posted by penguinofhonor:<P>It''s true what someone once said, "The only things more insane than the dwarves are the players."
Anticheese: The undead don't kill. They recruit
Momaw: Ennui is a pointless word.  By the time you're feeling it, you don't care what it's called

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2008, 06:58:00 am »

Eyerollers pet

The Endcat will end you and everything you love.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7