Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: A Better Goblin Mod  (Read 29823 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: A Better Goblin Mod
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2008, 01:48:00 pm »

Yep, that's the general idea.  Thanks for the info, and more importantly, the mod.

Edit: The seed still works!  I wonder how long the hydra on the map will last in the face of an ender ambush?

[ June 06, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

All generalizations are false....including this one.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2008, 05:02:00 pm »

I'm thinking of making more idiotic and quirky invaders for longtime DF users to play with.

Like the zerg.

or hobos.

No... I have a better idea... heh heh heh...

Ramirez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2008, 05:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by umiman:
<STRONG>
Like the zerg.</STRONG>

Does that mean 6 zerglings in your fort by the start of summer?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2008, 05:40:00 pm »

What do you mean summer? It would be 2 zerglings by the time you deconstruct your wagon and 6 zerglings every 20 seconds after.

Too bad that's not possible.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2008, 07:45:00 pm »

Having more fun with goblin prototypes. This one is a much smaller but no less more dangerous version with a tail, tentacles, four arms, and burns.

[ June 06, 2008: Message edited by: umiman ]

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 02:15:00 pm »

Crumpets give you Ironblood wings.

Gask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2008, 02:24:00 pm »

I think that they have ceased being goblins now lol.
http://l052.mybrute.com Come and meet my dwarf eating bear

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 04:14:00 pm »

You've got to be joking. o.O How the heck? A normal DF character can't do enough damage even if wielding adamantine everything to bypass the Ender's defenses. Is this modded?

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2008, 04:36:00 pm »

He's a level 300+ shield user. I had him equip half a dozen shields and then lay down with half an elf forest trying to hit him. Each passed turn gave something like 1000 experience points. Then I used macros to have him pick up and throw a few thousand tiny rocks at nothing. At this point, he probably has enough stats to maybe bruise Ironblood's third left toe.

To be fair, I took off both legs and maybe an arm with arrows before going in with the GCS leg.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2008, 04:47:00 pm »

:/

You do know enders shoot fireballs right? Fireballs aren't blockable because of a bug regardless of how many shields you have. It's basically instant KO regardless of your stats. Also, there are a lot of things in your testimony which is very fishy because it shouldn't happen to an ender. Maybe you were very, very, very lucky.

Nevertheless, I'll put you on the incredible DF players list but I think you should post a log just to be safe.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2008, 05:02:00 pm »

I'm also sneaking.

Fireballs got through, caused bleeding and dark yellows on a few limbs. I'm still superhumanly tough++.

Uploading a save. It's not right after the kill, since I went back to the elves to train my shields (pointlessly), but you should be able to go back to the ender forts and get a kill off. Sneak, throw arrows, and then run in with the GCS leg.

EDIT:
I'm at DFFD, but which specific file do I upload? I've found the save -folder- but I can't upload folders?

EDIT2: Lol zips.

Link http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=210
[ June 08, 2008: Message edited by: Virroken ]

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2008, 05:10:00 pm »

Just upload the entire thing and I'll look it through :P. I think you were super lucky as I've tried killing enders with adventurers many times the quality than the one you used (legendary everything with masterwork adamantine everything thanks to cheats), no offense, but got incinerated.

Perhaps it was the karma...

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2008, 05:32:00 pm »

Hope the save checks out as legitimate. It's the headache-free variety of enders, if that's relevant.

I think I figured out what was up with the GCS leg slicing limbs off. SEVERONBREAK makes any bludgeon type damage horribly lethal. It takes more strength to slice a limb off with slashing than it does to break something with bludgeon or pierce. Thrown objects can break a head, which now counts as dismembering a head -- bunches more lethal.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2008, 05:39:00 pm »

It checks out. Hehe, congrats man. Well done! I'd give you a trophy or something if I could. Instead, i give you full permission to lord over everyone else that you did something inherently impossible. Now go kill an ender goblin siege.

Now to remove that seversonbreaks thing...

Lord_Frodo

• Bay Watcher
  • The crazy in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2008, 05:56:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by umiman:
<STRONG>What do you mean summer? It would be 2 zerglings by the time you deconstruct your wagon and 6 zerglings every 20 seconds after.

Too bad that's not possible.</STRONG>

Frodo has been struck down by awesomeness.

Even the cutest things can be endearing when on fire. ~ Cajoes
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8