Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unarmed Weapons  (Read 2090 times)

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
Unarmed Weapons
« on: December 31, 2007, 12:58:00 am »

Is there a token for weapons to make them use unarmed skill? [SKILL:WRESTLING] or [SKILL:UNARMED]?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Unarmed Weapons
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 01:04:00 am »

UNARMED

MINING
WOODCUTTING
CARPENTRY
DETAILSTONE
MASONRY
ANIMALTRAIN
ANIMALCARE
DISSECT_FISH
DISSECT_VERMIN
PROCESSFISH
BUTCHER
TRAPPING
TANNER
DYER
WEAVING
BREWING
ALCHEMY
CLOTHESMAKING
MILLING
PROCESSPLANTS
CHEESEMAKING
MILK
COOK
PLANT
HERBALISM
FISH
SMELT
EXTRACT_STRAND
FORGE_WEAPON
FORGE_ARMOR
FORGE_FURNITURE
CUTGEM
ENCRUSTGEM
WOODCRAFT
STONECRAFT
METALCRAFT
GLASSMAKER
LEATHERWORK
BONECARVE
AXE
SWORD
DAGGER
MACE
HAMMER
SPEAR
CROSSBOW
SHIELD
ARMOR
SIEGECRAFT
SIEGEOPERATE
OPERATE_PUMP
BOWYER
PIKE
WHIP
BOW
BLOWGUN
THROW
MECHANICS
MAGIC_NATURE
SNEAK
DESIGNBUILDING
WOOD_BURNING
LYE_MAKING
POTASH_MAKING
SOAP_MAKING
SWIMMING
PERSUASION
NEGOTIATION
JUDGING_INTENT
APPRAISAL
ORGANIZATION
RECORD_KEEPING
LYING
INTIMIDATION
CONVERSATION
COMEDY
FLATTERY
CONSOLE
PACIFY
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 01:06:00 am »

Much as I'd love to make a weapon use the comedy skill, I wouldn't be able to make a comedian death-squad in fortress mode.  Pity.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 01:28:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>list of every skill</STRONG>

This reminds me, are you going to make job-specific items like Tongs for smelting or a small Hammer for metalworking?

Also there's no skill to train called "unarmed" so using [SKILL:WRESTLING] would make alot more sense since you can become better at Wrestling.

[ December 31, 2007: Message edited by: Torak ]

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 01:31:00 am »

Yes, but punching is technically not wrestling, and unarmed opponents punch far more often than they grab.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 01:36:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>Yes, but punching is technically not wrestling, and unarmed opponents punch far more often than they grab.</STRONG>

You cant start with a weapon using the unarmed skill, because you cant get any points in it at the start.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 02:40:00 am »

What's [Magic_nature]?
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 02:59:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Cajoes:
<STRONG>What's [Magic_nature]?</STRONG>

OLD magic.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 02:21:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Cajoes:
<STRONG>What's [Magic_nature]?</STRONG>

I expect it has to do with the Druid class, and that it is not (fully?) implemented, along with the rest of the magic system.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 02:21:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by 0x517A5D:
<STRONG>

I expect it has to do with the Druid class, and that it is not (fully?) implemented, along with the rest of the magic system.</STRONG>

It had to do with the old elves summoning trees and the like.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 03:09:00 pm »

Heh. If you made a weapon that used the Extract_Strand skill, you could forge one, have someone train with it, and pump them up to be really fast at getting you that adamantine.  :D
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 03:14:00 pm »

I still say that comedy weapons are needed now. Seriously, now. Someone. Make a "Comedy Microphone" that our dwarves would use. Though how would you get them to use it? You get picks by giving them the mining labor before the draft, but there's no comedy labor...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 06:38:00 pm »

You tell a joke at the Giant in the right lower leg with your -Copper Microphone-!
The shot glances away.
The Giant groans loudly.

You tell a joke at the Giant in the left ear with your -Copper Microphone-!
It is mangled!
The Giant is feeling numb.

Fenrir

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 07:01:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by penguinofhonor:
<STRONG>I still say that comedy weapons are needed now. Seriously, now. Someone. Make a "Comedy Microphone" that our dwarves would use. Though how would you get them to use it? You get picks by giving them the mining labor before the draft, but there's no comedy labor...</STRONG>

There's no need for a comedy labor, just set the microphone to a weapon skill, like say HAMMER, then change the [HAMMERMAN_NAME:hammerdwarf:hammerdwarves] to [HAMMERMAN_NAME:comedian:comedians].

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 07:18:00 pm »

HAHAHAHAHAHA!  Ahhh, you kill me...

Sorry.  I had to.

Pages: [1] 2