Poll

How do you use this mod?

This is how I play Dwarf Fortress!
I use pieces of it
I use it for modding examples
I don't, I was just curious
Other

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: Civilization Forge Mod  (Read 79939 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge Mod
« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2009, 08:00:16 pm »

Something wierd has just happened, for some reason instead of press shift/ctrl 5 to go up or down I just have to hit shift or ctrl. In a way this is nice but now I can't do the thing where you press shift and an arrow key to move the view around faster. I'm not sure how this happened, I've tried copying the interface files from other dwarf fortress folders I've got but it keeps returning the this odd short cut. An even wierder thing is that it works as normal for the first few seconds then goes to the new short cut thing. Any ideas?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 04, 2009, 08:05:23 pm »

Hmmm. No, I don't think I've ever seen that happen before.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 04, 2009, 08:59:09 pm »

The only things I did was copy the folder to my usb drive and changed the image routes (I'm using the mini graphics pack that was released for this mod) so that it was all going to the mayday folder, I never touched anything related to the interface.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 04, 2009, 09:02:00 pm »

How odd. I guess the best thing to do is make a thread in the Modding forum. Maybe someone else has had this problem with mods before.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Vampire Penguin

• Bay Watcher
  • Forced on the bandwagon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 07, 2009, 09:32:09 pm »

Whenever I install this mod, my text goes all funky, and I get names like [House]ur[lever]is9fairy]t. My fish turn into meat, and my vermin turn into dots. I think there might be a bug with the tileset designators in the script, because this normally doesn't happen. I am using the latest version of Civ Forge with Mayday's graphics pack, 40d11.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 07, 2009, 10:19:52 pm »

Hmmm...anyone else have this problem?
Come play Mafia with us!

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2009, 03:34:18 pm »

I get that too. My install was over the Mayday Download.

Also, I was sure what when I embarked there were about 7 Civs around me but when I press c all I see is one. Have I missed something?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 03:35:57 pm by Nabobalis »

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2009, 03:36:56 pm »

Sounds like its replacing the language files and re-instating the accent characters that were taken out of the mayday pack to allow for graphical vermin?

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2009, 03:45:37 pm »

Also, it happened with Legendary Lands also. But to be honest it is not much of a distraction for me.  :P

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2009, 03:55:47 pm »

Also, I was sure what when I embarked there were about 7 Civs around me but when I press c all I see is one. Have I missed something?

That's normal. You won't see all the races until you've had a few caravans go out.

As for the issue...maybe install the mod and THEN do the Mayday pack?
Come play Mafia with us!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2009, 07:16:26 pm »

Well the vermin are suppose to be dots, not sure about the fish I don't recall. I can't help with the names though.

Vampire Penguin

• Bay Watcher
  • Forced on the bandwagon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2009, 11:26:19 pm »

That's normal. You won't see all the races until you've had a few caravans go out.

As for the issue...maybe install the mod and THEN do the Mayday pack?
I tried reinstalling the tilesets, but I can't do the whole thing, since I am using 40d11. It didn't work.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2009, 01:21:47 pm »

Something crashed me during worldgen.

Didnt like it, as it took me some time to get a world I like with all the new civs in it (well, cept for jawas, but I dunno why those are in here anyway  ::))

Anyways, the next world is coming along fine, just though I report it.

ps. what the hell? my world generated a dwarven forrets retreat. I must burn that down in adventurer mode, the sheer blasphemy...
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2009, 01:24:07 pm »

Something crashed me during worldgen.

Didnt like it, as it took me some time to get a world I like with all the new civs in it (well, cept for jawas, but I dunno why those are in here anyway  ::))

Anyways, the next world is coming along fine, just though I report it.

ps. what the hell? my world generated a dwarven forrets retreat. I must burn that down in adventurer mode, the sheer blasphemy...

Yeah, every once in a while I get worlds that crash on me when I try to save them. Still haven't figured out why, yet. Only happens on large worlds that have a lot of history, though, so maybe it's a memory thing.

Don't worry about the forest retreats, that just means your dwarves went out and conquered the Elves or Silver Xelics who lived there. Nothing shameful in that at all.
Come play Mafia with us!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 11, 2009, 11:07:20 am »

I just got my first caravan of high elf traders, at the same there were some normal elf traders.

Suprised I was too see that once the high elfs reached my depot, two of their annimals ignited, thus burning down everything in the depot. Now, amusing as burning elfs are, it was a bit of a bummer that eventualy it als burned down the rest of my fort.

The oddest thing was that my fort was build in a tundra, though the trader wagons did pass a magma pipe.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31