Poll

How do you use this mod?

This is how I play Dwarf Fortress!
I use pieces of it
I use it for modding examples
I don't, I was just curious
Other

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: Civilization Forge Mod  (Read 79940 times)

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge Mod
« Reply #255 on: June 01, 2009, 09:54:41 am »

Can I get some clarification of the Silver Xelics's position towards wooden objects?

The wiki and this thread both say they do NOT mind other races using wood. I take this to mean they're wiling to buy things made of wood. However, when I do this the merchants gave the same response as the Elves and refused to trade anymore. Is it just that they don't mind how many trees I cut down? Or have I missed something?

Thanks

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 01, 2009, 10:00:54 am »

I should clarify that. They USED to not care at all about wood, now they're picky about trading for it the way Elves are. They don't care if you cut trees down, though.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 13, 2009, 05:33:52 pm »

Will this work with 40d11? I'm using MayDay's graphics pack and the new version of that has 40d11 but I'd like to continue using Civ Forge as well.
Urist McMother has given birth to hectoplets.
Urist McMother has bled to death.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 13, 2009, 05:41:05 pm »

Works fine with 11d for me.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Cal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 13, 2009, 06:09:33 pm »

Great, thank you.
Urist McMother has given birth to hectoplets.
Urist McMother has bled to death.

PsychoBuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 18, 2009, 11:45:51 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1119
Here is the graphics set for it. Enjoy.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 18, 2009, 11:55:39 am »

Looks good! I've added the link to the OP and to the wiki page.  ;D
Come play Mafia with us!

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 21, 2009, 09:45:29 am »

i've found a strange beast, but it doesn't show up in your pack, or in the wiki, does anyone know if it was made by this mod or not? :P just curious

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i mean, damn, that's weird :P
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 21, 2009, 12:38:32 pm »

The two-legged rhino lizard is actually a standard vermin critter in Vanilla DF. It only shows up in savage areas, I think.
Come play Mafia with us!

hormiga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 02, 2009, 08:12:31 pm »

It would be nice if the graphic pack had some sort of installation instructions and/or how to get it to work.

Or even better yet, just throw together all the modded data and game into a package (like DF Complete and Maydays Graphic pack) so people don't have to fart around and crawl through files.

Your mod sounds interesting but I can't get past the ASCII....

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 08:25:21 pm by hormiga »

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 05, 2009, 12:42:53 am »

It would be nice if the graphic pack had some sort of installation instructions and/or how to get it to work.

Or even better yet, just throw together all the modded data and game into a package (like DF Complete and Maydays Graphic pack) so people don't have to fart around and crawl through files.

Your mod sounds interesting but I can't get past the ASCII....

I'm using it with mayday...granted some of the creatures show up as coffers, I still personally prefer it than complete ascii

SwiftAusterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 05, 2009, 08:54:29 am »

I can't remember who it was, but I was just denied a trade because I included leather (they said something about me being some sort of evil killer). There were three civs all trading with me at the same time which is why I can't remember >.>

It might have been the dynasari. Also, all the civ forge race diplomats seem to leave before meeting anyone now that I have a baron. The humans and dwarves seem fine, but everyone else serves me some sort of platitude and leaves without actually forming any agreements.

Just wondering if this stuff is expected/normal.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 05, 2009, 09:44:08 am »

Yeah, that's normal. The race that complained about leather would have been either elves or silver xelics. The races that that show up, say nothing worthwhile, and leave would be any race without merchant barons. So could have been dyansauri or hobgoblins.

It's just stub behavior in the game since the caravan arc isn't done yet. That'll all improve whenever Toady gets around to working on trade.

Come play Mafia with us!

SwiftAusterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 05, 2009, 09:50:50 am »

Cool. Great work on the mod, BTW. Just having three caravan races come all at once and the subsequent siege/thief/ambush spam has made defense a lot more fun. Thieves without trapavoid causes fun things when a path is created through my stone traps due to thief bungling, allowing the siegers through to other defensive layers.

That and all the new animals (I've got a 60 cage zoo at this point in the current fort) makes it worth playing again ;)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 05, 2009, 09:53:33 am »

Glad you're enjoying it!
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31