Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Start trek and Smurfs my next great mod....  (Read 2145 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Start trek and Smurfs my next great mod....
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 08:58:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Wooty:
<STRONG>Bah, don't listen to Armok. Im sure he'd have you do "something that balanced and worth something ,and a useful blah blah blah run on scentence, no periods absolutely no indentation, is this messing with your brain yet, and no I refuse to use a period, why don't you make me I don't see why I need to use punctuation, and you should really..." without actually suggesting anything all day long.

I would love to take an adventurer to a smurf fortress, and once the army arc comes in (and the 394 subsquent army bugs are fixed) I would love to take 20 dwarves and pit them against 500 smurfs... And laugh when the dwarves win.

And despite the nerdiness associated with star trek, the terrible episodes in some of the series, and the horrible new "star trek" shows they've done recently... Some of it was very good. All good mods are based off something, the more you can stick to it the better. Teldins Underdark mod was going to be based on nothing but what had already been thought up. Prehistoric mod? Same deal. Teldins general mod 2? Ditto. Rome fortress? Ditto.

All good mods are based on something already done. A star trek mod would be just as good as any other mod that involves new creatures/items. Adding [Prefstring:FART] is not what he's doing.

Tell us Armok, what should he mod? Be specific, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, USE AT LEAST ONE PERIOD FOR EVERY 20 WORDS!

[ December 14, 2007: Message edited by: Wooty ]</STRONG>

Okay. If. I. suggested. something. specific. it. wouldn't. be. his. idea. and. what. I. say. is. that. he. should. come. up. whit. something. on. his. own.
If. you. want. an. example. idea. maybe: a. warlike. civilization. of. landwalking. trilobites. whit. their. own. language. equipment. and. so. on.

But. you. should. really. come. up. whit. an. idea. of. your. own. because. that one. while. fairly. creative. was. silly. on. purpose.

About. those. mods. you. mentioned. for. exactly. that. reason. I. don't. think. any. of. them. are. so. great. for. exactly. that. reason.
Except. the. Prehistoric mod. because. it. is. based. on. REAL. WORLD. prehistoric. creatures. and. not. on. someones. else's. work.
The. only. REALLY. great. mod. yet. is. my. hornets.

And. you. asked. for. the. punctuation. it. annoys. me. to.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Lord_Daeloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 09:23:00 am »

Hmmm... Isn't modding about doing something that you think is fun?  I think it'd be great and hilarious.  Sorry we can't all make "SUPER FABULOUS HORNET MOD!!!!!" How can you say the only really great mod is your own?  That is really a matter of opinion there buddy.  I get it, so to make a good mod, all we have to do is super-size some random creature and give it a language.  Now, in my opinion, that's silly.  But, then again, its my opinion, and I'm sure that your's is more valid than mine.  Now I'm flaming, and I hate myself for it... Bah...

Anyhow, YES, even if we can't have all the Trek stuff, it'd at least be good for a few laughs.  Especially if you made up some sweet graphics tiles, heh.  And you could probably fake some stuff for phasers and what-not.  Now I want to have my dwarves build a giant stone Enterprise... *strange mood*

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: Lord_Daeloth ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 02:50:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>
The. only. REALLY. great. mod. yet. is. my. hornets.

And. you. asked. for. the. punctuation. it. annoys. me. to.</STRONG>

You're a fucking moron. I have nothing else to say to you, just stop being an egotistic jackass and let people do what they want.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 03:07:00 pm »

Sorry.  :( *looks guilty*

I'm not really my self today, I can totally agree that I'm an egotistic jackass.  :(
I'm still no "fucking moron".

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

haftan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 02:16:00 am »

I dont mean to bump a "fakepost" or reopen old wounds or hurt pride but this is about a sci fi mod idea. Star trekkie, I posted before about a mod idea where the dwarves are colonizing planets. Biomes could be varied, from magma, to ice blocks being more common or very mars like plain landscapes. No trees of course but there could be wierd animal life or plant life. Spacey minerals can be modded in. If the atmosphere could be modded to have negative effects as if its smoky and alcohol can be called "oxygen" so there is a dependance to replenish your stocks or die. Could need other gases too. Traders can "warp" to the depot from space without needing to traverse across the map. And when armies are put in you can warp out soldiers and space ships. Projectile weapons arent hard to mod or call "phasors". The hard thing that I would like to see would be space or land craft construction done as if building a building. where you can choose a *engine* + -thruster- + cockpit + *steel sheet* + circuit board = a simple craft. and you can add thrusters or wheels or more engines or how ever many of anything if you want as backups, but it will effect how fast it goes or how much fuel it needs. And it would be powered by either raw or refined ore. And same as weapons, = rifle + *circuit* = better rifle. Moddable magic. comprende?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 11:41:00 am »

I think of a Dwarf Fortress and Noctis crossbreed.......

For one, cats would be a bit more respected.

Also, the worldgen would be renamed to "universegen".

And dwarves would colonize galaxies and dig tunnels through planets.

More on topic (though I do consider the Trek mod to have no future at this point), I will try some basic work on a Dwarph Phortress mod, like modding in PS2 and PS4 creatures, maybe races too. Weapons and materials will be hard, but for now we could just focus on creatures.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 11:25:13 pm »

So I am waiting patiently for the right time to release my star trek mod,  unfortunately I lost the smurf mod when i reformatted my hard drive.   Anyways does anyone have a copy of the smurf mod lying around?????
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 11:44:56 pm »

Looking back on it, I should have been nicer to Armok.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 04:29:51 am »

Yeah, Torak, you're too rough. There's no need to call someone a jackass and moron :P. Well yes, we're tantrum-immune and all. but let's don't start Awful things here too.

As far as I can tell my Fallout mod can simulate a lot of futuristic things so if you approach to the process with dedication and creativity you can make a lot of nice things. The only thing you shouldn't do is to totally base your mod on someone's opinion. Community help to widen the features range is great but the "axle" should be yours.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 [2]