Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Several questions  (Read 2072 times)

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Several questions
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2006, 03:20:00 pm »

Actually i cant access a coffin ! Coffin lies in a furniture pile and doesnt respond to "q" or "t" !

Fuzzpilz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://asdruihofvnuaeiorsz7iasnodfiaz7sd.com
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2006, 03:35:00 pm »

That's because you haven't placed them. You don't spend your nights on the display beds in a furniture store, do you? Build menu -> Funeral receptacle.

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2006, 03:50:00 pm »

quote:
That's because you haven't placed them. You don't spend your nights on the display beds in a furniture store, do you? Build menu -> Funeral receptacle.

Damn. I placed my graveyard outside. Even dead dwarves occupy living space.

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2006, 06:40:00 pm »

Actually, coffins and such aren't placed in a funeral pile at all.  They're placed in a room, like any other building.  I keep my graveyard outside so on the odd chance that someone rots they don't release a cloud of miasma.  That'd just be gross.

Especially when little Arn sees his daddy's corpse deep in the mines...

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2006, 06:44:00 pm »

There used to be a scripted undead attack in the 6th year, a long time ago.  The dead would rise in your fortress, and there were thoughts roughly like "was attacked by own zombie child recently".  That needs to make its way back in somehow, but it might have to wait until an evil artifact has that effect on it.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2006, 06:47:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>There used to be a scripted undead attack in the 6th year, a long time ago.  The dead would rise in your fortress, and there were thoughts roughly like "was attacked by own zombie child recently".  That needs to make its way back in somehow, but it might have to wait until an evil artifact has that effect on it.</STRONG>

I can see players making a huge underground tomb and then purposely collapsing the only entrance to the pit to make it 100% sealed off.  :p

Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2006, 03:07:00 am »

zombie dwarves digging out your fortress?

Elethiomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2006, 05:51:00 am »

Wait... zombies don't need sleep. Or food. Or drink. Zombie dwarves would be such an asset! Your furnaces and forges would never stop!
 good signature is a concise and original summary of personality. This is not a good signature.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2006, 06:00:00 am »

The only problem would be clouds of miasma everywhere they went. At least until they rotted enough to become skeletons.

Still, I like the idea. Maybe a zombie commanding artifact?  :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]