Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Carp Cage  (Read 1235 times)

Pyrorex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Carp Cage
« on: May 27, 2008, 01:07:00 pm »

So I always wanted a fish pond in DF. I don't know why but I do. But I can never ever catch the slippery little bastards. I was wondering if there was a way to make a caged fishy item that you can buy from the embark screen? This way I can has my fish pond.

Also war carp >.>

[ May 27, 2008: Message edited by: Pyrorex ]

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
Re: Carp Cage
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 05:47:00 pm »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

"Who has summoned teh CaRp MaStEr"?
"You seek teh FoRbBiDeN Knowledge"?
"Here"
http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=002294

"And next time make an offering before you summon MeH"!

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 06:36:00 pm »

In case you're a sane person and thus ignore everything that I3erent says, add the tags [COMMON_DOMESTIC] and [TRAINABLE] to the carp's creature entry. This'll let you take them on embark and train them for War (and Hunting). I don't think it will bring an aquarium for them to swim in, though - do fish still suffocate if out of water in Fortress Mode?
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Pyrorex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 06:53:00 pm »

Yes. Drain a river. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted and just edited them. Sadness. And Berent didn't read the thread, although your thread, which I have read before, is a good alternative. But I don't always have fishies in my rivers. Speaking of which, someone needs to add a fishies mod. Make fishes more common.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 07:06:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Pyrorex:
<STRONG>Yes. Drain a river. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted and just edited them. Sadness. And Berent didn't read the thread, although your thread, which I have read before, is a good alternative. But I don't always have fishies in my rivers. Speaking of which, someone needs to add a fishies mod. Make fishes more common.</STRONG>

Yeah, I read It just forgot to say "no" you cant do it the way you wanted, sorry for the lack of focus.

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Pyrorex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 07:10:00 pm »

Well helpfulness is you. I suppose of I bought terarriums at the beginning and set them up they'd use them, right?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 07:14:00 pm »

If you could set up the terrariums and stick them in there before they "drown", yes.  However, you can't buy terrariums from the embark menu.  If you made them breath air then that's just fine, but that's a little silly now isn't it?

Also, apparently fish will "drown" in cages that are above water.  Haven't tested it myself though.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 07:20:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>If you could set up the terrariums and stick them in there before they "drown", yes.  However, you can't buy terrariums from the embark menu.  If you made them breath air then that's just fine, but that's a little silly now isn't it?

Also, apparently fish will "drown" in cages that are above water.  Haven't tested it myself though.</STRONG>

That's a bit silly, since any air-breathing creatures can live in an underwater cage...
So they can go scuba-diving with a cage but the reverse is impossible for fish?
Also Pyro yeah you can't buy terrariums off the embark menu..  Gotta have sand.
You could always add [SOIL_SAND] to what you DO have and then they'd get it as sand for use in your glass furnace..  But you have to have a bag too.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Pyrorex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 07:28:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>If you could set up the terrariums and stick them in there before they "drown", yes.  However, you can't buy terrariums from the embark menu.  If you made them breath air then that's just fine, but that's a little silly now isn't it?

Also, apparently fish will "drown" in cages that are above water.  Haven't tested it myself though.</STRONG>

Gotta turn your terrarium into an aquarium.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 07:04:00 pm »

quote:

No they dont, the cage keeps em alive.