Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mega... CRAFT MOD‽‽‽  (Read 1138 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Mega... CRAFT MOD‽‽‽
« on: December 15, 2007, 01:09:00 am »

I was looking thrugh the raws to see if I could make a Mega Toy Mod inspired Mega Crafts Mod, But I don;t see a file for crafts. Is it possible to add our own? Will  the game read a itemgloss file that describes crafts? It almost seems to me that there may be some way to add to the list of crafts, but it is also possible that they are still hard-coded. Anyone know for sure? To be clear, I mean add new categories of crafts. If that is impossible, perhaps adding the tags for existing crafts to different items will work. Also, any ideas for new Crafts I should add? Here's the list of ideas I have so far:

beard bead
bowl
bracket
button
calender
chisel
decorative box
desk bin
dish
eyeglass
false coin
false eye
false finger
false gemstone
false hand
false nose
false toe
false tongue
false tooth
fish hook
fishing pole
fork
globe
hair piece
hinge
hitch
ink bottle
jar
jug
knife
knob
ladle
latch
paperweight
pen
pen holder
plate
pot
rolling pin
saw
scratching stick
smoking pipe
sparkstone
spoon
tea cup
tea pot
toothbrush
toothed spoon
whistle
writing slate

some of these would be "mugs" instead of "crafts"

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Mega... CRAFT MOD‽‽‽
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 01:29:00 am »

Far as I can tell from the raws, you can only add in instruments and toys, not crafts (such as amulets and bracelets) but that should be good enough, right?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Zurai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 03:54:00 pm »

Adding too many crafts would be a bad idea anyway. Unlike toys or instruments, nobles can mandate specific crafts. In other words, you can get mandates or demands for "gold idol", whereas instruments/toys are at worst "gold instrument/toy". If you had 500 different crafts, any specific craft mandate would be an almost guaranteed death sentence for a random craftsdwarf.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 04:20:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Zurai:
<STRONG>Adding too many crafts would be a bad idea anyway. Unlike toys or instruments, nobles can mandate specific crafts. In other words, you can get mandates or demands for "gold idol", whereas instruments/toys are at worst "gold instrument/toy". If you had 500 different crafts, any specific craft mandate would be an almost guaranteed death sentence for a random craftsdwarf.</STRONG>

Not unless the noble decides to take a really hot shower.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 04:41:00 pm »

quote:
Unlike toys or instruments, nobles can mandate specific crafts.

Hmmm, might be the reason why they're hardcoded.

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 11:53:00 am »

I have added some items to the toy mod because of this like hairbrush etc.

Some of those suggestions are in the toy mod already and if you repost  your list their after taking out the dup'es ill add em too>.

[ December 17, 2007: Message edited by: berent ]

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!