Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Modding questions thread.  (Read 20057 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: Modding questions thread.
« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2008, 06:31:05 pm »

Uhh...  Those are all really pretty self explanatory...

They are, but take this for example: USE_EVIL_ANIMALS or USE_CAVE_ANIMALS
Now what is this good for? AFAIK this is being used for goblins for example. So, goblins will use evil animals in sieges? They are only using beak dogs and trolls. What about the other evil animals/cave creatures? So yeah these could be self explanatory, but they are not actually.
I dont know what exactly these tokens are doing, and neither you do I bet.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2008, 06:55:24 pm »

It allows the use of evil and cave creatures, it doesn't force them.  AFAIK, trolls and beak dogs are actually hard coded into the sieges with the gobbos.  If you started a goblin fort in an evil desert, you could have nightwings as pets if you could catch them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2008, 11:22:06 pm »

USE_CAVE_ANIMALS can be used to give you animals that are only used by underground civs. For example, I made Cave Crabs for my mod, which live in Chasms and are domestic animals for Dwarves (which have the USE_CAVE_ANIMALS) tag.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

AtomicTesticle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2008, 12:01:07 am »

Is there a working version of reveal.exe for e?

I know in the talk Rick page it gives you a few different ways to fix it but the second "legit" way is confusing me.
STD free since 1987

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2008, 07:23:21 am »

Just use the Tweak utility.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2008, 08:53:04 am »

It allows the use of evil and cave creatures, it doesn't force them.  AFAIK, trolls and beak dogs are actually hard coded into the sieges with the gobbos.  If you started a goblin fort in an evil desert, you could have nightwings as pets if you could catch them.

Yeah I thought that those are hardcoded...

Gargantou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2008, 09:02:23 am »

Is there a way to make like a 'robot'-race or 'mech'-race, basically I want a race without any need for sleep, eat etc, no emotions and preferably no flesh(Maybe something akin to skeletons but sturdier?)?

Thanks for any helpful replies!

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2008, 09:51:24 am »

Is there a way to make like a 'robot'-race or 'mech'-race, basically I want a race without any need for sleep, eat etc, no emotions and preferably no flesh(Maybe something akin to skeletons but sturdier?)?

You need these tags:

NO_SLEEP
NO_EAT
NO_DRINK
NOBLEED
NOBONES
NOEMOTION
NOFEAR
NONAUSEA
NOPAIN
NOMEAT
NOSKIN
NOSKULL
NOSMELLYROT
NOT_BUTCHERABLE
as for body variants, you must modify the BODYGLOSS datas, but I dont know how is that works exactly...I think you can even make a creature made from stone for example.

Gargantou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2008, 11:43:46 am »

You need these tags..

as for body variants, you must modify the BODYGLOSS datas, but I dont know how is that works exactly...I think you can even make a creature made from stone for example.
Thanks dude really helpful post, and Stone-Race makes alot more sense than robots, basically I want to make a playable race that I can exploit to build really large buildings etc without having to worry about food and such.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2008, 05:12:11 pm »

You need these tags..

Thanks dude really helpful post, and Stone-Race makes alot more sense than robots, basically I want to make a playable race that I can exploit to build really large buildings etc without having to worry about food and such.

Hehe no problem mate, btw stone creatures were just an example.. :)
Good luck with your mod tho.  8)

Owie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2008, 10:57:50 pm »

Does creature size effect how much leather can be produced? If so, is the child form of a creature the same size as the parent? If not, how can I get an animal to drop extra leather after being butchered?
Yaha!

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2008, 11:21:06 pm »

leather is unaffected by size, unfortunately. For meat and BONES, size does matter, and children are smaller.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Owie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2008, 11:22:14 pm »

Can I make butchering trigger the drop of extra skins? Also, how much smaller are children?
Yaha!

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2008, 11:48:22 am »

Okay, would it be possible to set a relatively minor damaging heat to a weapon, without the only possible wounds being minor as well, like something that, slowly but surely, could cripple an arm that wields it for too long?  I'm thinking of a new possible HFS stone.

Tykk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2008, 12:54:24 pm »

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to modding and have been pretty successful thus far making two new races to be at war with one another, etc.

The problem I am having as of right now is a new plant that I made, I can't seem to get my dwarves to plant it and I can't understand why. I tried both indoor and outdoor farming with the seeds and neither work, even though I had the seeds with me. Here is the matgloss_plant file that I added for the plant:

[MATGLOSS_PLANT:ORCHID_BLOODDROP]
   [TILE:6][COLOR:4:0:0]
   [NAME:blooddrop orchid:blooddrop orchids]
   [GROWDUR:10][VALUE:10]
   [DRINK:blooddrop vodka:4:0:0]
   [DRINKVALUE:30]
   [SEEDNAME:blooddrop orchid tear]
   [SEED:4:0:0]
   [FREQUENCY:100]
   [CLUSTERSIZE:5]
   [SEEDVALUE:1]
   [AUTUMN][WINTER][SPRING][SUMMER]