Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Replacement music?  (Read 2310 times)

Fist_Of_Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Shorer, Kobold Pimp cancels Work: Too Pimpin'
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement music?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 07:37:10 pm »

ehh its too apparently "Boss Music" I hear it, and im going to fight someone, not over see 100+ semi annoying dwarfs wiht a pension of dying in humorous ways...
Hm, I know what you mean. Ah well, each to their own!

I concur. Slowed down, Butter Building might work, but I still prefer The Boundary, personally.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2009, 06:59:39 am »

I know this is a thread necro, but I managed to convert an MP4 --> MP3 --> OGG so I could get an .OGG file of Butter Building, from the Nightmare in Dreamland game.

Unfortunately, it is not slowed down (like the thread asked). I have no way of doing this (or I do, but I'm too dumb to do it.), so if someone would like the .ogg I can give it out from the DFFD, and if anyone would be willing to slow it down, I'd be much obliged.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 02:21:31 pm »

I know this is a thread necro, but I managed to convert an MP4 --> MP3 --> OGG so I could get an .OGG file of Butter Building, from the Nightmare in Dreamland game.

Unfortunately, it is not slowed down (like the thread asked). I have no way of doing this (or I do, but I'm too dumb to do it.), so if someone would like the .ogg I can give it out from the DFFD, and if anyone would be willing to slow it down, I'd be much obliged.

Download the program Audacity. It is fairly easy to get a basic grasp of the easiest functions (which is all I've achieved), and one of those easy things is to slow down the tempo of a song or parts of it.

Also, thread-necros that have relevant posts that are not just opinion input are appreciable, since the alternative is making more clutter with more threads.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2009, 06:18:42 pm »

There's a program called SUPER ©, which rather easily converts anything to anything. After that, Audacity can do anything you want to the resulting track.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Fist_Of_Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Shorer, Kobold Pimp cancels Work: Too Pimpin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 11:07:47 pm »

I came across this not too long ago.

King Dedede's Theme, Slowed Down

Give it a try.

The Orange Mage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 11:45:14 pm »

Let's put it in the suggestion boards: add "midi player" in DF =).
I like Arcanum music very much and play DF without music because hearing of the same fragment for monthes kills my brain. THanks for the content =).

heck no, MIDI (the file format as used for playing music on PCs) was finally slain with the closing of GeoCities only about a year ago.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 02:51:06 am »

For the last year I play mostly with "tristram" theme from Diablo 2

Oh man, I'm nostalgia-tripping. It fits so well into DF as well!
Pages: 1 [2]