Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Modding questions thread.  (Read 20021 times)

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
Re: Modding questions thread.
« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2010, 05:17:45 pm »

Thanks man...now I understand how stupid my thinking was.. ;P I really need to study the wiki some more...

EDIT: OK I'm even more confused now. When I added the code I was trying to mod it shows on "create" list, but when I made it to look more like Rephikul's It's not there. ;/
well, I was tired last night and maybe I'm missing something obvious. I'll keep on playing with this some more, but any help would be appreciated.

EDIT2: I just generated the new world and the reaction works. I's there a way to make it work with my old world?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 06:00:29 am by Rip0k »
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

blutack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 23, 2010, 04:13:16 pm »

how would you go about stopping the game from pausing on its own such as when there is a forgotten beast or warm/damp stone.
i searched the sub-forum and couldn't find this question, but sorry if this has been asked before several times.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 23, 2010, 04:55:54 pm »

Open data/init/announcements.txt and follow the instructions inside.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 23, 2010, 11:29:15 pm »

EDIT2: I just generated the new world and the reaction works. I's there a way to make it work with my old world?

Only if you modify an existing reaction in the '\data\save\regionX\raw' folder. If you create a completely new one, you must have a new world for it to function.

blutack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 26, 2010, 10:11:13 pm »

i did what you said and its working perfectly, except that i cant seem to stop seiges coming up with the "a vile force of darkness" message. any help would be appreciated

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2011, 02:22:26 pm »

Can I mod/hack forgotten beasts out of a current savegame? I don't care about cheating because their poisonous gas and [TRAPAVOID] are that annoying. I just want to get rid of them so I can capture some crundles.
"Are you there, gods? It's me, Mistêm."
Quote from: Boatmurdered
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

mwanafalsafa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2011, 04:03:07 pm »

So because of FPS issues I have my population capped at around 50. As I understand it this is too small a population to trigger a siege. Is there any way to mod the game to lower the population needed to trigger sieges?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2011, 08:20:15 pm »

Can I mod/hack forgotten beasts out of a current savegame?
Use dfliquids to obsidianise them. It's easiest to create magma on their tile and then water on the tile above, but if you have no free space then three tiles of each either side of the FB will work. Might need a couple of attempts if they're moving around while you're trying to do this.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 23, 2011, 12:36:45 am »

So because of FPS issues I have my population capped at around 50. As I understand it this is too small a population to trigger a siege. Is there any way to mod the game to lower the population needed to trigger sieges?
go to raw\objects\entity_default.txt, down at entity:devil and reduce all PROGRESS_TRIGGER parameters by 1.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 08, 2011, 01:46:58 am »

Can anyone tell me where to find details on the structure of files in the Save folder? I've looked on the wiki and done some searches on the forum, but came up with nothing.

Editing the raw files is one thing. But I'd like to be able to edit files like site-25.dat and world.sav, which seem to be encoded in some compressed format. ...Or is doing what I'm asking impossible?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 08, 2011, 12:31:09 pm »

where do you find the "Clowns" in the raws i want to make them trapable and trainable.
war "Clowns" anyone?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 08, 2011, 12:37:40 pm »

They're not, for that exact reason.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #267 on: March 08, 2011, 12:44:03 pm »

Can anyone tell me where to find details on the structure of files in the Save folder? I've looked on the wiki and done some searches on the forum, but came up with nothing.

Editing the raw files is one thing. But I'd like to be able to edit files like site-25.dat and world.sav, which seem to be encoded in some compressed format. ...Or is doing what I'm asking impossible?

The format of the save game files is still largely a mystery.  Part of it has been worked out, the raws for world-specific procedurally generated creatures are fairly easy to decode.  The rest of the save file is in a format known only to Toady.

You can start with this page to see what's been figured out so far:

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rick/Save_research
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 08, 2011, 12:53:14 pm »

That goes double for me on the question if some on the more annoying procedurally generated things can be removed.  I can plan a defense against trolls.  I can plan traps to kill goblins.  I can even make elven death-traps... but how do you plan agianst something that's so completely random that it shouldn't even exist? Panda-mans is one thing but a tentacled horror with pink feathers and dust breath just doesn't jibe well with my sense of fantasy-reality, you know?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 08, 2011, 03:18:12 pm »

so the "clowns" arn't able to be messed with?
if so bummer:(
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19