Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Feature questions  (Read 3421 times)

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Re: Feature questions
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2008, 05:43:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by bartavelle:
<STRONG>Thanks for reporting this, i wish somebody would report a fell mood!</STRONG>

I haven't experienced a fell mood, as I keep my dwarves too happy... but from the routine at 6F5840 in .33g, we learn this: creature.word_1F8 a.k.a creature.strange_mood can have these values:
-1 normal
0 "Has the aspect of one fey!"
1 "Peculiarly secretive..."
2 "Possessed by unknown forces!"
3 "Brooding darkly..."
4 "Has a horrible fell look!"
5 "Stricken by melancholy..."
6 "Running around babbling!" / "Crawling around babbling!"
7 "In a berserk rage!"
8 ? appears to be treated like -1
9 "Staring off into space..."

Is that helpful?

Edit: in addition, case 4 fell puts a word constant of 3Ch in offset +8 of some variable.  Could that be material?  Case 3 brooding uses a constant 3Bh.  All other moods don't use these two constants.  They use 37h..3Ah and 3Dh..43h.

[ January 12, 2008: Message edited by: 0x517A5D ]

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2008, 03:51:00 am »

AFAIK, mood work like this:
* Mood type is a short at offset 0x1f8, just as described (babies have mood 8!)
* Material requested/types are stored in four short vectors at 0x2bc, 0x2cc, 0x2dc, 0x2ec
* The skill that will be advanced is at 0x2fc (short)
* The created artifact name is stored like the dwarf name (first name string, nickname string, lastname offsets in the lang file) at 0x3b4, and the flags at 0xe4 |= 8

Some details about where the 0x3c and 0x3b constants are put would be interesting, as for me 0x3c is the material designation for clothes, and thus doesn't match any of my findings!

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2008, 04:09:00 am »

And you can alter the artifact name here, but it will only affect the "creator of xxxx" sentence, and not the real artifact name!

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2008, 04:38:00 am »

Just found this thread, having some trouble actually getting Companion to work but a friend of mine is going to help me take care of that this friday.

So, if you butcher a dwarf would something like this happen? "Urist has been happy lately. She has eaten a good meal recently. She has eaten her friend recently. She has lost a friend recently." I'd love to see that  :D

Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.
Pages: 1 2 [3]