Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creature creation?  (Read 637 times)

cazelfax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creature creation?
« on: December 09, 2007, 07:26:00 pm »

Okay, so, Spiders Everywhere had some breakthrough where smelting cows into worms was a possibility.  Is there any way to set it to use a building that isn't a smelter, and to make creatures that aren't vermin?

I'd really like to hitch up an alchemical lab to make patchwork animals out of thread, metal, meat, a totem and some extract.  Is this possible through extensive reactions and file tinkering, or is this just unavailable?

Finally, as a somewhat less title-derived question, is there any detriment to making a creature that attacks with its heart?  Say I create a giant that has [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTOKEN:HEART:beat:beats:1:6:BLUDGEON] in its junk, will this damage its own heart or will it just be a delightfully messed up creature?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creature creation?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 01:02:00 am »

quote:

[Is there any way to set it to use a building that isn't a smelter, and to make creatures that aren't vermin?

No to the first, and I'm not sure but I'd assume so.

quote:

I'd really like to hitch up an alchemical lab to make patchwork animals out of thread, metal, meat, a totem and some extract.  Is this possible through extensive reactions and file tinkering, or is this just unavailable?

If you can already create creatures at the smelter then this should be mostly possible.

quote:

Finally, as a somewhat less title-derived question, is there any detriment to making a creature that attacks with its heart?  Say I create a giant that has [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTOKEN:HEART:beat:beats:1:6:BLUDGEON] in its junk, will this damage its own heart or will it just be a delightfully messed up creature?

Should work, though I recall that there was some trouble with BYTOKEN in the past.  If that doesn't work BYTYPE:CIRCULATORY should work.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

cazelfax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 01:54:00 am »

Huh, heinous bummer.  While having lovely little dwarven sins against nature is a very lucrative thought, not being able to set it to an alchemist's lab is a little bothersome.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 12:45:00 pm »

try it though?
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 08:50:00 pm »

Don't reactions have the [SMELTER] tag in them? Is this just in case Toady lets us have reactions in other buildings?