Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: Modding questions thread.  (Read 20035 times)

krige

• Bay Watcher
  • [TILE:dwarf:fire]
    • View Profile
Re: Modding questions thread.
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2008, 04:23:52 am »

I've skimmed through the topic and found no answer so I've got this question: I've made a controllable race for fortress mode but, while the initial seven was okay, all the new migrants (as well as some gods) come completely unnamed. Is it because I haven't assigned a language file to them? Or is it something else?
Sheriff of Nottingham: That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2008, 11:16:02 am »

Yeah, without a language file the game probably doesn't know how to name anyone.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

father_alexander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 15, 2009, 04:56:58 pm »

i have been looking and i couldnt find, anyone knows whats the limit in moding the damblock? i mean whats the maximun you can place

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2009, 04:59:09 pm »

65535 or 256, either might work. What's the use of such high numbers is beyond me though.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

darkevilme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2009, 08:39:29 pm »

Can a modded race make forest retreat settlements in places that have trees but arent forests. Like say marshland? Cause a friend has complained my modded race is too uber and cited them using human towns as one of the numerous causes.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2009, 08:44:56 pm »

Can a modded race make forest retreat settlements in places that have trees but arent forests. Like say marshland? Cause a friend has complained my modded race is too uber and cited them using human towns as one of the numerous causes.

Yes. My Silver Xelic race seems to live in forest retreats in the marshlands just fine. Although I should note that I don't think I've ever actually visited one in Adventure mode, so that may only be true during world gen.

Thinking about it, it might be possible (if silly) to have a race with forest retreats in a treeless area. I may have to test that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

darkevilme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 15, 2009, 09:11:13 pm »

I know you can build cave_detailed in deserts but like the forest retreat i have no idea whether this'd cause bad things to happen when its visited in adventure mode and this should be checked probably.

This is all a stand in though, anyone have the slightest idea how many years away custom sites for custom races are?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2009, 03:04:53 pm »

Why aren't my reactions working?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah, I know the last one's a little nonsensical as it is. The plant it should be processing isn't showing up at all on the farm plot menu even though I have seeds, and copying its attributes to a plant already in the game causes the game to crash on loading.

The first one works if I have the reaction use stone, but trying to use the cave vines results in the dwarf grabbing any plant it can find. I've also tried NO_MATGLOSS, NO_RACEGLOSS, and HAS RACEGLOSS:PLANT in the reaction, but that has no effect.

Below are the three plants and one tree I'm using for the reactions.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2009, 03:21:28 pm »

Reaction 1: where's the raws entry for the cave vine plant?

Your reagent should look like this: PLANT:NO_SUBTYPE:VINE_CAVE:NO_MATGLOSS

where VINE_CAVE is whatever token you chose for the cave vine entry.  Was ASH just a placeholder or what?

Reaction 2: you're trying to produce a plant made of coal.  This a) is almost guaranteed not to work and b) is useless, since coal jobs are looking for coal bars.  Just produce normal charcoal instead: BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:CHARCOAL, I think.  Also, make sure you change GLASS_GREEN (?) back to ROOT_HIDE or whatever the hide root token is.

The char pod plants aren't showing up in the farm plot because the plant has no biomes -- the game won't let you plant seeds unless the farm plot is in the appropriate biome.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2009, 03:25:27 pm »

Is there a way I can rid of cats in my growing fortress without the ":( KITTY DIED" thought?
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 18, 2009, 03:26:56 pm »

Butcher them before they adopt someone.  It's that easy.

Although I guess to answer your question from a modding perspective, you could remove 2LUNGS from their body definition or something.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 18, 2009, 03:37:25 pm »

Although I guess to answer your question from a modding perspective, you could remove 2LUNGS from their body definition or something.

Wouldn't I have to re-gen a world?
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 18, 2009, 03:51:29 pm »

No, I don't think anybody had to regen for the "Cat cancels dump" fix, which uses a modded body part.  It'll lead to unhappy thoughts for sure though.  Really, just butcher them.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 18, 2009, 03:53:21 pm »

No, I don't think anybody had to regen for the "Cat cancels dump" fix, which uses a modded body part.  It'll lead to unhappy thoughts for sure though.  Really, just butcher them.

I wish cats were robots made of awesomemantine that were incapable of love and hated goblins.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 18, 2009, 03:56:25 pm »

I prefer kitty bombs, personally.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19