Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Humorous/Memorable Adventurer fates?  (Read 1087 times)

Gedsaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humorous/Memorable Adventurer fates?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 04:22:00 am »

My best adventurer to date (Sana Blazestrayed) has met her downfall at the same ruin as my first adventurer and his army of drunks (I found their rottin corpses all in a line)

I went there for the fun of avenging all the drunks who died there as well as my old adventurer but, nothing goes quite as planned... of course.

So me and my party are fine hacking away at skeletons and zombies, I run inside to find where my other adventurer died. I found him where the spearmaster left him, at the top of the stairs, I also found a skeleton who had killed one of the drunks! His name was Dawnedquill. I had a nice little fight with him, wacked him abit with my sword, he grabed me and broke, then mangled my hip, managed to kill him by cutting off his head.

Now because of my hip I can't stand, so I think now is probobly a good time to run (crawl) away from this ruin to heal. I get down the stairs fine and to the exit of the ruin... just in time to see 3, no wait! make that 4 skeletons kill my Lasher friend (and then see a message about my sword companion getting killed to (the last of my groupe))

Ok, so now I figure this could be a bit of trouble as I can't out run them, but I am a good fighter so, maybe if I'm lucky I can kill them and escape! after all they had just been fighting somone else... so I wait for them to come to me, I swing at one and YES! I cut off his head! then there all over me but all of their attacks are blocked with many counterstrikes back at them! After hacking off a few limbs and having a couple of them fall to the ground I think "hey! maybe I will live!"   :)

Wow thats long, but hey! An epic battle with 7 skeletons deserves a good long telling so there you are.   :D

Now of course my next adventurer will have to go and kill even more skeletons to avenge a whole new host of deaths at the death trap of the evil ruin of, Cokcilko "Chuckedskies".

Conclusion (yes it's finnaly here   :D  ).
I have to say that ruins are on of the most dangourus places you can go, not because the enamies are hard to kill, no their downright easy! but there are so damn many of them there! you can try to kill them all but you'll just tire yourself out doing it and the rest of them will come and smash your head in!

Good luck all!

Nobody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2006, 05:37:00 am »

Okay, you ever have a companion that completely and utterly schools you in combat? This is sort of like that.

Now, Ingish Nailswords the Brilliant White Cut of Death is no axedwarf to sneeze at, but his companion, Ars Matyredsteel was an amazing hammerdwarfess. Luck or skill, who knows, but she had the ability to always knock off a limb when ever she attacked anything with her hammer. But, her talent also proved to be this hero's downfall...

After a fun romp through the levels of a ruin, Ingish's human companions dying like flies, he came down to face a nemesis giant who had killed one or two humans and thought he was hot stuff now. After reciting his claims to fame, the giant (Blindworks was his name) charged at Ingish who had just gone into a martial trance. An epic fight started, axe swinging and fists pumping. His initial charge knocked me flat but I cut off his right hand in return. He grabbed my shield out of my hands and I embedded my axe in his face. He swung my shield, enraged, breaking my left leg, and stunning me long enough for him to swing again at my torso, breaking my spleen. I let go of the axe and swung at his arm, breaking it (Yay very strong), and finally ending it, both of us on the floor, crippled beyond all belief, by strangling him.

It was a glorious fight.

Then, Ingish got his brain broken by a flying skeleton arm to the back of the head, and died a bit later. Apparently Ars just got lucky, or she had been envious of my awesome fight... Fortunately, I had backed up the game before, so, alls well that ends well.

[ August 13, 2006: Message edited by: Nobody ]

A HREF="http://www.adventuresofbrian.org<BR>">www.adventuresofbrian.org
 My Personal Exercise in Futility

"oh, but the knobby ends can all bite in yours, so it''s like... more advanced tentacle demons where they have lil mouths."
-Toady One

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2006, 10:40:00 am »

I had gone into adventure mode and completed one of the tasks, I was going back to some city with my group of drunks/barely skilled sobes when we ran into a pack of lions that tore some crossbow guy to little pieces in a couple seconds. A couple other lions ran over and started ripping head and disembowling everybody else so I decided to make a hasty retreat west. I was almost to the edge and saw some "H" going the other way. I decided to ignore it, since what the hell is a horse going to do to me? I'm an axe-master sucker!

well... "H"'s are not always horses. sometimes they are freanking Hippopotomai.

Supposedly I charged straight at it and kind of bounced off

It then proceeded to break both my hands and knocked my weapons to the ground, then grabbed me by my arm and started shaking me around.

I tried to gouge its eyes thinking I might be able to get away, but it just laughed at me and picked me up by me leg & broke that and broke some more places in my upper arm.
then chewed me some more and killed me

Pages: 1 [2]