Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding in a new race.  (Read 1240 times)

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding in a new race.
« on: November 14, 2007, 10:56:00 pm »

Hello, I'm trying to mod in a new race, Gnolls, who are like the " big brother " of Kobolds. Basicly brutish rat/dog like creatures with long sharp claws and tons of strength, about the size of a human with more bulk. I plan for them to be a non-playable sieger civ with moderate building destroying skills, who only uses giant 2h weapons and their claws. The problem is that I want them to live in plains regions, but in caves/mounds they would dig with their claws straight into the plains. Is there any way I can do this? I don't want them to make human towns if I give them the plains civ tag.

M Shadowy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding in a new race.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 11:05:00 pm »

Well, since I've been having a sort of related problem all day with new specieses, try making them a NUISANCE.  That should make them dig/live in caves, like their yipping kolbold cousins.

Though they may end up displacing a lot of human settlements... grumble grumble...

Cosmonot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 11:20:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hypcso:
<STRONG>Hello, I'm trying to mod in a new race, Gnolls, who are like the " big brother " of Kobolds. Basicly brutish rat/dog like creatures with long sharp claws and tons of strength, about the size of a human with more bulk. I plan for them to be a non-playable sieger civ with moderate building destroying skills, who only uses giant 2h weapons and their claws. The problem is that I want them to live in plains regions, but in caves/mounds they would dig with their claws straight into the plains. Is there any way I can do this? I don't want them to make human towns if I give them the plains civ tag.</STRONG>

You can't mod the style of settlements right now. Everything else is doable.

Kobolds carry copper crossbows.

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 11:47:00 pm »

I will give NUISANCE a try, I'm having a hard time finding them right now to even see if they're working correctly =P

Pathos

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 04:41:00 am »

Post it when you're done.  ;)