Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: A Better Goblin Mod  (Read 29822 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
A Better Goblin Mod
« on: June 02, 2008, 06:04:00 pm »

Tired with your current goblin? Wish it was javascript:void(0);faster, stronger, more challenging? wish it didn't drop so goddamn much junk at your doorstep? Well, wish no more, for with the better goblin mod, you can choose from the different varieties of goblin to suit your needs! From the most basic to the mighty and incredible, we're here to make sure your goblin-experience remains as perfect as possible.

Here's what we offer right now:

The Headache-free Goblin
Virtually identical with the goblins you have right now except for one distinguishing feature: No more clothes! Yup, no more having to pick up the countless pieces of silk loincloths lying all over the place. No more having to smelt two million pieces of junk armour into something useful. They come, they die and you don't have to deal with the messy, laggy, aftertaste.

Varieties:
1. Armour-free, clothes-free, bow/crossbow-free
2. Just the clothes

P.S: As a free bonus, every other goblin type here comes with the above headache-free varieties as well! Just for you!

The Intimidating Goblin
The first of the meaty bunch. This guy is bigger, faster, stronger, tougher, fatter, and much more fearsome than your regular goblin. Think of a troll, except fatter and with weapons and armour and you're close. Think goblins are cake to handle? Well, you need to fight these guys then. They'll still fall to a good hit with a steel warhammer though so if you're cocky, you might want to look higher up the tier.

Varieties:
1. Headache-free

The Terrifying Goblin
Now we're getting somewhere. Taller than trees, tougher than a steel wall, these guys are programmed to appear at any time, anywhere, and will hunt down your puny dwarves like the scum they are. Nothing can stop them, other than sealing yourself in your own grave. Nearly impervious to damage, they will make even the mightiest bronze colossus quake and shiver (They are still smaller than a colossus though). This is only for the experienced and overconfident. Even their once pathetic fists and weak jaws have been replaced with sharpened blades so if you ever see one unarmed... be afraid. If you feel, however, that each and every one of your dwarves can singlehandedly take down a bronze colossus... then you might want to look higher up the tier.

Varieties:
1. Headache-free (AKA easy mode)

The Doombringing Goblin
Goblin? What goblin? This is a demon, giant hybrid; taller than mountains and more powerful than the Son of Krypton. They don't feel pain, they don't feel suffering. Unrelenting and dominating in nature, you will cower before their wrath. Killing one is a task in itself, killing the packs that it comes with is a legendary feat. Not one for the weak-willed or pathetic, this is the penultimate challenge for the master dwarf.

Varieties:
1. Headache-free (You'll still get owned)

The Ender Goblin: Destroyer of Worlds
I don't know what this is, but it isn't a goblin anymore. This is an impossible challenge. It's impossible to kill this thing. Don't even try. It's a waste of time because the end result is your death. Everything quails before it: carp, giant cave spider, giant eagle, skeletal elephants, crossbowdwarves. This is the ultimate challenge, but only because it's impossible to kill.

Varieties:
1. Headache-free (You still won't kill it)

The Purge Goblin:
Slightly larger than the average human but smaller than a troll, these goblins aren't a problem because of their four arms or their wings or their tentacles. No, these goblins bring with them fire and steel to cleanse your filthy habitats of life. This is the goblin you fight if you want to face fire but not the invincibility of the Doombringing or Ender goblins.

Varieties:
1. All purge goblins are headache-free because if they came with clothes, they'd be called the headache goblin. Also note that purge goblins can't use crossbows or bows currently since they set their quivers on fire.

Get it here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=198

Also check out my other mods here: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=18552.0

Changelog:
v1.22
- Updated for latest DF version (untested)
- Removed far more fearsome leaders because they're crazy

v1.21
- Removed [SEVERSONBREAK] from enders
- First ender kill confirmed

v1.2
- Removed leather gear from "just clothes" headache-free goblins
- Added custom names to certain goblins
- New goblin: Purge goblin
- Gave "just clothes" goblins back their armour
- Ender goblins now use steel
- Higher level goblins have far more fearsome leaders

Incredible DF Players List
- Virroken: Killed an ender with a giant cave spider leg... holy shit.
- Kashyyk: Fortress mode. Killed one ender and injured two others at the cost of 80 dwarves per ender. Congrats!
- Heavy Flak: Super legendary Captain of the Guard kills an ender with an artifact mace. 'Grats!
- Paulus Fahlstrom: Murderer of my Enders! The horror!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Better Goblin Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 06:05:00 pm »

Chasing Goblins: a short picture novel

Behold, the entrance to the dark fortress! Notice the charred ground. Why is it charred? Freshly charred too... hmmm... What happened to the other drunks?

He announces himself. Ah... so that's what happened to the other drunks.

!!!!???!!!! Argh! Fire burns!!! Dodge dodge dodge!

Help arrives! Yeah!

Help gets incinerated. We're in trouble...

Another goblin comes! FLEE!!!

Too late.

[ June 02, 2008: Message edited by: umiman ]

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 06:17:00 pm »

Cool! I'll definitely use one or two of them.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:23:00 pm »

If you manage to defeat an Ender Goblin siege, post it here with the screenshot. I'll put you up on some sort of incredible-DF-players list or something because you just defeated the most powerful event in the game.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 06:28:00 pm »

Ender goblins?  Are they tiny sci-fi goblins?
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 06:31:00 pm »

I can assure you they are quite big.

Actually, I just thought of a goblin that's harder... I forgot to put webbing.

Solara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 06:49:00 pm »

Would you say that Intimidating goblins without armor are about on par with vanilla goblins?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 07:20:00 pm »

Yup. It's what I'm using right now. They're around the same.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 02:16:00 am »

Fucking Photoshop crashed on me just as I was finishing the colouring... Goddamn Finnigan's law... I really should get a tablet. I'm not going to go back and do everything again with this goddamn wireless mouse.

Anyway, here's a comparison chart.

[ June 03, 2008: Message edited by: umiman ]

Grendal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 10:06:00 am »

Your artwork made me cackle like a madman. Hard thing to accomplish before I have had caffeine. I will try the mod out.
Is this joy I feel?

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 12:43:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by umiman:
<STRONG>If you manage to defeat an Ender Goblin siege, post it here with the screenshot. I'll put you up on some sort of incredible-DF-players list or something because you just defeated the most powerful event in the game.</STRONG>

I will take your challange, Umiman!  I'm going to take it in spades.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 01:09:00 pm »

Haha, what are the [SIZE:?]'s going to be for each gob?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 04:03:00 pm »

Let's see...

A regular gobbo is size 6.

A dwarf is size 6 as well.

A human is size 7.

A troll is size 9.

An intimidating goblin is size 10 and damblock:6.

A terrifying goblin is size 17 and damblock:12.

A bronze colossus is size 20, damblock:8.

A doombringer goblin is size 21, damblock:12.

An ender goblin is size 25, damblock:12.

Of course, they all have little perks and special abilities, so it might not be accurate about their strength.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 05:12:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>The Ender Goblin: Destroyer of Worlds
It's impossible to kill this thing. </STRONG>

quote:
<STRONG>STATS for Ender Goblin.</STRONG>

It has stats.  We can kill it.

Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 05:16:00 pm »

Hehe... I won't stop you. Post your results and stories. If you really manage to defeat a siege of Enders, I will put you on the honorary list for ultimate DF-players.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8