Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: [38c]Minerals mod v1.76, Alchemy, Infusion, and Stone Se  (Read 15691 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: [38c]Minerals mod v1.76, Alchemy, Infusion, and Stone Se
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2008, 01:54:00 pm »

Okey-dokey...  So far, things have been working relatively smoothly, although there are a few interesting hiccups.

There was a guard in a human town who did not have any armor or weapons.  I doubt he was retired, but he didn't get much chance to explain himself before I ripped him apart with a fish-hook.  Speaking of which, what exactly *is* a fish-hook?  I mean, aside from an actual fishing hook.

Dark outcasts can, due to their webbing immunity, walk over and pick up the thick webbing of giant...  I think it's the red-back spiders that live outside, correct?  Anyways, I was throwing a few of those at an alligator.  It's actually kinda fun, but I just thought you should know.  If dark outcasts actually had anyone they could sell stuff to, they'd have a resource that no other race could access.

Ribs are getting pierced and cut and ripped.  I don't know what, if anything, could help prevent that.   It's fun to hit someone's heart, left lung, and 4th right rib in one strike.

The errorlog gives back this:
Unrecognized Material Token: NO_MATGLOSS

And that's all I've found so far.  I've been playing adventure mode almost exclusively, I don't have the time required to devote to a fortress for testing.  Also, have you considered adding the joint tag to fingers?  Being able to individually lock and break each individual finger could be interesting.  

Magic chests all have the "stern appearance" prefstring.  Not sure if that's intended.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2008, 02:27:00 pm »

I couldn't really think of anything else than "stern appearance" of the golems for the chests.

A fishhook is, uh... damn. We russians call it "bagor", and it's a weapon I infrequently use in Blade of Darkness as an amazon. It's a polearm that more or less resembles a longspear with a large hook attached below the head, pointing back. It's generally used for "fishing" something out of the water.

NO_MATGLOSS errors are because of the hardened bone mass. It's normal, the error is made on purpose. I'll have to find some way to keep that reaction that doesn't spam the log.

The unarmed guards are a side effect of knives being added to the civ weapon lists. The game doesn't know how to spawn people armed with knives. Bear that in mind when choosing start skills if you're not human or don't plan to steal a knife from a shop.

There's no way to stop the "cut" and "torn" messages for the ribs. I've added SKELETON, and that's the most I can do.

Dark outcasts were originally able to sh!t and spew the webs as well, but that seemed to contribute to instability, so I took it out. You can't start a fort with dark outcasts anyway, and if you play a dark outcast adventurer, you have a lot more at your disposal than that, like an army of drunks... (wth, why are ALL site inhabitants condensed outside like that? aren't they supposed to be in the cave?)

And, no crashes? That's good to hear.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2008, 10:08:00 pm »

Damn, it would appear that I've posted in the wrong thread...  Most of the stuff I'm talking about is from the Martial Arts+ section of the mod.  Speaking of which, why don't you just combine the two and get it over with?

Oh, and are you talking about a gaff?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2008, 12:35:00 am »

No, that one's just a hook on a pole. A bagor is a spear, a pole with a sharp spike on the end, but also with a large hook similar to that gaff attached at the base of the spike.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2008, 12:52:00 am »

It's not like this: http://www.tintaghel.org/arms/img/p214.jpg  is it?  I can't read what it says at the bottom, so I can't tell if it says "this is not a bagor" or not.

I think I might know what you're talking about, but I can't remember what the heck that thing's called, so it's difficult to find pictures for it...   This was the closest I got.

In other news, Google also turned this up when I was doing the search that yielded the picture of that weapon up above.

Baney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.efrgames.com
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2008, 03:46:00 am »

ARe you talking about the Bill? It is a Halberd Variety, a short stubbed blade with a hook, on the end of a Polearm.
http://  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_(weapon)

or Maybe the Weapon Guisarme

A guisarme (sometimes gisarme or bisarme) was a pole weapon used in Europe primarily between 1000–1400. It was used primarily to dismount knights and horsemen. Like most polearms it was developed by peasants by combining hand tools with long poles: in this case by putting a pruning hook onto a spear shaft. While hooks are fine for dismounting horsemen from mounts, they lack the stopping power of a spear especially when dealing with static opponents. While early designs were simply a hook on the end of a long pole, later designs implemented a small reverse spike on the back of the blade. Eventually weapon makers incorporated the usefulness of the hook in a variety of different polearms and guisarme became a catch-all for any weapon that included a hook on the blade.

http:// en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_weapon

[ May 16, 2008: Message edited by: Baney ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2008, 04:49:00 am »

The picture I posted is of a guisarme.  Well, the first one, anyways.  The second one is a giant bear spider.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2008, 06:25:00 am »

This time my memory has failed me.

It's not a fish-hook, it's a boathook. It's all greek to me ruskie.  :)

I'll change it next time. For now keep wielding vicious fish-hooks.  :)

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2008, 06:09:00 pm »

I installed this mod and it completely destroyed my game. I can't use most stones to make things that I could before, I bring bauxite with me always and now I can't use it for ANYTHING. I backed it up beforehand, but when I replaced the mod data with the backup data NONE of the stuff changed in game, and I couldn't start up my forts that were made when this mod was active. I even did world gen, and still not working.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2008, 06:18:00 pm »

Did you delete the contents of data/objects? DF stores its cache there, so even if you replace the raws, it'll still use the stuff there.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2008, 12:18:00 am »

Yeah, I deleted it.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2008, 01:42:00 am »

You cannot use stones? Is that the problem? How about turning off the manual stone selection thing? You won't be able to use any stone other than the initial layer stone you embark onto, until you manually enable it, as long as that is active. Specifically the bauxite you bring will not be available until otherwise specified.

When you replaced backed up data, you might have forgotten that the mod adds new files, so if you just copy over, the new reactions that make this work remain.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2008, 10:19:00 am »

Manual stone selection???

No, I deleted everything in the folder first then put in the old files.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2008, 10:30:00 am »

In which folder?
Did you empty the data/OBJECTS as Dasleah already asked?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2008, 10:34:00 am »

For it to work properly, you need to:

Delete all files in both RAW/OBJECTS and DATA/OBJECTS.
Re-copy original files into RAW/objects.
Savegames store reaction information in them, so delete all savegames as well.
Start a new world. It should be clean now.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9