Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Living Corpses  (Read 704 times)

Fenrir

Living Corpses
« on: December 16, 2007, 06:18:00 pm »

I think this question has been asked before, but I don't remember the answer. Is it possible to make creatures that leave other creatures when they die?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Living Corpses
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 07:22:00 pm »

No.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 10:38:00 pm »

Too bad.
Zombies would be awesome.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 02:26:00 pm »

What about using a creature's corpse as an "ingredient" at a workshop, for use in the process of creating a zombie version of that creature?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 02:44:00 pm »

that would imply you can creature creatures at workshops...

oh that would be awesome

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 04:16:00 pm »

Actually it is probobly TECHNICALLY possible to spawn a creature, it is limited to a  object form whiteout AI that naturally only occurs in certain vermin, in another technical view these are not creatures at all but objects defined from creature raws, I think this at least, this might be what Toady refers to as "vermin events".

This is however not useful for zombies or in any other obvious way, it's most likely a but and this post serves only to confuse you.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 05:55:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>that would imply you can creature creatures at workshops...

oh that would be awesome</STRONG>

Third post down.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 05:57:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Fenrir:
<STRONG>I think this question has been asked before, but I don't remember the answer. Is it possible to make creatures that leave other creatures when they die?</STRONG>

Yeah, I asked that question before; it would be cool to have a demonically possessed dwarf/human/elf that dropped a live version when you "exorcised" it.

Or headcrab zombies that drop their headcrabs sometimes on death.

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.