Poll

How do you use this mod?

This is how I play Dwarf Fortress!
I use pieces of it
I use it for modding examples
I don't, I was just curious
Other

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: Civilization Forge Mod  (Read 79893 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge Mod
« Reply #405 on: November 30, 2009, 08:20:46 pm »

Very common problem with the current version of DF (for vanilla Megabeasts as well). The only thing you can really do to fix it is to give every Megabeast a size increase of about 300 or so during world-gen, and then revert them back before actually playing. Sucks, but at least it'll be fixed in the next release of dwarf fortress.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

tigervx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 30, 2009, 09:50:49 pm »

Thanks, now that I've edited them a good amount survived up to 1050!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 30, 2009, 11:06:27 pm »

Very common problem with the current version of DF (for vanilla Megabeasts as well). The only thing you can really do to fix it is to give every Megabeast a size increase of about 300 or so during world-gen, and then revert them back before actually playing. Sucks, but at least it'll be fixed in the next release of dwarf fortress.

I wouldn't even bother reverting them back because even at size 300 a couple of legendary champions can handle them with ease.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 04, 2009, 06:43:04 am »

For what it's worth, I happened to find what was wrong with that glowcap farm I posted about way back when.

Bug log - 000936 □ [dwarf mode][interface][announcements][message spam] (Report) farms with wall in the center square cause seed cancellation spam and seeds being stuck in the farm

One mystery solved.

More on topic: I've had plenty of vanilla maps where I failed to find things like sphalerite and cassiterite, and plenty of CivForge maps where I did find it(in fact I've often had a shortage of copper, given the more-realistic reactions for brass and bronze). And I'd rather find rock crystal than a whole bunch of otherwise-nigh-useless value-10 gems(which I still get enough of anyway), so I think the ore distribution is fine.

Looking forward to the new version's military enhancements; right now I'm really bad at raising and maintaining a military, and their stupidity about it doesn't help. With those in place, it might be easier to be prepared for a megabeast incursion - and maybe some of the new ones will show up...
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Shaio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 05, 2009, 03:05:43 am »

Has anyone added Civ_controllable to high elves and playing them? it might be something I fucked with, but in fortress mode the refuse to pick-up any of the weapons I brought with me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 05, 2009, 11:23:27 am »

I have. They should be fine using most weapons, although you'll have to change their civ to either use crossbows or make a new type of bow that uses the crossbow skill. DF currently doesn't let fortress mode characters use normal bows right now.

I haven't done anything extensive with it other then add in War Bows and tweak the civ entries a bit, but if people want I can release the High Elf mod I've been messing with.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Shaio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 05, 2009, 04:08:24 pm »

AH, thanks.

Its interesting having animals be friendly to you.... and being able to bring snail-men along at 1 point a pop.

+1 for starvation because all your food is eaten by your pet slug-men and snail-men.

add [CLUSTER_NUMBER:15:25] to all mega-beasts during worldgen for extra fun... You get so few otherwise....

Stopped my worldgen at year 40 and have a list of nearly 50 living dragons...

TBeholder

• Bay Watcher
  • the shade of something you remembered to forget
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 08, 2009, 10:53:17 pm »

Does anybody else have problems keeping Megabeasts alive? They seem to die in droves during the World Gen process
Very common problem with the current version of DF (for vanilla Megabeasts as well). The only thing you can really do to fix it is to give every Megabeast a size increase of about 300 or so during world-gen, and then revert them back before actually playing.
Does bigger DAMBLOCK not help? BTW, i wonder why so few critters in the original ruleset have any, even though dwarves got one. ???
Of course, dwarves are supposed to be tougher than normal for their size, but your average "Urist Unarmoredson, Peasant" still isn't half as thick-skinned as a hyppopo-doom, no?
Nafferton said: “See me chase that boy till he drops!” I said: “You can’t get your knife into an Assistant Commissioner.” Nafferton told me that I did not understand the administration of the Province.
- "Pig"

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 08, 2009, 10:57:44 pm »

I think you naturally get a damblock rating based on your size, and then the damblock tag adds even more on top of that. Dwarves have it in vanilla to balance them out with the elves and humans.

You can give them damblock if you want. My mega-hydras are currently size 200 and damblock 150.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 09, 2009, 02:48:21 pm »

Is there hippomen?
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 09, 2009, 02:49:44 pm »

In Civilization Forge? No. I don't think I have them in my Primitive Civs mod either, although I guess they'd be easy enough to add in to that one.
Come play Mafia with us!

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 09, 2009, 02:52:52 pm »

Well I made super Hippos and Hippomen, and I think Hippomen are amazingly AWESOME!
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 09, 2009, 02:58:39 pm »

Ah. Well, you should be able to add them to your own copy of Civilization Forge easily enough, then. It plays reasonably well with other mods.
Come play Mafia with us!

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 09, 2009, 02:59:11 pm »

Yay. anyway, how do i add in graphics? I dont know how to edit the init file.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Zinja

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 27, 2009, 09:41:34 pm »

For some reason, the graphics for this do not work that well.  I started a clean install and fresh download of civforge and added the graphics.  Had to manually fix the creatures, but most of the new races show up like this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That is a Jawa, but Xelic's, Frost Giants, and a few others do the same thing.
Here is my civi_forge_races.bmp.
Any help folks?
Thanks!
--Jay

I had this exact same problem.  When I recolored the background of civi_forge_races.bmp to black in MS Paint, everything worked perfectly.

I still have no idea why.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31