Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: [38c]Minerals mod v1.76, Alchemy, Infusion, and Stone Se  (Read 15692 times)

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
Re: [38c]Minerals mod v1.76, Alchemy, Infusion, and Stone Se
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2008, 11:22:00 am »

I didn't put anything in the data/object when installing it, I didn't see it on the installation section on the first page. Maybe THAT is where the problem lies... Thanks
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »

I can't say I fully understood your problem though. The initial "problem" seems to have been the mod's feature - selectable stone. You said that after you have completely deleted the RAW objects, and DATA objects, and generated a new world, you still had its effects. Which is supposed to be plain impossible unless you started a save made before you removed the mod.

If you want the mod to work properly, you can just get the current Mod Base pack, place it in a clean DF install, and use its interface to set up the mod. It also allows you to remove the mod as needed. It's pretty easy to use, but does little respect for other mods.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2008, 01:26:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Joseph Miles:
<STRONG>I didn't put anything in the data/object when installing it, I didn't see it on the installation section on the first page. Maybe THAT is where the problem lies... Thanks</STRONG>

I think we just have a man here who doesn't understand how the mod-raw system works.

The data/objects folder is a folder which holds compiled txt files from raw/objects folder because game can't read directly from txt files.
If you change/put anything into the raw/objects folder the game compiles it during the first run after changes so if you just remove it from raws the compiled file stays as cache and is used until you manually remove it from data/objects folder.

You can safely remove all contents from data/objects, the game will just recompile the raws and make new files there. And it's the best way to be sure that the installation is clean now.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2008, 12:57:00 am »

I don't know if this has been reported before, but I have noticed that I can't dig downward stairs in the magnetite sand floor. Sorry if this is old news to you, I just thought that I might be able to help.

edit] Sorry my bad. The problem was that the magnetite sand 'stone' was obscuring my view of the downward stairs designation. It looks the same as the normal black sand, which kind of confused me. Maybe it should be a lighter/darker shade of gray.

[ June 04, 2008: Message edited by: A_Fey_Dwarf ]

[ June 04, 2008: Message edited by: A_Fey_Dwarf ]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2008, 02:05:00 am »

I was considering just using the "ore" symbol, but then decided that the wavy form was better. I might try something else in the future. And it's not possible to have an even darker shade of grey, and a lighter shade would disrupt the continuity of normal black sand and this "stone".

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Pitchblack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2008, 11:23:00 pm »

Thanks for the mod, it looks good. I only downloaded it for the manual stone selection but I may try the new materials and stuff in another world.

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2008, 03:40:39 pm »

Does this mod decrease the frequency of gold??? I am having a REALLY hard time finding gold now.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2008, 10:06:04 pm »

Among other things.

I didn't think you were supposed to find freely available gold anywhere you wanted, so I changed its placement rules a bit. I did pretty much the same with most of everything else.

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2008, 11:23:34 pm »

Darn it! Would I go to the original matgloss files or the new matgloss files to change that? Edit: Actually, since I am using 'ModBase' which file do I disable to make it so that gold frequency, as well as the rest, is normal?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:10:36 am by magikarcher »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2008, 04:48:18 am »

I guess you'll have to turn off the entire mod for that.

You can go into the Modbase folder, then in the dfmod_sean_mirrsen file, replace

[MSECT:Main metals and minerals:MAIN][FILE:matgloss_minmod_main]

with

[MSECT:Main metals and minerals][FILE:matgloss_minmod_main]

This will allow disabling "Main metals and minerals" without turning off the entire mod in Modbase. I suppose it won't hurt much, but I think I made it that way for a reason.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2008, 06:43:26 am »

or you can just modifie that only aspect of the mod ... you can edit it throuw madBase you just need to find something that describse golds apparance ... but in that i cant help you ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2008, 12:56:28 am »

Thank you, I will try that now.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2008, 01:01:39 am »

But... my fort has absolutely retarded amounts of gold...
And less copper than I want. As in none.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2008, 01:42:10 am »

It's all in layers and placement. You won't find native gold "almost everywhere" as you did before the mod, but it still exists in large quantities in specific places.

That was done by slightly reducing the chance of its appearance, so that for any chosen layer, it may or may not appear depending on the other stones. It adds more random to the mix.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 01:45:12 am by Sean Mirrsen »

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2008, 12:33:32 pm »

Getting an inobtanite king was certainly a unique experience.

Dig out a single unit of a rare mineral, just a couple z-levels down from the surface. And suddenly the 30 dwarf fort houses the king. :o
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9