Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: Modding questions thread.  (Read 20043 times)

Loctavus

• Bay Watcher
  • British Hammerdwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Modding questions thread.
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2008, 11:06:23 am »

Righto, that title is familiar and I was looking at it earlier. I'll go and look again, the material type was something like NO_MATGLOSS, and looking at it now I changed it, for some reason I can't fathom. Thanks for your help.

Ok, both worked...sort of.

Bonerock gave me raw adamantine (um, yay?)

And I did get mother of pearl, but they immediately shoved it into the stone stockpile so I need to look into that. A bit later maybe...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 11:11:58 am by Loctavus »
Tea and -Elf Tallow Biscuits- anyone?

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2008, 08:47:47 pm »

How do I get ü to register properly in creature names?

bigmcstrongmuscle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2008, 11:10:52 pm »

I've been experimenting for about an hour on dragons, trying to convince them to reproduce and last beyond Year 5. Is this an exercise in futility?

Nazush Ebsas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2008, 11:41:49 pm »

gen'ed one after making these changes and have two listed at cve sites, only one i looked at in legends so far had a rather spectacular lifetime.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Haha, i was editing two creature files at the sam tim, apparently, but this *did* leave a few alive and with hideous kills.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 01:08:28 am by Nazush Ebsas »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2008, 06:57:59 am »

NICTURNAL and ALL_ACTIVE is kinda strange.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2008, 07:02:28 am »

I think there's no such letter in language file. Did you see a word with it? Which one?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

GoreTaco

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually a brain in a jar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2008, 09:22:15 am »

I'm having a little trouble with theArachnid. I made sure I followed the steps to perfection, but it doesn't show up when I play adventure mode. Anyone have an idea what's wrong?
"Who's John Galt?"

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2008, 12:30:41 pm »

I'm having a little trouble with the Arachnid. I made sure I followed the steps to perfection, but it doesn't show up when I play adventure mode. Anyone have an idea what's wrong?

That's from a very old version, so the tags you need for the creature and entity files have probably changed dramatically since then.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 12:34:05 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2008, 01:01:48 pm »

I think there's no such letter in language file. Did you see a word with it? Which one?

Uh...  No?  I was just going on the assumption that there would be a way to get that into a name.  Is there a [/b]û[/b]?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2008, 01:17:46 pm »

Three steps:

Look for a translated word in the game that has the letter you seek.

Open the raw file of the target language and find the word.

Copy the letter you need to your word.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2008, 01:34:46 pm »

If I am creating several different ranged weapons, and ammunition for each, how do I make each type of ammo usable exclusively with its respective weapon?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 01:43:57 pm by Impending Doom »
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2008, 02:13:42 pm »

Thanks for the help with the other stuff, now what do [ART_FACET_MODIFIER] , [ITEM_IMPROVEMENT_MODIFIER] and [ART_IMAGE_ELEMENT_MODIFIER] do, exactly?

Nazush Ebsas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2008, 09:23:51 pm »

art_* afaik they're the likelihood scales of a particular decorated item being decorated n a certain way.

file_changes.txt has an entry for it.

i thought it was coin value of said improvements, tbh, but reading the entry again it doesn't actually say that.

smeej

• Bay Watcher
  • The last thing you remember...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2008, 10:53:32 pm »

Is there any way to increase the likelihood of a civ worshiping a particular POWER or MEGABEAST? I'm working on a comprehensive Conan mod and want to create gods for the civilizations to worship. I don't want a hundred Croms or Ymirs wandering around, either, which is an added problem.

A second question! Are there any methods aside from manipulating ETHICS to make civilizations more prone to waging war against each other?

And a final, third question! What exactly do the numbers in BIOME_SUPPORT mean? Does a 0 have the same effect as not including BIOME_SUPPORT in the first place?

Thanks for letting me bug you guys!
IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

Nazush Ebsas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2008, 11:42:15 pm »

The game tries to use all the megabeasts (and semis too I think) before it does a repeat, so if you have enough of them, you shouldn't run into trouble.  With the new age of myth stuff, it makes more than it used to (so it can kill some), but at some point I could add the option to change the numbers, or a tag like [UNIQUE] that makes the (semi)megabeast/power only occur once.<P>Or should this mod only be used in a Pocket world.  Ha ha.  Then you'd only have one or two megas.

I have no idea if he's added that tag yet, you could try searching. Other than that, you could try removing/aligning the sphere, ethic and personality tags to create a 100% fit with said unique power, and reduce the chances of them worshipping anythingelse, also keeping regional_force from your desired worshipping civ would help i think, altho idk if, when a civ'ed character uses regional force, it also looks for a deity or not.

Apparently mirrsen found some additional raw files that could be used, coud try searching for his posts on the off chance that one of them was entity_deity or somesuch ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19