Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steel and adamantite weapons for humans?  (Read 845 times)

nicro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Steel and adamantite weapons for humans?
« on: December 12, 2007, 01:31:00 am »

I heard somewhere that you can mod in better weapons for humans. It kind of sucks that iron is the best you can wield. Where would the file be to change this?

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steel and adamantite weapons for humans?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 02:55:00 am »

Hmm. It's almost certainly in entity_default. Try adding [METAL_PREF] and/or [STONE_PREF]; that might get you steel. Adamantite definitely won't show up, though - not even dwarves get that except when you make it yourself in fortress mode. If you really want, you could take the [DEEP] tag out of the adamantite metal description, but I wouldn't recommend it - goblins with adamantite weapons would be ugly.

nicro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 04:57:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Vanigo:
<STRONG>Hmm. It's almost certainly in entity_default. Try adding [METAL_PREF] and/or [STONE_PREF]; that might get you steel. Adamantite definitely won't show up, though - not even dwarves get that except when you make it yourself in fortress mode. If you really want, you could take the [DEEP] tag out of the adamantite metal description, but I wouldn't recommend it - goblins with adamantite weapons would be ugly.</STRONG>

Alright, but where would I put that line in entity_default? I see entities for mountains, forests, plains, and evil. Would i put it in all of them, or below [OBJECT:ENTITY]?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 02:24:00 pm »

Put it in anywhere within the [ENTITY:PLAINS] block for the humans.

The actual location within the block doesn't really matter. The game understands it regardless as long as it's in the block.  But if you want it to look like the other entries it would go directly underneath the [SELECT_SYMBOL:SITE:NAME_ENTITY_TOWN_FOUNDER] tag.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 08:50:00 pm »

If you remove the [DEEP] tag from adamantine in the raws then it becomes available for use by civs - I think, I've never actually tested it.

You will have to make a new world though.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

veryinky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 02:58:00 am »

I don't suppose there's a way to give a base quality rating or specific material type in entities?

I was hoping to have elves wear masterpiece quality silver armor/weapons.
[METAL_PREF:SILVER] or [METAL_PREF:METAL:SILVER] didn't work.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 09:22:00 am »

Why would you? Humans are goblins but with wagons every once in a while. UNtil you go and piss them off somehow.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.