Poll

How do you use this mod?

This is how I play Dwarf Fortress!
I use pieces of it
I use it for modding examples
I don't, I was just curious
Other

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: Civilization Forge Mod  (Read 79876 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge Mod
« Reply #435 on: January 23, 2010, 12:52:52 pm »

Giant floating Jellyfish.

You'll also see Sun Dancers, which are small floating Jellyfish. And Mist Flayers, who are giant aggressive floating jellyfish.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 23, 2010, 01:05:44 pm »

That's where good-drawn creature sprites are handy :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ThiefofTime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 25, 2010, 11:47:03 pm »

I was encountering a problem where miners, straight after embark, kept dropping their picks when they weren't actually mining. A brief look at 'mattocks' found they need to be set to use two weapons.

Aeltar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 10, 2010, 02:21:03 am »

First off, great work.  I'm really enjoying this mod and Frost Giant Citadel (though I've played that less).

I've packaged Civilization Forge (installed on 40d17) and the graphics mod together, for ease of (well, lack of) installation.  You can download it here.  If the mod's creator would like me to take it down, send me a PM and I will.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 10, 2010, 03:33:11 am »

People are really nice these days, thank you Aeltar :).

May I ask you to upload it to http://dffd.wimbli.com? It's much easier to download from there  and it's a major DF files portal. I could do it instead of you, but you're the author of the bundke so you'd better be listed as an uploader instead of me.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 10, 2010, 11:08:32 am »

First off, great work.  I'm really enjoying this mod and Frost Giant Citadel (though I've played that less).

I've packaged Civilization Forge (installed on 40d17) and the graphics mod together, for ease of (well, lack of) installation.  You can download it here.  If the mod's creator would like me to take it down, send me a PM and I will.

Nifty. Glad you're enjoying the mod!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Aeltar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 10, 2010, 06:29:01 pm »

File uploaded to DFFD including links to standalone versions of the mod and graphics pack.

smokingwreckage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 20, 2010, 08:50:00 pm »

Does the complete graphics pack include soil, rock, floor tiles etc or only creatures? I really like the idea of RantingRodents representation of ores and gems based on value.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 10, 2010, 11:41:50 am »

Would someone be able to help this fellow with getting tilesets to work with the graphics?

I really should figure out the ins and outs of tilesets and graphics someday. I feel bad not being able to help people with it.
Come play Mafia with us!

smokingwreckage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 15, 2010, 11:54:08 pm »

Bump: more info on making graphics work is at the link. Or click:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=50724.0

for info on making Mayday's awesome characters and graphics play with Civilization Forge and the additional CF characters!

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 16, 2010, 08:32:59 am »

Yeah, I should've posted here as well tbh, for consolidation here's the link:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1926

There's info on what needs to be done to get it working on the dffd page.

All I did was take the package posted earlier and did what was needed to fix the issues. Please do post any issues with it, I'll try to get them fixed if there are any :D

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 23, 2010, 03:23:40 pm »

Question for people: How often do you use the various Elemental metals? (Glacium, Incendium, Tempestium, Elementium?)

Has anyone other then me ever even used Elementium?

What about Ward Iron?

If you do use them, how do you use them? Do you save the metal for moods? Wait until you have a Legendary smith?

I'm trying to decide what I want to do with these infused metals for the next version, so it's good to know how the existing versions are used.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 24, 2010, 04:03:46 pm »

Hmmm, I was hoping for a bit more response on that.

In any case, I am planning on making the infuser reaction create more bars per gem. You rarely get enough of any one metal beyond Glacium to even make a full suit of armor. Not a big deal with Incendium or Tempestium, since they're  more for weapons, but it sucks with Ward Iron.
Come play Mafia with us!

smokingwreckage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 25, 2010, 01:52:30 am »

Well I keep losing forts before I get to the stage where I'd let a Legendary ++++ smith at the stuff. That'd be what I did, although locking a moody smith in a room with some might be fun too.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 25, 2010, 08:33:37 am »

I just started playing with this mod yesterday, so I don't understand enough to even be helpful.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31