Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Wild wagons?  (Read 5398 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: Wild wagons?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 09:26:00 pm »

quote:
Forget Human Fortress, play Wagon Fortress!  

Yes, that would be great! Sentient steamtanks guarding your fortress?

And I have tried it. They've wiped out one of my fortresses, plus TWO reclaim parties at the same location.

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 09:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Impending Doom:
<STRONG>

Yes, that would be great! Sentient steamtanks guarding your fortress?

And I have tried it. They've wiped out one of my fortresses, plus TWO reclaim parties at the same location.</STRONG>

ROTFL

Now I have to try this.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 10:42:00 pm »

Does my creature work?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 10:47:00 pm »

They worked, but they didn't move. It just took a small amount of tweaking, though.

Edit: Perhaps this could explain their impossible sapience? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreadnought_%28Warhammer_40%2C000%29

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 10:49:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>They worked, but they didn't move. It just took a small amount of tweaking, though.</STRONG>

What needed changing? I wasn't sure whether or not the Bodytype of wagon was complete for animal use.

quote:
<STRONG>Edit: Perhaps this could explain their impossible sapience? nullhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreadnought_%28Warhammer_40%2C000%29</STRONG>

I added that little bit in for kicks, wasnt sure if people would get it or not.

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: Torak ]

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 10:53:00 pm »

quote:
 added that little bit in for kicks, wasnt sure if people would get it or not.

I got the joke, I just thought it sounded like an interesting explanation.

quote:
What needed changing? I wasn't sure whether or not the Bodytype of wagon was complete for animal use.

My bad. I just edited the existing wagon based on what you posted, and I must have missed something. Copied and pasted yours, and it worked fine.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 11:00:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>I got the joke, I just thought it sounded like an interesting explanation.</STRONG>

Now I feel the urge to start playing Warhammer again. The nostalgia I felt from reading the bit on Venerables is too much to ignore.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 11:11:00 pm »

quote:
Now I feel the urge to start playing Warhammer again.

Another successful convert to the Imperium!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 05:51:00 pm »

Wait?!?  :D

And I that thought this was completely ridiculous because it would OBVIOUSLY not work.  :roll:

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 05:53:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>Wait?!?   :D

And I that thought this was completely ridiculous because it would OBVIOUSLY not work.   :roll:</STRONG>

The wagons do what they do on their own, all I needed to do was add some basic pet tags and an attack.

Balsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 06:39:00 pm »

I'm speaking for the Salty Council of Shafts. Feastmines is a half days travel to the west from here. Mirroredflowers the wagon is there. Kill him.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 08:59:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Balsis:
<STRONG>I'm speaking for the Salty Council of Shafts. Feastmines is a half days travel to the west from here. Mirroredflowers the wagon is there. Kill him.</STRONG>

Him?

Stij

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 09:00:00 pm »

Heh, reminds me of the Luggage from Discworld.   :D

Fenrir

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 10:20:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>
code:

[CREATURE:War_Wagon]
       [NAME:War wagon:War wagons:War wagon]
       [TILE:'W'][COLOR:6:0:0]
       [PETVALUE:400]
       [PREFSTRING:impossible sentiencity]
       [COMMON_DOMESTIC][TRAINABLE][PET]
       [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
       [LARGE_ROAMING]
       [HAS_RACEGLOSS:WOOD]
       [ITEMCORPSE:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:WOOD:USE_RACEGLOSS]   [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:WHEEL:run over:ran over:1:6:GORE]
       [NOSMELLYROT]
       [BODY:WAGON]
       [SIZE:16]
       [ALL_ACTIVE]
       [NO_GENDER]
       [MATERIAL:WOOD:USE_RACEGLOSS]

</STRONG>

This didn't work for me... all I got were a bunch of 'W's!    :(

EDIT: PLEASE!!! YOU HAVE TO TELL ME WHAT I DID WRONG!!! I MUST HAVE GIANT 3X3 BEASTS!

EDIT AGAIN: THIS IS KILLING ME!

[ December 16, 2007: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Fenrir

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 10:47:00 pm »

BUUUMP!!! TELL ME HOW TO MAKE SENTIENT WAGONS!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4